Football Manager (3 Viewers)

skybluegod

Laptop versions are too in depth for my liking on certain aspects but the iPad versions are a nice balance and cause the same outburst of rage and jubilation.

I find the FM game more 'fixed' than thep version. As i only use the key highlight function, I knew that if we missed 2 good chances, then they would almost definitely score and win, and that pissed me off a bit cause it happens multiple times.

ajsccfc

Finished first season on the 18 Beta, after a rocky start to League 2 where I was hovering between autos and playoffs going into January, ended up absolutely walking the division by a good 16 points with the best attack and defence. The central midfield really needs strengthening at the start though, luckily there were a few young freebies let go by PL/Champ teams. Nazon and McNulty both topped 20 goals apiece, but the late season takeover fell apart so I'm still stuck with Fisher for a while yet.

covcity4life

this game is not good for health

made a new formation as spurs inspired by pep and napolis trident. never scored so many goals per match(avg 3 a game and with 4 games left in season i have scored 85) defence is also BEST in the league

yet here i am with 4 games to go just 1 pt ahead of my friend who is liverpool. i am gonna choke. can feel it :(

covcity4life

should not have feared. my friend crumbled in last 4 games drawing 3 losing 1, i won the title with 3 to go

and then went on to win the champions league afte being 2 down to psg at half time i changed to very attacking tactic, got it to 2-1, then had man sent off, scored a free kcik equaliser. decided to keep going in extra time for the winner and got it! 3-2! spurs champions of europe!

woody11462

Just started my game now, forsy few efforts kept crashing at the Nuneaton friendly but since the update it's orted.

Top of the league by 7 points having played 10 games. won 9 and drawn 1. Scored 28 and conceded 10. McNulty has 10 in 9 and Nazon has 8 in 9. Vincenti has 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games.

Playing 4-4-2 with two advanced wingers. Signed McTominay (CM) from Man Utd, James (LW) from Swansea, Sinclair (CF) from Watford, Bjordal (RW) from Brighton and Verlunden (RW) from Stoke all on loan.

ajsccfc

I thought we were a bit too good for League 2 as I eventually won it as a canter, but League 1 was eating my goal-filled dust from the very first game onward

7HIrYpl.jpg

YbvW2SQ.jpg

IuFAIEX.jpg

ajsccfc

Flat 4-3-3 with Grimmer and Haynes as more wingbacks than regular fullbacks. Jones and Nazon as strikers either side of McNulty, Kelly as holding and Stevenson + a rotation of other midfielders as 'carrilero'

Nick

Administrator
I'm tempted to get it, but I think I might lose hours of my life.

Is there a quick way so you can just sort of simulate the match rather than play through it?

superskyblue

I'm tempted to get it, but I think I might lose hours of my life.

Is there a quick way so you can just sort of simulate the match rather than play through it?

You can set each game to commentary only so you skip all highlights but still make subs in game. Or you can go on holiday and leave tactics, team selections, subs to your assistant manager.

Nick

Administrator
You can set each game to commentary only so you skip all highlights but still make subs in game. Or you can go on holiday and leave tactics, team selections, subs to your assistant manager.

I like the scouting, signing players etc but then it's the sitting through every game. I wouldn't use the actual 3d stuff anyway and would go old school with text view.

R

RB1992

I have purchased FM18 and tried to play it, but I just can't figure it out. It's the first FM game I've played (used to boss LMA Manager on the PS2) and I just can't get my head around the sheer volume of information, screens, tactics etc. I played a couple of games with Coventry, lost them all, never played again.

Liquid Gold

Been playing the mobile version which is good stripped back game for people who dont have loads of time and is only 8 quid.

Came 2nd in league 2 with McNulty getting something like 40 goals. 10 Games left in league 1 and I'm 3 points off 2nd but my form is dropping. Andreu and Kelly are trouble makers but I've managed to get some really good players in after selling Stevenson. Somehow managed to start a bidding war for Vincenti and shift him for £650k too!

superskyblue

I like the scouting, signing players etc but then it's the sitting through every game. I wouldn't use the actual 3d stuff anyway and would go old school with text view.
If you set it for commentary only each game should last about 2 mins max so sounds like it could work for you.

steve82

Been playing the mobile version which is good stripped back game for people who dont have loads of time and is only 8 quid.

Came 2nd in league 2 with McNulty getting something like 40 goals. 10 Games left in league 1 and I'm 3 points off 2nd but my form is dropping. Andreu and Kelly are trouble makers but I've managed to get some really good players in after selling Stevenson. Somehow managed to start a bidding war for Vincenti and shift him for £650k too!

