Former Swansea City player Captain Stephen Healey killed in Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

dutchman

CaptHealey_2231702b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ain-Stephen-Healey-killed-in-Afghanistan.html

Captain Stephen Healey, who survived a bomb explosion in Helmand province in 2010, was killed on Saturday while on patrol in the north of the Nahr-e Saraj district.

Captain Healey, 29, had been a semi-professional footballer and played for Swansea City in his native Wales before attending Swansea University to study sports science. He was commissioned into the 1st Battalion, The Royal Welsh (The Royal Welch Fusiliers) in 2008.

After signing up with the regiment, he was honoured with a Mention in Despatches for his actions in the face of enemy fire.

The Cardiff-born platoon commander was cited as showing outstanding leadership during an enemy attack while protecting a team clearing a road of bombs.

Captain Healey drew enemy fire three times to expose their location and allow troops to return fire.
I sincerely wish this was the last British serviceman to be killed in this war but I'm almost certain to be disappointed. (My Dutch-born dad was a lifelong medic in the British Army)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"I sincerely wish this was the last British serviceman to be killed in this war but I'm almost certain to be disappointed."

I'm afraid this just ain't gonna happen Dutch. Not for a long time yet! Don't know why they are still in that fly-blown scum-bag of a country for anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread