Football Conference (1 Viewer)

BrakesFan

A while ago the Conference gave Hereford a deadline of 5pm today to pay their football creditors. Hereford didn't pay. Tomorrow the Conference board are meeting. What do you think will happen?

Football League: spot the difference.

skybluetony176

The FL are too busy topping up their tans in Portugal under the guise of dealing with football matters to deal with football matters.

lordsummerisle

A while ago the Conference gave Hereford a deadline of 5pm today to pay their football creditors. Hereford didn't pay. Tomorrow the Conference board are meeting. What do you think will happen?

Football League: spot the difference.

That it was football creditors not a landlord?

Will they be getting kicked our for owing money to non-football creditors if they paid football creditors?

BrakesFan

The FL are too busy topping up their tans in Portugal under the guise of dealing with football matters to deal with football matters.

That it was football creditors not a landlord?

Will they be getting kicked our for owing money to non-football creditors if they paid football creditors?

No idea. But my point is/was they issued an ultimatum and a deadline, and I don't doubt they'll do something about it.

blend

Isn't rent debt for a football stadium classed as a football creditor, I assumed it would be?

lordsummerisle

Isn't rent debt for a football stadium classed as a football creditor, I assumed it would be?

Football League rightly shouldn't get involved in rent disputes, especially when there is a monopoly in the area for a suitable ground.

blend

Football League rightly shouldn't get involved in rent disputes, especially when there is a monopoly in the area for a suitable ground.

I don't really think that was an answer to my question, which I'm still not sure of the answer to. The reason I ask is that the FL take a different view on football creditors/non-football creditors as I'm sure you are aware. If a rental dispute leads the owners of a club to administration followed by a mess whereby the owners and administrator cannot even tell them where the golden share is then they surely cannot avoid getting involved. Maybe if our club's owners had dealt with it differently there wouldn't have been a need for them to be involved at all.

lordsummerisle

I don't really think that was an answer to my question, which I'm still not sure of the answer to. The reason I ask is that the FL take a different view on football creditors/non-football creditors as I'm sure you are aware. If a rental dispute leads the owners of a club to administration followed by a mess whereby the owners and administrator cannot even tell them where the golden share is then they surely cannot avoid getting involved. Maybe if our club's owners had dealt with it differently there wouldn't have been a need for them to be involved at all.

Were football creditors ever an issue? The only real debt was to a property company, whether it was a football ground or not, the landlords aren't football creditors.

The League doesn't give a toss about other creditors if they're not player,s other clubs etc they can whistle for it.

SkyblueBazza

Ploughing money into the Portuguese economy rather than back into the game!

Although there are no venues in England large enough to contain their cumulative ego & all the bullshit they churn out!

PUSB

CJ_covblaze

Football creditors are players, other clubs, governing bodies such as the FA, FL, PL, UEFA, FIFA etc and no one else. Even managers, coaching staff, physios, sports scientists, nutritionists etc don't count. Brendan Guilfoyle said this at a conference I was at a year or so ago. He mentioned that Neil Warnock would go from telling the players at Palace "we're all in the same boat and need to stick together" in the dressing room one minute to walking out and demanding his wages from him the next.

Football creditors are guaranteed their money either now or more often than not it'll be deferred to a future date. This isn't ideal, hence why the Plymouth players were having to sell their houses and move to rented accommodation but at least they get it in the end. Everyone else could end up singing for their money unless they put pressure on the administrator (e.g. Warnock above).

covboy1987

[h=2]FRIDAY, JUNE 06, 2014[/h][h=3]Bulls Get Saturday AM deadline[/h]By Bobo

The Bulls have to meet a Saturday deadline to make payment to see if they retain their Conference position.

The decision was made at today's Conference Board meeting with the club having failed to meet a 5pm Thursday deadline to pay football creditors.

Chairman David Keyte attended the meeting with a representative of new owner Tommy Agombar, named in the Conference statement as Andrew Green.

martcov

Were football creditors ever an issue? The only real debt was to a property company, whether it was a football ground or not, the landlords aren't football creditors.

The League doesn't give a toss about other creditors if they're not player,s other clubs etc they can whistle for it.

Didn't Tim say that CCFC Ltd was a property company and ML confirm it by saying Appleton couldn't field a team? This referring to the ownership of the GS and players registrations. In which case both debtor and creditor are non-football.

wingy

[h=2]FRIDAY, JUNE 06, 2014[/h][h=3]Bulls Get Saturday AM deadline[/h]By Bobo

The Bulls have to meet a Saturday deadline to make payment to see if they retain their Conference position.

The decision was made at today's Conference Board meeting with the club having failed to meet a 5pm Thursday deadline to pay football creditors.

Chairman David Keyte attended the meeting with a representative of new owner Tommy Agombar, named in the Conference statement as Andrew Green.

Andrew Green
Is that the guy who had Cov Rugby for a few years and made a bit of a mess?

RegTheDonk

Yes, thats assuming the Southern League will let them in. Wonder what ramifications it will have for other teams, I would assume some teams would be promoted so the pack is shuffled evenly?

BrakesFan

Yes, thats assuming the Southern League will let them in. Wonder what ramifications it will have for other teams, I would assume some teams would be promoted so the pack is shuffled evenly?

They do it with reprieves. Chester get reprieved back into the Conference Premier and Hays & Yeading get reprieved back into the Conference South. This leaves too many clubs in the Conference South so they're moving Lowestoft into the Conference North. I'm sure they'll enjoy their trip to Barrow.

wingy

Users who are viewing this thread