FLYING (1 Viewer)

wingy

Proposals about limiting drinking when you fly.
Passengers, not Pilots of as course as in Glasgow recently.
Is It a bit draconian when there have only been around 450 arrests over the last two years related to this.
Given hundreds of thousands of flights in that time you'd conclude that we're all pretty sensible.
I conclude one drunken nutter in the air is one too many, yet can't help feeling this is a tad over the top.

chiefdave

You say 'only' 450 but that is of course just arrests and wouldn't include others who have caused disruption and not been arrested.

The issue is the cost involved. Diverting a plane so someone can be arrested is expensive, not to mention a huge pain for all other passengers.

As with many things these days those that can't control themselves are going to impact on those of us who can.

vow

All I can say is:
everythinginmoderationnavy_fullpic.png

vow

Joking apart, as Dave says, the minority spoil it for the majority.

Grendel

The attitudes definitely changed though. Even the odd time I've had to fly economy most booze is free and as much as you want

On Emitates they literally throw it down you. One stewardess said to me are you having a few of these beers - if so I will give you 3 cans now and just come over to our area for refills.

Terry Gibson's perm

When I first went to the US you could have as much as you wanted as often as you wanted and they used to leave you two or three cans at a time by the time and they used to be round all the time giving you more by the last time it had got much more difficult and you had to go and get your own.

Been on the sort of flights this is aimed at though the ones where people are boozed up getting on and just continue.

olderskyblue

The attitudes definitely changed though. Even the odd time I've had to fly economy most booze is free and as much as you want

On Emitates they literally throw it down you. One stewardess said to me are you having a few of these beers - if so I will give you 3 cans now and just come over to our area for refills.

To be fair, on Emirates, you can get well tanked up in the executive lounge before stepping on the plane. And it's good stuff in there too.. :D

Nick

Administrator
Never understood why people get drunk and angry on planes, last time I was admittedly hammered on a flight but no trouble at all. Not rowdy, just kept ordering drinks and playing cards.

Don't get why people kick off

Gazolba

Proposals about limiting drinking when you fly.
<snip>.
No more tea, coffee or ginger ale? Is that to prevent the queues for use of the toilets?

Johnnythespider

I heard a story today where someone who had ordered breakfast in an airport was asked if they wanted to go large, when they asked what this meant they were offered a pint with it. A little more responsibility from those selling it wouldn't go amiss.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I always drink when I fly, even if it's 6 in the morning. I mean why not? Flying along with football and weddings is a completely acceptable environment to get messed up in no matter what the time.

I have been on planes with idiots and these people need to be dealt with, but just to cut it out altogether won't work.

They can ban alcohol altogether, but profits will tumble. So unless they decide to blame Brexit, they'll have to get on with it and allow some mediation.

Sky_Blue_Daz

If they can make money out of punters they won't ban alcohol

ccfc92

I always drink when I fly, even if it's 6 in the morning. I mean why not? Flying along with football and weddings is a completely acceptable environment to get messed up in no matter what the time.

I have been on planes with idiots and these people need to be dealt with, but just to cut it out altogether won't work.

They can ban alcohol altogether, but profits will tumble. So unless they decide to blame Brexit, they'll have to get on with it and allow some mediation.

I like getting a early flight, 7am or so, then ordering a cooked breakfast with 2 pints to settle nerves :)

Some of the dirty looks from people sipping water though, Jesus. I'd understand it if I was steaming, but I don't see any issues with a few beers before/on the plane.

Like many have said, the airlines can't afford to lose alcohol sales. I've been on about 12 flights all together, and never seen anyone drunk and disorderly.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I flew with Virgin a few years ago to LA and in a 12 hour flight I must of had 8-10 cans of Bud all free the stewardess asked me if i every time she passed if I wanted more,I even went for a piss and she gave me a couple of cans on the way out.
Definitely recommended haha !!

Terry Gibson's perm

I like getting a early flight, 7am or so, then ordering a cooked breakfast with 2 pints to settle nerves :)

Some of the dirty looks from people sipping water though, Jesus. I'd understand it if I was steaming, but I don't see any issues with a few beers before/on the plane.

Like many have said, the airlines can't afford to lose alcohol sales. I've been on about 12 flights all together, and never seen anyone drunk and disorderly.

You should take off your pilot's uniform while you are drinking the beers that will stop the looks:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread