Forward (1 Viewer)

Dino

Does anyone know if were after any forwards? Really need a proven goal scorer and i will be happy after the other recent signings!

sky blue john

I don't expect much more in perm signings, other than maybe the trial players. Also remember we have the loan market to play with and AT tends to prefer attacking players in this market. possible loans won't happen until after pre-season.

SkyBlueScottie

Well previously he scored 25 in 41 at this level. the last time we had a forward with a comparable record was King in the Championship, different styles of player etc but McDonald should be good enough to get 20 goals at this level. To be fair last season was a car crash, no pre season to speak of, came in and played catch up, never really caught up but still showed a bit of decent awareness and showed he can get on the end of a cross, a fully fit McDonald is good enough for this level in my opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

L1 is tougher than L2 though: he didn't score 25 in 41 at L1 level! But I think he'll be good for 15+ goals this season. If ROD can get 9 in 15 in this league..

woody11462

Sure McDonald rattled the woodwork quite a bit last season so it shows he was getting on the end of chances. Maybe with a good pre season and less quality innthe defence he is facing we will see his scoring ability.

oakey

Only Cody, with ROD as back up... Not good enough. We need another goalscorer... No. 1 priority, or get used to a season of hard luck stories... We're creating chances, we just need to be more clinical, blah, blah, blah

ccfc1973

we really need another forward , cody seems a bit injury prone , odonovan simply isnt good enough and elliott isnt prolific we need a big striker to give us a bit of presence up front

sky blue john

Oakey why don't you start panicking about the obvious !
I'm sure Thorn will have already identified potential loanes for this but nothing will happen until their respective managers have done their pre season and know who is surplus to requirements, or needs to go out on loan for experiance

oakey

No panic from me. Seen it over 40 seasons now. AT must bring in another goalscorer, whether a free, a fee or on loan, not bothered ... as long as it happens.

grego_gee

Oakey why don't you start panicking about the obvious !
I'm sure Thorn will have already identified potential loanes for this but nothing will happen until their respective managers have done their pre season and know who is surplus to requirements, or needs to go out on loan for experiance

This is where the crunch is!
Goalscorers are the most expensive comodity in football.
We can't plan to stage a serious challenge with a fallout striker from the loan market!

:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread