Foreign Managers (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Seem to be taking over the Premier League. The top 7 clubs are all managed by foreign coaches. You have to go down to 8th to find Tony Pulis at West Brom. Of course, this goes along with the foreign ownership of most of these clubs. What does this mean for the future of the English game and the England team, and does it even matter? Here's a fascinating article I just read about Mauricio Pocchettino:
Energía universal: how Pochettino has driven the Tottenham revolution | David Hytner

1. Chelsea - Antonio Conte - Italian
2. Tottenham - Mauricio Pochettino - Argentinian
3. Liverpool - Jurgen Klopp - German
4. Man City - Pep Guardiola - Spanish
5. Man Utd - Jose Mourinho - Potuguese
6. Arsenal - Arsene Wenger - French
7. Everton - Ronald Koeman - Dutch

CJ_covblaze

It's even worse than that. Pulis isn't English either! Have to go to 10th before you get to one.

ccfc92

It's even worse than that. Pulis isn't English either! Have to go to 10th before you get to one.

I've never known someone look so different with a cap on as apposed to off...

Pulis.jpg

west-brom-v-gateshead-tony-pulis-fa-cup_3247407.jpg

Gazolba

Not English, but I don't consider British people to be 'foreign'.

bringbackrattles

You have to go back to 1991-92 to Howard Wilkinson winning the top flight division with Leeds United for an English manager.

bringbackrattles

No English manager has won the Premier League.
I reckon Dyche of Burnley could win the title if he was manager of Chelsea or Spurs,but would either give him that job ?

CJ_covblaze

Not English, but I don't consider British people to be 'foreign'.

When it comes to football what difference does it make if they're French, German, Welsh or Scottish?

Gazolba

When it comes to football what difference does it make if they're French, German, Welsh or Scottish?
It makes a difference if people are going to insist that the England team must have an English manager and we have no-one experienced in managing a top team.

CJ_covblaze

It makes a difference if people are going to insist that the England team must have an English manager and we have no-one experienced in managing a top team.

I don't your point. If they're Scottish or Welsh they're not English are they? Might as well be French.

Gazolba

Users who are viewing this thread