Forest Green next season then (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter westcountry_skyblue
  • Start date
W

westcountry_skyblue

Another local one for us west country followers!!

W

westcountry_skyblue

It's going to be hard getting away tickets this season

Bristol sky blue

Be interesting to sample the 'all vegan' catering there (as well trying to find the ground itself, though I've done quite a few country walks in the beautiful Cotswolds countryside close by...)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Only 900 standing tickets and about 250 seats given

HighfieldRoader

I've been to Forest Green as a neutral. Got train to Gloucester then bus to Forest Green which stops outside ground. Beware, if you get off bus in Nailsworth town square it's a VERY steep hill up to ground on top of the hill!

pusbccfc

They took less than 3000 to Wembley.

Can imagine more club staff going to some of their away games next season.

D

Deleted member 4439

Going to be first in the online ticketing queue for this one!

Adge

They will probably beat us!:shamefullyembarrased:

Alkhen

I've been following FGR as a Stroud resident since the mid 90s.

Crazy how they have risen. Dale Vince is using the club to promote his green values and renewable energy company so it's not quite like a millionaires play thing as some portray them.

I often go up especially since I had kids and it's harder to justify the whole day to go watch Cov. Really nice little ground but can't wait for the move to their new stadium near Stroud in the next few years.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Where the hell is Forest Green anyway? I always imagined it to be sort of Surrey or Sussex way. I haven't a clue.

hotrod

I am not a supporter of either team, but this result is so wrong. Tranmere finished nine points ahead of FGR over a whole season yet in one match they lose everything they have worked for over 46 games.

Regards.

SkyblueBazza

I am not a supporter of either team, but this result is so wrong. Tranmere finished nine points ahead of FGR over a whole season yet in one match they lose everything they have worked for over 46 games.

Regards.
Hard to argue with that.
The league season has a start & end point. Whilst the play-off system is great to keep any excitement going virtually to the end for more clubs, the basic principle of getting more points over the season suddenly becomes unfairly confused imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Regards.

You're right, I don't think this has ever happened before and the rules were not the same for all teams at the start of the season....

Twat!

hotrod

You're right, I don't think this has ever happened before and the rules were not the same for all teams at the start of the season....

Twat!
In what way were the rules different, and what with the "Twat" comment?

Regards.

Alkhen

Bit harsh on @skybluenormski!

Dunno if it is the same for him but back in the 90s when I was a lad there was zero chance in my head that FGR would ever compete on an even level as the mighty Cov!

I have followed them as they are part of my community, they were semi pro up until fairly recently, the kind of team your postman would turn out for. They only got up anywhere near the Conference level around 1997 just about the same time Huckerby and Dublin were ripping it up in the Premiership for Cov.

Most exciting things to happen at FGR was two one nil defeats at Wembely in the FA trophy and a bunch of ancient Aston Villa players rocking up for an Indian summer in the Cotswolds (Nigel Spink and Tony Daily spring to mind)

The recent rise could never have been predicted, I mean I definitely tried on Championship Manager a few times!

Dale Vince only took over to save the club when they were on the brink. He owns green energy firm Ecotricity which in all honesty is really making Stroud tick at the moment. He can see that football is a good medium for getting coverage to spread his ethos and vision to a wider audience. there were some grumblings when he made some changes to the clubs match day menu but I honestly dont know anyone who isnt 100% on board now.

I support Coventry and nothing will replace that, its too ingrained in me, too many memories of Highfield road with my dad and brother but I will always cheer on my local side, just never envisaged they be in the same division.

If only Cov could have an owner that cares and has a plan for the club like dale Vince... just look at this beauty of a stadium they have planned!

zaha-hadid-architects-forest-green-rovers-eco-park-stadium-designboom-1800X.jpg
5646586.jpg
_90291943_mediaitem90291941.jpg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
That roof looks a bit wonky to me! I'd sack the architect!

Users who are viewing this thread