Four EFL clubs 'at risk of failure' according to study, is one CCFC? (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
do we? Possibly but it depends on the criteria

This is the criteria used by the study
How were the results found?
The report used a number of legal financial data as markers of financial stability, breaking down those problems into "significant" and "critical" categories, a combination of which were used to decide whether a club was in "financial distress" or not.

Significant include those with County Court Judgments (CCJs), an order to pay a creditor, of less than £5,000 filed against them and a "sustained or marked deterioration" in indicators such as measuring working capital, contingent liabilities, retained profits and net worth.

Critical problems were those with CCJs totalling over £5,000 within a three-month period or winding-up petitions against them or which have entered Corporate Voluntary Arrangements

On that basis we have significant not critical problems

from what we all know we would classify as critical I am sure but does the study?

hutch1972

Pretty obvious that one is us , but I should point out that it is 9 clubs fewer than a few years back. Next year it might be none at all or it might be 15 , it just shows the huge difference financially, between the top 2 leagues and the bottom 2.

skybluetony176

do we? Possibly but it depends on the criteria

This is the criteria used by the study
How were the results found?
The report used a number of legal financial data as markers of financial stability, breaking down those problems into "significant" and "critical" categories, a combination of which were used to decide whether a club was in "financial distress" or not.

Significant include those with County Court Judgments (CCJs), an order to pay a creditor, of less than £5,000 filed against them and a "sustained or marked deterioration" in indicators such as measuring working capital, contingent liabilities, retained profits and net worth.

Critical problems were those with CCJs totalling over £5,000 within a three-month period or winding-up petitions against them or which have entered Corporate Voluntary Arrangements

On that basis we have significant not critical problems

from what we all know we would classify as critical I am sure but does the study?

Boooo!

Flying Fokker

I doubt it. Accounts showed a profit last year. Our club is being milked by the owners. TF boasts how the business is lean....However, next season there will be fewer season ticket holders.

rob9872

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What about Bury? Chesterfield have had problems with CCJ's also or Morecambe unable to pay staff

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I would have thought it would be trickier to find four that are not at risk in the football league

scottccfc

I cant see us being one of them, I know things are bad but my understanding they aren't that bad when it comes to the finances running the club, isn't most of our debt "sisu" debt and not owed to hmrc and the like

better days

What about Bury? Chesterfield have had problems with CCJ's also or Morecambe unable to pay staff
I reckon these are likely candidates along with Rochdale and Orient
The Sky Blues actually do pay their bills. Our problem is more to do with incompetence at the board level and the parent company making enemies

Alan Dugdales Moustache

..anyone name 4 clubs in a worse position than us ?

Grendel

its a buzzard

We.need to make the most of next season I Fear it will be our last.
Not sure it will be. If our main creditor, SISU, are happy to sit on the club as it continues to "self-finance", then I'm afraid this nightmare could go on for a very long time. The club will carry on falling through the leagues and shrinking as it goes. Bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread