Football Lads Alliance. (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but couldn't see one.

So some may of seen this, most probably haven't as it's not in the media's current agenda and of no interest to them. So for those who don't know the Football Lads Alliance (FLA) was set up and arranged a March in London, the weekend just gone in memory of all the victims from the terrorist attacks we've had over the last few months. It was simple really, the whole football community united together for one cause against terror/extremism.
The organisers and police were both expectant of a few hundred people to turn up. In reality a few thousand turned up. Fans from all clubs marched together and laid wreaths and held a minute applause etc. A blue nose I work with went and said there were nearly 10,000 people there. Also said there were quite a few Cov, (anyone on here go or know anybody who did)?

Anyway, talk is of them organising another, similar event for later on in the year. It is currently scheduled in for the international break in Oct. Saturday Oct 7th. Also the same day we're away at Barnet. If times and locations allow it, it would be great to see a big showing of City support on the way to Barnet.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Just going to leave this here. Make up your own mind whether it's accurate or not.

A second warning for antifascists: thousands on the streets of London as far right reorganises
I've already made my mind up! The one and only news story I've really seen on the whole matter and "SHOCK HORROR" it's a leftie putting a bad spin on it.
The entire incident passed peacefully and without incident and people showed their respects to the dead and voiced there opinions on extremism!
Stone them all! They must be racist for apposing terror attacks! How very dare they?

Nick

Administrator
So is it a mix of football "lads" marching against terrorism etc?

What exactly is that going to do to prevent somebody from ISIS going on a rampage?

NorthernWisdom

They've marched alongside the EDL before, says it all!!

Does it say that?

I, personally, haven't made my mind up, Searchlight is not necessarily the most reliable of forums, any more than Tommy Robinson is an exemplar of all Tory voters ;) Wroth noting however that it tends not to be 'lefties' who contribute to it, but 'righties'.

Anything that has Toni Bugle as one of the speakers, however, sees me out I'm afraid.

pastythegreat

So is it a mix of football "lads" marching against terrorism etc?

What exactly is that going to do to prevent somebody from ISIS going on a rampage?
It creates publicity. This alone won't prevent an attack, but hopefully it builds towards a futre without them
I personally feel that as a white British male who has major concerns about parts of Islam that are being taken as gospel by some members of Muslim communities and used for an excuse to kill, I can't voice those opinions without being branded a 'Nazi' or a 'Biggot' or the new favourite for lefties made up words an 'islamaphobe'! If we're ever going to beat isis or terrorism full stop regardless who is to blame, we need to stand up to it without fear of 'offending the left'! Most lefties would rather hug a suicide bomber than talk to Tommy Robinson. When all he is doing is voicing his concerns. Not everybody agrees with his view but that doesn't automatically make him a racist!
The thing is that both the left and the right want extremism gone, the left would rather have a cup of tea and a biscuit to talk it over and the right want prison sentences and deportations. And because of that they're 'fascists' but aren't the left being just as fascist in they're own views against the right? Of course. 9/10 Edl protests, it's the opposition marches that cause the trouble, yet in the papers it's the fault of the EDL. They have a right to speak as much as the left. Let's not forget why the EDL was formed in the first place. In protest against Muslims spitting at soldiers returning from war marching through Luton. What was said about that? Nothing! Because if you speak against that your a racist and the left will call you a neo nazi!

clint van damme

It creates publicity. This alone won't prevent an attack, but hopefully it builds towards a futre without them
I personally feel that as a white British male who has major concerns about parts of Islam that are being taken as gospel by some members of Muslim communities and used for an excuse to kill, I can't voice those opinions without being branded a 'Nazi' or a 'Biggot' or the new favourite for lefties made up words an 'islamaphobe'! If we're ever going to beat isis or terrorism full stop regardless who is to blame, we need to stand up to it without fear of 'offending the left'! Most lefties would rather hug a suicide bomber than talk to Tommy Robinson. When all he is doing is voicing his concerns. Not everybody agrees with his view but that doesn't automatically make him a racist!
The thing is that both the left and the right want extremism gone, the left would rather have a cup of tea and a biscuit to talk it over and the right want prison sentences and deportations. And because of that they're 'fascists' but aren't the left being just as fascist in they're own views against the right? Of course. 9/10 Edl protests, it's the opposition marches that cause the trouble, yet in the papers it's the fault of the EDL. They have a right to speak as much as the left. Let's not forget why the EDL was formed in the first place. In protest against Muslims spitting at soldiers returning from war marching through Luton. What was said about that? Nothing! Because if you speak against that your a racist and the left will call you a neo nazi!

