Football Managers Database, and the real world. (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

So if you need information about players, then forget wiki, use Football Manager instead.

Even players ring up the staff at FM HQ to say their stats are wrong, because they know Sports Data company ProZone are using the stats from the game to help recruit players for clubs.

Is it not inconceivable to think that they have they wages spot on for the players too?

Wages at CCFC
fm1.jpg
fm2.jpg

At least the slide of CCFC doesn't lie!
fm3.jpg

Carl Baker is on 3k at MK Dons, thats £200 less than Tudgay?
Danny Pugh is on £3.5k a week, what a waste!

“Prozone Recruiter has been built to supplement the intuition of scouts and coaches by delivering detailed performance information on over 80,000 players worldwide,” says Prozone’s CEO, Thomas Schmider. “The Sports Interactive database is a highly accurate and valuable resource that will further enhance the recruitment services that we provide”

So it maybe just a game, but the information is as close to the real thing as you'll get anywhere else.

It's something to ponder, and to see how SP and SISU has used up the wage budget... on complete shit.

covcity4life

i just won the league with liverpool and currently 26 prem games unbeaton. never been approached for managers job though....

Philosorapter

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

I believe Aristotle first coined the phrase on what is needed at CCFC;

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Gazolba

I'm sure there are many things in the contract other than just wages. So wages don't tell the whole story.

Gazolba

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Except in our case, it is less than the sum of its parts because most of the 'parts' are either not putting in 100% or they are out of position.

Philosorapter

Except in our case, it is less than the sum of its parts because most of the 'parts' are either not putting in 100% or they are out of position.

Yes, the quote has been changed from the time of Aristotle and you are logically correct to point it out. I think Aristotle put the word 'different' instead of 'better', it is though still a part of emergence.

I understand that we picked up a new computer sytem for training that would give out all matter of different statistics about how someone plays. I forget what it was called but I am sure someone will enlighten me about it.

I just have a concern with the amount of statistics that this thing is kicking out, CCFC may not be data-mining it correctly or picking up on what the system is not telling you, hence the werid postional stuff from Pressley.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and to think at one time we owned Prozone............... :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

I understand that we picked up a new computer sytem for training that would give out all matter of different statistics about how someone plays. I forget what it was called but I am sure someone will enlighten me about it.QUOTE]

The problem is that they chose a programme that runs on a ZX81...

Users who are viewing this thread