Football league (1 Viewer)

Didge76

What a load of tossers they are. They are spineless and I'm appalled that they have not listened to the fans in any way whatsoever. All that they are concerned about is fulfilling the fixture list and nothing else. Think it's time ACL rejects the cva and stands up to this bunch of charletons.

wingy

It would be handy now the decision has been made if the Trust, MP's and others who have been in the loop and communicated with the FL could publish some of the nuances involved ,expressed regards the leagues honesty regards the move.

blueflint

agree with that sentiment m8 i am finished with football now will become an all weather golfer

The Football League has today approved plans by Coventry City to play their home games at Sixfields, home of Northampton Town, for the next three seasons.
In a statement, the league said: “The Board of Directors of The Football League has reluctantly approved an application by Otium Entertainment Group - the Administrator’s preferred bidder for Coventry City FC Limited - for Coventry City to play its home matches at Northampton Town’s Sixfields Stadium for an initial period of three seasons.”
The controversial move will see Coventry play their home games at Northampton despite widespread pressure from their own supporters against such a move.
The Sky Blues will have to move their fixtures when they clash with Cobblers’ games but their first home game of the season, against Bristol City on the weekend of August 10/11, will take place at Sixfields.
The Football League statement continued: “In the Board’s view, it was a matter of “deep regret” that it had not proved possible for the club’s proposed purchaser to reconcile its differences with the owners of the Ricoh Arena - Arena Coventry Limited (ACL).
“However, with the new season less than four weeks away, the Board required certainty as to where the Club would play its matches from the start of the new campaign.
“Nevertheless, the Board’s approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League’s conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.
“Otium will also be required to provide a Performance Bond of £1m with The Football League as an assurance of the club’s commitment to return to the Coventry area.”
Football League Chairman, Greg Clarke, said: “The Football League believes that clubs should play in the towns and cities from which they take their name.
“Nonetheless, from time to time, the Board is asked to consider temporary relocations as a means for securing a club’s ongoing participation in our competition.
“With no prospect of an agreement being reached between Otium and ACL, the Board was placed in an unenviable position - with the very real possibility of Coventry City being unable to fulfil its fixtures for next season.
“This would inevitably call into question the Club’s continued membership of The Football League.
“The Board did not take this decision lightly and it remains a matter of deep regret that the two parties involved cannot come to an agreement.
“I urge both Otium and ACL to continue to explore every possible opportunity to resolve this dispute, for the good of the City of Coventry, its football club and people living in the local community.”

D

Deleted member 5612

What a load of tossers they are. They are spineless and I'm appalled that they have not listened to the fans in any way whatsoever. All that they are concerned about is fulfilling the fixture list and nothing else. Think it's time ACL rejects the cva and stands up to this bunch of charletons.
<br />
<br />

The way it sounds in the statement is that the FL were threatened that if they didn't accept the ground share than the club wouldn't survive to play its fixtures - just my interpretation from the wording

sky_blue_up_north

the words "initial 3 years" worries me in there

We will never play in Coventry again that is a FACT.... the club know as Coventry City is dead

spwaverley4916

I agree with you sentiment Didge - but I think " All that they are concerned about is fulfilling the fixture list and nothing else." means they would rather have the city in the league than not - hence their agreement, however distasteful, to the sixfields share. if City could not fulfill the fixtures they would be chucked out of the FL.
that said - as long as they are playing in Northampton I will not be going to home games - and maybe not away - My CCFC died today.

Well thank-you to all the cronies at the Football League!

"Real football, Real Fans" - they should be changing that to "Real Money, :censored: The Fans"

Disgusted. I just hope somebody, somewhere is hatching a plan for another club, 'Coventry Singers' was mentioned somewhere else. I'd buy into that!

its a shame coventry united is called coventry united BUT i suppose this has united coventry. wasnt going to go due to the name but might go.

tim fisher on shane o connor at 8 tomorrow

its a shame coventry united is called coventry united BUT i suppose this has united coventry. wasnt going to go due to the name but might go.

tim fisher on shane o connor at 8 tomorrow

fecking FUMING!!!!! Wish i could get down to cwr studio in morning and get to this c-unit suggest city fans go to see him!!!!!

NTFC

Please see the Football league protest thread aswell as moaning about the FL. Do something about it surely?

RegTheDonk

“Nevertheless, the Board’s approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League’s conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.

Over to you ACL.

Sky Blues

With my comments in red:

Football League
Real Football, Real Fans (let down by us)

Statement on Coventry City

The Board of Directors of The Football League has reluctantly approved an application by Otium Entertainment Group - the Administrator's preferred bidder for Coventry City FC Limited - for Coventry City to play its home matches at Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium for an initial period of three seasons.

An initial period suggests there could well be an extention. How many years are the Football League prepared to let Coventry play outside of Coventry?

Also suggests the Football League accept Otium have passed the fit and proper person's test then? http://footylaw.wordpress.com/2013/...w-owners-fail-the-fit-and-proper-person-test/

In the Board's view, it was a matter of "deep regret" that it had not proved possible for the club's proposed purchaser to reconcile its differences with the owners of the Ricoh Arena - Arena Coventry Limited (ACL). However, with the new season less than four weeks away, the Board required certainty as to where the Club would play its matches from the start of the new campaign.

So Sisu's tactics of leaving things as late as possible so people feel they have no option has worked again.

Nevertheless, the Board's approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League's conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.

And if the club does not exit administration until, say, October what happens then?

Otium will also be required to provide a Performance Bond of £1m with The Football League as an assurance of the club's commitment to return to the Coventry area.

At what point is that judged forfeit? See: period of, initial

Football League Chairman, Greg Clarke, said: "The Football League believes that clubs should play in the towns and cities from which they take their name. Nonetheless, from time to time, the Board is asked to consider temporary relocations as a means for securing a club's ongoing participation in our competition.

"With no prospect of an agreement being reached between Otium and ACL, the Board was placed in an unenviable position - with the very real possibility of Coventry City being unable to fulfil its fixtures for next season. This would inevitably call into question the Club's continued membership of The Football League.

Has Otium even attempted to do a deal with ACL yet? Did the Football League ask them if they had tried?

"The Board did not take this decision lightly and it remains a matter of deep regret that the two parties involved cannot come to an agreement. I urge both Otium and ACL to continue to explore every possible opportunity to resolve this dispute, for the good of the City of Coventry, its football club and people living in the local community."

The Football League will now continue working with the Administrator and Otium to achieve an exit from Administration in line with the Board's Insolvency Policy.

Which is published where?

chiefdave

I find it unbelievable that the FL can even begin to consider an owner fit and proper when they are moving the club out of the city. they also seem to have completely disregarded their own rules just to allow SISU to get away with this.

saltaire bantam

Very sorry it has been confirmed, sickening.

Surely this means time for action and the end of "Let's wait and see what happens next"?

Users who are viewing this thread