football manager fans,help settle this issue please (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

could do with your opinions guys

me and my friend are having a networked game(currently in its tenth and final year)

its business end of the season and he is top i am second in prem, i was playing my game in hand to cut his lead down to 5 points)

as i had carling cup final 3 days later i decided to make 11 changes and play some talented youngsters and back up seniors,ricsky i know. i was playing sheff wed who are second bottom at home

79th min at 0-0 at the my pc crashed and restarted itself. i had 17 shots,2 on target, wednesday had 2 shots off target

so annoyed but cant go back in time now. anyway my friend beleives we should call it a draw and i should keep simulating till it throws up a draw. i see his point but at same time cant dismiss the fact there were 10 odd mins left for me to get the winner

so i proposed i simulat the match 5 times, if its a draw at any point ill save it and move on. however if i win all 5 simulations i think its fair to say there is a good chance i would have got a winner in the original match.

i did simulate and i won all 5 with exact same team and formation,assistant manager set to use same formation/tactics too btw

so i got the win and cut his lead down to 5 points

hes now saying its tainted and does not know if he wants to finish the final season off

i agree its tainted somewhat but its a game and we had technical issue,i felt my solution was fair as i had conceded alot by simualting match 5 times in a row to get those 3 pts

we will never know what would have happened in final 11 mins of original match but i feel the stats show i had a good chance of winning just as much as i did have drawing

what are your thoughts guys? you agree with my mate? with me? we both right? both wrong? good solution? should he finish the season?

Thanks

covcity4life

sigh,its a game nick
no money just pride

whats point of an off topic forum if your just gonna shit on every thread? or is it just every thread i make?

scroobiustom

I play network games all the time normally around 5 of us in at once and sometimes get the "crash dump"

my question is what were you doing saving it before the game in first place? smells like cheating to me!

I think the correct etiquette is to continue from your last save ergo nothing else beyond that point is taken into account and the result is the result, could always contact SI yourself and get it from the horses mouth as it were.

covcity4life

I play network games all the time normally around 5 of us in at once and sometimes get the "crash dump"

my question is what were you doing saving it before the game in first place? smells like cheating to me!

I think the correct etiquette is to continue from your last save ergo nothing else beyond that point is taken into account and the result is the result, could always contact SI yourself and get it from the horses mouth as it were.

i hadnt saved directly before it,we had to simulate fa cup round again too but lucky that worked first time with us getting our wins back

then i saved it before the match in question

im not sure i would be happy with replaying a game i previously won and then losing it i must say!

scroobiustom

i hadnt saved directly before it,we had to simulate fa cup round again too but lucky that worked first time with us getting our wins back

then i saved it before the match in question

im not sure i would be happy with replaying a game i previously won and then losing it i must say!

but your up for replaying a game you may not of won as it was 0-0 at the time, swings and roundabouts my friend! :p

scroobiustom

Solution: take the draw, be the bigger man...

let your assistant play the sheff wed game and agree with your mate, you will have no involvement (no doubt your have a decent asst. and smash them!)

covcity4life

Solution: take the draw, be the bigger man...

let your assistant play the sheff wed game and agree with your mate, you will have no involvement (no doubt your have a decent asst. and smash them!)

that game hadnt finished...

also the 5 simulations were taken by my assistant manager

scroobiustom

pick the same young team you had, formation etc, let your asst manage witrh current selection and tactics?

Nick

Administrator
Have a bare knuckle fight with him in a car park wearing vests to settle it the proper way?

covcity4life

lol its jsut a laugh, its not like its testing our friendship. i was just curious who ppl would side with

im sure he will finish it off

Yorkshire SB

If I were him I'd be happy, because it's win win. If he goes on to win the league then that's great, but if you do he can complain about said result forever more.

However if he agreed to the five simulations proposal then he can have no complaints, and also if you win the league by a points margin greater than two then it's completely fair.

covcity4life

yeh temple thats where we stand and how it looks likely to move on

however if i do win league by just 1 pt i will rub it in lol

Ccfcsj

Put the original (crashed) game down as game abandoned due to power failure in the ground :p. Do what happens in real life and replay the match. The new result should stand.

Users who are viewing this thread