Yep I'm a fan of the mobile version on the iPad too. Not as in depth as the pc version. I find it's the right balance but still as addictive.

Last edited:

covcity4life

will get this if see any good deals around xmass.

always buy fm every 2 years, fm 16 was really hard and annoying but i have finnaly cracked it with a amazing trident attack formation

Alkhen

As well as the insta results skin you do a few of these tips to speed up gameplay as well as load times and detail level :) makes it bearable for me.

Here's how you can dramatically speed up Football Manager [INSTANTLY]

Cant play as Cov as i just get pissed off with the real results compared to the in game action!

Currently guiding Salford City to the football league, i prefer a long term project

Reactions: vow

ajsccfc

The speed killer for me is the active leagues, I like to have most of the major European leagues (+Scotland if I'm playing in England) running so the game seems more legit and you get more players coming through.

ajsccfc

I've gone up too quick I think, the Championship has cottoned on to the fact that I've still got the majority of a squad that pissed League 2 and 1. I'm hoping for a solid consolidation season before I rip the guts out of the team in the summer.

Liquid Gold

The mobile version is mental. I worked out if you offer your players out on the cheap you can start a bidding war and just slowly raise the price until its way over value. Sold Haynes for £1.4m and Kelly for £1.7m. Brexit is killing me though, can't pick up any young European players.

R

RB1992

The mobile version is mental. I worked out if you offer your players out on the cheap you can start a bidding war and just slowly raise the price until its way over value. Sold Haynes for £1.4m and Kelly for £1.7m. Brexit is killing me though, can't pick up any young European players.
Which team you playing as mate?

woody11462

Won league 2 with a record points haul of 103 for the season for that league. McNulty finished with 39 goals in 43 games in the league. I've signed far too many players on loan for the '5 in match day squad' rule for the next season. Renewed some from last years and added George Thomas, Matthew Pennington and Adam Armstrong (it wasn't even sentimental, just three that would accept the offer!) Also got Honeyman from Sunderland, Zelalem from Arsenal and Walton from Brighton on loan and signed Shinnie, Caulker and Paul Downing on a free. Sold Turnbull even though he was the best rates defender as I just didn't want him back in my team.

Changing between my advanced 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3 after hearing how well ajsccfc did. After 7 games in league 1 I'm second on goal difference behind Mowbray's Blackburn with 5 wins and 2 draws.

ajsccfc

Second season of the Championship I was hovering around eighth but leaking cash and going no further so I quit, went on holiday and applied for top division clubs which coincided with West Ham sacking Bilic while in the top half. Took over, held that position then started overhauling a bit of a creaky old squad. Currently started well and would be top after five games were it not for an away defeat at Sheffield Wednesday

JsYBI8x.jpg

Ffcu3mw.jpg

Cov in the meantime are 23rd in the Champ, I was massively overperforming.

woody11462

Second season of the Championship I was hovering around eighth but leaking cash and going no further so I quit, went on holiday and applied for top division clubs which coincided with West Ham sacking Bilic while in the top half. Took over, held that position then started overhauling a bit of a creaky old squad. Currently started well and would be top after five games were it not for an away defeat at Sheffield Wednesday

JsYBI8x.jpg

Ffcu3mw.jpg

Cov in the meantime are 23rd in the Champ, I was massively overperforming.

Quitter! ; )

Brighton Sky Blue

Won League 2 by 10 points, including a scalp of Villa in the League Cup. Second in L1 at New Year, behind an unbeaten Pompey. Fisher left in L2, so I was able to bring in some very handy freebies but the defence remains very shaky.

Real surprise was that Barnet got promoted with me last season and are now hot on my tail in 3rd. Nice to see the game throw that up.

Sick Boy

Bought this the other day as well. Sitting top of League 2 at the moment with only 2 defeats all season. Not exactly scoring for fun, sounds like it would be worth going 4-3-3?

MichaelMc

Hello there, I play FM for years and now I made some team guide videos for it. This one I made for Coventry City, I tried to be objective and I hope You will give me a good critics :D What do you think?
<

Sick Boy

Got myself setup as a 4-3-2-1 in a similar style to Liverpool and won League 2 with 100+ points and beat a star studded Chelsea u23s team in the Checkatrade Final. After 4 games I have a 100% record in League 1...might send my CV off to CCFC ;)

Users who are viewing this thread