If people want to march then fair enough, but I would say that stopping doing arms deals with isis main backer would be more effective.

pastythegreat

If people want to march then fair enough, but I would say that stopping doing arms deals with isis main backer would be more effective.
Unfortunately I have absolutely no power over that at all! I did call Teresa on her personal hotline yesterday but she didn't even want to entertain the idea! Don't say I didn't try!

NorthernWisdom

Of course. 9/10 Edl protests, it's the opposition marches that cause the trouble, yet in the papers it's the fault of the EDL. They have a right to speak as much as the left. Let's not forget why the EDL was formed in the first place. In protest against Muslims spitting at soldiers returning from war marching through Luton. What was said about that? Nothing! Because if you speak against that your a racist and the left will call you a neo nazi!

Right-minded mainstream right-wingers wouldn't justify the EDL...

Nick

Administrator

I agree with standing up to it, although I'm not sure marches really stand up to a coward with a bomb in his bag at a concert etc.

I'm far from wanting to hug a suicide bomber, just don't see what a march through a town is going to do to prevent it.

I'm sure i remember seeing something about a group like this of football hooligans who had all gone and volunteered somewhere and were helping with something? I can't remember what it was and can't find it either :(

pastythegreat

I agree with standing up to it, although I'm not sure marches really stand up to a coward with a bomb in his bag at a concert etc.

I'm far from wanting to hug a suicide bomber, just don't see what a march through a town is going to do to prevent it.

I'm sure i remember seeing something about a group like this of football hooligans who had all gone and volunteered somewhere and were helping with something? I can't remember what it was and can't find it either :(
The same could be said for all marches Nick, marching round the ricoh with a Coffin, marching with Antifa, marching 2 by fucking 2! They can all be seen as pointless by some and raising awareness by others. The reason marches NEVER work is because there is ALWAYS an opposition. Nobody wants to stop and listen to other people's points of view, just discard them as rubbish or thick or racist etc. If the oppositions of each March stopped protesting and listened they'd probably realise they're not so tree hugging or racist or so on and actually want the same thing and sit and work out how to find common ground and build on it!

Nick

Administrator
The same could be said for all marches Nick, marching round the ricoh with a Coffin, marching with Antifa, marching 2 by fucking 2! They can all be seen as pointless by some and raising awareness by others. The reason marches NEVER work is because there is ALWAYS an opposition. Nobody wants to stop and listen to other people's points of view, just discard them as rubbish or thick or racist etc. If the oppositions of each March stopped protesting and listened they'd probably realise they're not so tree hugging or racist or so on and actually want the same thing and sit and work out how to find common ground and build on it!

I do say the same about all marches ;)

The thing with marches is that it will always have bellends mixed in there for the trouble no matter what the point is being raised that ruins it.

pastythegreat

Yup. I'm assuming that's not the impression you wanted to give, however?
Well, that's your prerogative!
I'm more right than left but not a Supporter of the EDL. I agree with a lot of what Tommy Robinson says but not necessarily how he voices it. Don't think the violence thing works as like I said to Nick, it just promotes/returns violence instead of people listening to each others views!

clint van damme

Unfortunately I have absolutely no power over that at all! I did call Teresa on her personal hotline yesterday but she didn't even want to entertain the idea! Don't say I didn't try!

maybe you could get some banners made displaying a message to that affect and hold it up during your march.

Nick

Administrator

giphy.gif

clint van damme

I always believe if you feel strongly enough about something you should protest no matter how futile it may be.

Nick

Administrator
I think the best way to show a statement is to get everybody who is against terrorism working together, the majority of muslims are against it. Sikhs, Hindus, Christians, Catholics etc. Work together to root out anybody who is trying to radicalise or is radicalised and nip it in the bud. Yes Tommy Robinson does make some good points and I agree with some of the things I have seen him say on the telly but again it's the way he goes about it. He isn't going to get for example an old muslim couple who have followed the religion since birth and don't have a bad bone in their body on side is he? They want to go about their business and keep themselves to themselves the same as everybody else and will also be fully against terrorism.

If for example the guy who killed Lee Rigby is radicalising loads of vulnerable prisoners I have no issue with him being beaten daily or just put down though.

