Football Manager

Discussion in 'Technical Support / Computing / Gaming' started by ccfc92, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

I have asked Nick to make this a sticky, as the official FM forums mainly focus on the top teams on FM.

Post here: Questions, Tips, Knowledge and other stuff regarding FM and CCFC on FM :)

First Tip: Nathan Delfounso is 30 goal a season striker on FM14 in Striker - AF role ;)

2. SlowerThanPlatt

SlowerThanPlatt Well-Known Member

Just going to start with City with the newest transfer update. Reda, Jackson etc.

Will post some updates as I progress through the season.

3. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

Started a game as Fulham, attempting to avoid what happened in real life. Started well[​IMG]

Lasted three months and was ousted while 11th, as a new chairman came in and brought Gareth FUCKING Southgate in. Turned down Burnley and Reading, was passed over by Roma, Swansea, Hamburg and Lille, so took over lil' Montpellier side sitting 19th in Ligue Un in January, tasked with saving them at all costs.

Hit a good run including a freakish win at Lyon and hit a comfortable finish in the end
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second season started badly, but ended up with European qualification via a French Cup win plus a top half finish
    [​IMG]

Bigger clubs came in but it didn't feel right to jump to Lyon or Marseille so I went to another French club in need: Arsenal. They finished 9th and were in danger of fading into obscurity and clearly saw the salvage job I did, and wooed me in the hope lightning could strike twice.

It did, and how
    [​IMG]

Montpellier went back to 19th and got relegated, Fulham are getting closer to the Championship by the day. I'm the Mr Wolf of the management game.

4. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

Is that without using editors etc ajs?

5. ajsccfc

Yeah, I don't muck around with anything bar deleting that file so the German national team uses the real players.

6. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

I assume you don't play as Cov tho lol?

7. ajsccfc

I almost can't any more, I caught lightning in a bottle once when I took them to the top of the football world thanks to a Scandinavian sugar daddy so I can't go back as I'll never match up to that.

Having said that, in FM2015 we'll be at the Ricoh starting on 0 points, so I'll give them a go at some point.

8. ajsccfc

This just popped up, quite timely:

[​IMG]

9. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Got us promoted in the first season at Six fields with the -10 points. 2nd year, I was comfortably mid-table when the club got a takeover and I was sacked. I tend to float around league one/two clubs, getting promoted before resigning, then doing it again with someone else.

10. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

using game editor or...?

I find I get so far by playing a legit game, and then it falls apart :(

11. SlowerThanPlatt

Caught the last few minutes (FM15 new features video) about the media taking various approaches to how they treat you, past history being used in job interviews and players getting moustaches during November :D

[video=youtube;LIPhF0_S0pQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPhF0_S0pQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

12. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Dont use the editor. I find I get bored of it very quickly that way.

Think I was top scorers in he league. Will post a screenie when I get home

13. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Here's my stats. Can't be bothered to put them all. Shows 2 promotions in 3 years with 2 different clubs, and being promoted in the first year with -10 points. In both the promotion seasons, I was top scorer.

fm 14 stats 1.jpg

14. WillieStanley

WillieStanley Active Member

Does anyone else have issues with attendance when they get Cov back to the Ricoh... I mean serious issues. I can barely get past 2k in the Champ which keeps sending me into administration!! I'm in my 4th season, yoyoing all the way with -10 points and a blitz sale of players each season!!

15. ajsccfc

I think I was getting around the 10k kind of mark when I moved.

16. WillieStanley

WillieStanley Active Member

I have no idea what to do!! I'm in and around the relegation zone of the Champ but thats thanks to Mr Admin!!

17. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

Do you sign anyone? or just use the standard Cov team? I've found using the original squads, you can't sign anyone/extend contracts. but using the Jan update, you can, plus Delf is a beast :)

I just find I can do so much, but can never mount a promotion challenge. Do you mess with tactics, tactic editor and training much?

18. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

I've never played long enough to get back, lose interest after all my teams leaves after 1st season :(

but sixfields gets 7k average in my game in the Jan update

19. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

I do sign the odd player, mainly on loans. I never go out to build a new team, I like to see what I have available in my current squad and play to their strengths, like in my first year at Cov, I played with Wilson & Delfonso up front, Moussa on the left and signed Anthony Forde on loan from wolves, with Fleck and Thomas as the holding players, played balls over the top for the forwards to chase after, plenty of crosses and very attacking.

Walsall, I had 2 lumps up front, but had some decent wingers and a very good attacking midfielder, so played a variety of 4-4-2 Diamond & a standard 442, hit the front men, knock down balls for the on rushing midfielder, plenty of crosses. I was struggling in the center of the midfield though and at the back, sold someone and signed a centre back & got Joey Barton on a free in January.

Always changing tactics, every game I have a fiddle with them, only ever so slightly. Don't touch the others,

Btw, my media handling is so poor because I always storm out of interviews when i get bored of doing it. :claping hands:

20. footyfrenzy

footyfrenzy Active Member

21. sw88

sw88 Chief Commentator!

I miss this game :( Now back in the market for a laptop so I don't have to is another version of it (been almost 3 years without the PC / laptop version I think.....)

22. ajsccfc

Anyone else got the 15 Beta? I can't get used to the new layout, everything's on its side and in a different place.

23. SlowerThanPlatt

One thing I would have liked is on the rolling calendar at the top when the game loads they should have put when players are returning from injury. Would have been a nice little thing to have.

The fake club and league badges seems really weird as well, fair enough I'll probably replace them anyway but its starting to look like Pro Evo.

24. ajsccfc

They seem to have upgraded the kits in the 3D engine so each team is actually wearing their proper strip rather than 'red plain' or 'blue/white stripes'

25. SlowerThanPlatt

Getting far too many injuries. I'm almost half a season in and its pretty unbearable the amount of injuries that I get. They all seem to be 4 weeks + too.

I'm not saying there is a problem with the game and it could very well be a result of my training etc. which I will now be changing to see if anything improves.

26. ajsccfc

I haven't noticed the same on mine for what it's worth.

27. Nathccfc

Nathccfc Active Member

What is your general opinion on the beta? I'm still on FM14 but with a custom updated database.. Only just started a new season actually

28. ajsccfc

It's good once you get used to the interface (not quite there yet). The shouty team-talk thing seems to have more effect than it did before too.

29. ajsccfc

[​IMG]

Hiyo!

30. sw88

sw88 Chief Commentator!

Want to get this one. Just need a laptop to play it on, but as always, can't decide on one to get!

31. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

Hows every one getting on with 15?

Might get it on payday :)

32. Seaside-Skyblue

Seaside-Skyblue Member

Its pretty good. The match graphics are a tad better. Quite hard though.

33. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

Got it today.

We start at Sixfields? :confused:

When do we go back to the Ricoh?

34. ajsccfc

It mirrors this season, so some time in September.

35. ccfc92

ccfc92 Well-Known Member

cheers :) are the attendances any good or...?

also, is the standard squad any good on FM? Promotion wise