For a football site.. (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Its rather noticeable there are only a very few posts actually about football..

And to think that is what I originally joined to discuss :thinking about:

skybluetony176

i pray for the day when everything of field makes sense so i can go and watch my team and talk a different type of bollocks on here. who's a donkey, the referee's a wanker, what a goal etc etc.

DaleM

It did start off with lots of posts about football , then every fuckers an accountant , then all of a sudden its gone batshit mental . :thinking about:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes the football hardly matters anymore.

I went on Saturday for first game of the season purely to increase the away following and help ensure away crowd was about double the SISU Northampton crowds. I have to say my heart was not he game at all. I clapped the goals rather than cheered. I don't really care anymore until SISU have gone.

Nick

Administrator
Yes the football hardly matters anymore.

I went on Saturday for first game of the season purely to increase the away following and help ensure away crowd was about double the SISU Northampton crowds. I have to say my heart was not he game at all. I clapped the goals rather than cheered. I don't really care anymore until SISU have gone.

Why would a sudden change of owners make you care?

Nick

Administrator
Things I have learned.....

Debenture
Escrow
All standard business practice

Exactly, people should be groaning at our midfielder not passing to the striker when he has an open goal. Instead it is how pr companies are working and legal action.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Why would a sudden change of owners make you care?

You may not of noticed but Coventry no longer has a club playing in that city!
I'm amazed what has happened to my club under these owners, level 3 football and no home ground plus some very dubious business tactics by owners.

Flying Fokker

The longer the club is away the worse it gets. I will not see City play until they are back in Coventry. The trouble is I no longer feel our club represents us any more.

The Sixfields 1500 are the ones that will take the club forward. In their Coventry home? Difficult for those 85 percent of fans who no longer go to identify with this club that plays in Sixfields.

The owners trebled the ranks of stay away supporters. Sadly, most never had a passion for off the field activities. Knowing that city had 'captured' a Terry Yorath, David Speedie, or Robert Yarni was good enough.

When did city last buy a player worth talking about?

The lifeblood of the club has gone. The fans didn't have to drift away.

If city return it will take as much fortitude to go up there as the Sixfields are passionate about seeing their team play. We all follow the Sky Blues.

I didn't support football. It was Coventry City or nothing.

Sky Blue Kid

Nick...Why would a sudden change of owners make you care?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A chance that needs to be taken, if only to rid CCFC of Blood sucking idiots who know nothing about how to run a football team!

Sky Blue Kid

Maybe the previous regimes weren't the best of businessmen, but the one thing they ALL had which these "Hedge Fund prats" DON'T have, is a PASSION for our Fotball Team. They gave us some fabulous players...Curtis, Sillett, Machin, Rees, etc,etc. in the 60s through to Dublin, Hadji, Chippo, Boateng, and who could forget Ndlovu. What have this Shower of crap given us?...NOTHING unless it came out of a "Lucky Bag".

torchomatic

I usually ignore your posts, but this is bullshit. Along with "passion" you forgot to mention making us homeless, relegating us from the Premiership, having the biggest debt in our history...

Those great players came at a price.

EDIT: Obviously only talking about the previous regimes, not JH, though he lost loads of money with the Washington Diplomats fiasco.

Maybe the previous regimes weren't the best of businessmen, but the one thing they ALL had which these "Hedge Fund prats" DON'T have, is a PASSION for our Fotball Team. They gave us some fabulous players...Curtis, Sillett, Machin, Rees, etc,etc. in the 60s through to Dublin, Hadji, Chippo, Boateng, and who could forget Ndlovu. What have this Shower of crap given us?...NOTHING unless it came out of a "Lucky Bag".

Last edited:

SkyBlueHomer

I usually ignore your posts, but this is bullshit. Along with "passion" you forgot to mention making us homeless, relegating us from the Premiership, having the biggest debt in our history...

But that is the problem with modern day football though isn't it. All clubs in the Premiership are paying out more than they can afford to stay there & lots of others are paying our more than they can afford to get there. The modern game is no longer about the football, all money.

Sky Blue Kid

How many teams, unless they are Man utd, Chelsea, Man city, Barcelona, inter Milan, etc, would pay a WORLD record fee for a goal keeper??? Coventry City did back in the 60's...£35k for Bill Glazier under the JH regime.....THAT is "Passion and love of a Club"

RoboCCFC90

Nick...Why would a sudden change of owners make you care?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A chance that needs to be taken, if only to rid CCFC of Blood sucking idiots who know nothing about how to run a football team!

Unfortunately Football as a sport has evolved and it's no longer just about running a Football Team as our situation proves. Whether SISU have the business sense to run our club or a business is up to you however.

Astute

EDIT: Obviously only talking about the previous regimes, not JH, though he lost loads of money with the Washington Diplomats fiasco.

And relegation to division 3 on top of what I have highlighted is what has happened since SISU came to town. Yes I know that the council saved us when we were first made homeless. Bet they now wish they hadn't bothered along with Higg's charity. But Joy still refuses to talk to anyone that could thrash out an agreement to take us back to Coventry. Now if she actually had an agreement to meet and kept up with it I would look at things again. If there was any proof that it is the fault of CCC/ACL that were asking for too much now the overheads are much lower......which is what SISU made out as what they wanted until the ground was mortgaged....then I would be as anti CCC as yourself. But until then I will stay open minded and only deal with what can seen to be the truth.

torchomatic

And relegation to division 3 on top of what I have highlighted is what has happened since SISU came to town. Yes I know that the council saved us when we were first made homeless. Bet they now wish they hadn't bothered along with Higg's charity. But Joy still refuses to talk to anyone that could thrash out an agreement to take us back to Coventry. Now if she actually had an agreement to meet and kept up with it I would look at things again. If there was any proof that it is the fault of CCC/ACL that were asking for too much now the overheads are much lower......which is what SISU made out as what they wanted until the ground was mortgaged....then I would be as anti CCC as yourself. But until then I will stay open minded and only deal with what can seen to be the truth.

Open minded?! I've heard it all now.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Sky Blue Kid

Torchy.......I usually ignore your posts, but this is bullshit. Along with "passion" you forgot to mention making us homeless, relegating us from the Premiership, having the biggest debt in our history...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>That's funny, I thought I was on your "Ignore list"???....3 points here. 1st point......Strachan got us relegated not the board! He was backed financially. I'll turn the tables now.......2nd point.....This bunch of morons got us relegated to the lowest position in over 50 years with their lack of investment on the field. The lack of good players certainly does come at a price, eh Torchy! 3rd point....THESE OWNERS have brought the biggest ever debt to CCFC £70m...£120m(Which it will be the top figure when they build the "New Stadium" lmfao....AND we'll never own it either!

Users who are viewing this thread