The whole marching thing, watched the documentary about policing London and you can see there are people who go to protests just to kick off. Some of them were absolutely mental the stuff they were going on about and kicking off about. Some of the "anti facists" are just as bad as some people from the EDL etc etc for kicking off. The same as you have some muslim people kicking off etc.

clint van damme

I think the best way to show a statement is to get everybody who is against terrorism working together, the majority of muslims are against it. Sikhs, Hindus, Christians, Catholics etc. Work together to root out anybody who is trying to radicalise or is radicalised and nip it in the bud. Yes Tommy Robinson does make some good points and I agree with some of the things I have seen him say on the telly but again it's the way he goes about it. He isn't going to get for example an old muslim couple who have followed the religion since birth and don't have a bad bone in their body on side is he? They want to go about their business and keep themselves to themselves the same as everybody else and will also be fully against terrorism.

If for example the guy who killed Lee Rigby is radicalising loads of vulnerable prisoners I have no issue with him being beaten daily or just put down though.

The whole marching thing, watched the documentary about policing London and you can see there are people who go to protests just to kick off. Some of them were absolutely mental the stuff they were going on about and kicking off about. Some of the "anti facists" are just as bad as some people from the EDL etc etc for kicking off. The same as you have some muslim people kicking off etc.

Also been documented that a lot of marches are infiltrated by police and security services with an agenda to influence their outcome.

rob9872

Right-minded mainstream right-wingers wouldn't justify the EDL...

I think they would in it's original form and supposed intentions. It was created for a more rounded view and a voice/platform for those with concerns but who didn't want to be tarred with the brush of extremism. Unfortunately it was hijacked quite early on by the BNP, National Front, Britain First, Combat 18 etc and all the other abhorrent organisations who came along to spread their hate and bigotry and have a bit of a ruck where possible. Of course not helped by those who oppose it turning out in equal numbers to protest against the march, some of whom hold equally disgusting yet opposite views and in some cases also up for a fight.

clint van damme

Why? To smear them?

Same with the media, I bet they stick people in to get a story or two.

and intelligence. Remember the case recently where an undercover who had infiltrated the animal rights movement developed a relationship and had children with one of the people he was women he was gathering info on.

Nick

Administrator
and intelligence. Remember the case recently where an undercover who had infiltrated the animal rights movement developed a relationship and had children with one of the people he was women he was gathering info on.

Ah, that's to be expected to get intelligence though surely to know what's going on?

pastythegreat

Apparently nobody bothered to cover this particular march, says the OP.
Well did they? Without googling it, did you know it had happened/was happening? Has anybody on here seen it on any mainstream news channels?
They were more interested in the handful of EDL marching 2 miles up the road and the opposition that faced them than they were a largely peaceful protest by football fans!

clint van damme

Ah, that's to be expected to get intelligence though surely to know what's going on?

and to influence what's going on.
Imagine if the march tomorrow gets out of hand, Mays woes will be conveniently buried.

Nick

Administrator
The Muslims spitting at soldiers and the likes of the EDL are two sides of the same coin. Tarring billions of people as the same as a tiny tiny minority is a disgrace.

Pretty much the point I was trying to get at. There will be pricks in every "group" and then also people who are just there at the marches to kick off.

Sick Boy

I think they would in it's original form and supposed intentions. It was created for a more rounded view and a voice/platform for those with concerns but who didn't want to be tarred with the brush of extremism. Unfortunately it was hijacked quite early on by the BNP, National Front, Britain First, Combat 18 etc and all the other abhorrent organisations who came along to spread their hate and bigotry and have a bit of a ruck where possible. Of course not helped by those who oppose it turning out in equal numbers to protest against the march, some of whom hold equally disgusting yet opposite views and in some cases also up for a fight.

Robinson/Lennon is also a divisive bigot himself, so it's hardly surprising it got 'hijacked'.

covcity4life

you dont have to be a white british male to be worried about terrorism pasty

london and manchester attacks were despicable.

muslim man and women victim of acid attack by a white guy in manchester, thats worrying, thats hate crime.

the whole country is fucked for whites blacks and asians.

Nick

Administrator
you dont have to be a white british male to be worried about terrorism pasty

london and manchester attacks were despicable.

muslim man and women victim of acid attack by a white guy in manchester, thats worrying, thats hate crime.

the whole country is fucked for whites blacks and asians.

Has it been confirmed as a hate crime?

The instant "hate crime" or "race related" stuff doesn't help because of something happening between people of different race etc. Somebody can be a prick whether they are white, black or asian and get a whack for it for example and they get that whack because they are being a prick rather than skin colour / religion. (That isnt saying people dont do it purely based on skin etc)

The first instinct shouldn't be to be "its race related" without knowing anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread