Foxes close on Eriksson (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

sven-goran-eriksson-and-k-001.jpg
Mandaric looking for experience
Skysports.com understands that Sven Goran Eriksson has agreed a deal to take charge of Leicester.
The Foxes dismissed Paulo Sousa on Friday morning and chairman Milan Mandaric is now looking to name a successor by the end of the weekend.
It is thought that former England boss Eriksson was quickly identified as the club's first choice and is now close to being officially appointed.
The Swedish tactician is believed to have agreed a two-year contract with the Championship outfit, with the option of a further two years if he can win promotion to the Premier League.
The Swedish tactician could be in the stands on Saturday to watch as the Foxes take on S****horpe at the Walkers Stadium, with Mandaric making no secret of the fact that he wants an 'experienced' manager.
Mandaric said: "It's important we bring in an experienced manager and it's important we complete the process quickly.
"We have a short-list of three candidates, all experienced managers, and we have to move quickly after these unfortunate events.
"We must do it quickly to satisfy the needs of the team and the supporters' expectations, within the next 48 hours."

No O'Neill
Martin O'Neill had been linked with the role but there is no chance of him returning to management with Leicester, according to League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.
"I've spoken to Martin following a significant amount of rumours in the media this morning and Martin will not be returning at this stage to Leicester and he's not in communication with the club," said Bevan.
"I don't see Martin going to Leicester City at this stage."
Bevan has hit out at Mandaric for sacking Sousa, saying Leicester should 'examine their manager recruitment strategy'.

I firstly love the picture accompanying the article!

But, on a more serious note: really?! I can't see SGE moving for anything less than a million a year and I can't honestly see Leicester paying that much!

I would laugh a lot though if a certain Welshman was put in charge...

BenInTurin

Facebook User
BBC live feed today:

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher at the Walkers Stadium: "Fans clap Sven as he arrives at Leicester. He waves at them. It really is all smiles. A 2-year deal to be signed soon, apparently."

covladzak

They can have him..... Ask Notts County.....And Mexico.........He must have a thing for his sister or............. His Dad's His Mum And His Mum's His Dad.........:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread