Frank Bruno (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Im actually watching the Bruno tyson documentary right now, Bruno was definitely a decent boxer and hit hard, don't think he ever lost to anybody outside the world top 5.

Tyson was genuinely special when Kevin Rooney was his trainer... When that relationship ended, Tyson's career started to deteriate.
Could have been the greatest ever for me, but wasn't mentally there enough, and lost the 2 things that kept him on the straight and narrow in damato and Rooney

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im actually watching the Bruno tyson documentary right now, Bruno was definitely a decent boxer and hit hard, don't think he ever lost to anybody outside the world top 5.

Tyson was genuinely special when Kevin Rooney was his trainer... When that relationship ended, Tyson's career started to deteriate.
Could have been the greatest ever for me, but wasn't mentally there enough, and lost the 2 things that kept him on the straight and narrow in damato and Rooney
I’ve just stared mike Tyson’s autobiography, it’s an incredible read . What’s the documentary like

Evo1883

I’ve just stared mike Tyson’s autobiography, it’s an incredible read . What’s the documentary like

Great boxer, mismanaged and damaged.
Shame how his career went, never lost under Rooney and that Don King relationship was toxic and one way

Had the ability just didn't have the head

IL let you know about the documentary I'm 20 mins in

Evo1883

Bruno was genuinely loved by the people, and massively patriotic too..
But with tyson it was as the said here, hard work v ability... He had him at one point, he just didn't have the ability to finish the fight... A real what could have been moment tbh

LastGarrison

And that is the thing. Could, may, probably etc. can all be said but he can never be classed as anywhere near the greatest of all time. Because he didn’t.

Remember staying up and listening to Tyson/Bruno on the radio. His pantomime character in a way now clouds peoples judgement of what a good boxer Bruno was but just froze and didn’t have that killer instinct when he rocked Tyson.

Also, I challenge anyone to watch the Bruno/McCall fight and not have he hairs on the back of their neck stand on end when the result is announced.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I watched this in a pub in Ireland ,

The laser show for the walkout is brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread