Fresh Bid Being Prepared Apparently (1 Viewer)

RocketSkates

giphy.gif

torchomatic

FairPlay to the Hoff he is trying to do it in private.
Unfortunately when the bid comes the rejection will be from Les withall the details about why it is derisory

Bingo.

torchomatic

I know for a fact and I'm not going to delvulge how I know but Joy Sepalla was in Coventry this week

And in the CT next week. "Was Joy S in Coventry Last Week?" the headline will scream, whilst the "story" will say it's not true.

Nick

Administrator
Simon Gilbert cruising the Coventry forums then fires a warning about copying content.

The fucking irony.

Could be doing constructive things like clearing up all of the misunderstanding on his own website. Says a lot for the reporting that the comments section below the articles is so full of mistruths and misunderstanding. At least BenjaminBuck is about though to give some well needed input.

Or could just absolutely hammer social media misleading city fans by saying "Big news this afternoon" about an article that says nothing we didn't already know.

olderskyblue

Do you not have anything worth more time and effort in your life to concentrate on rather than your hayred of the cet and simon gilbert?

Well, his hatred of the council takes the rest of his time up.... :emoji_smile:

duffer

Don't even know where to start here.

The hypocrisy of threatening to charge this site for publishing content when the CET quite openly lifts directly from here without credit is breathtaking.

I work for a company that develops websites, and I've got to say that from a professional point of view I think the CET one is absolutely shocking. The UX is dreadful, and when you do manage to get to the content it's often repetitive and poorly proofed.

Beyond this, the comments section generally appears unmoderated, in effect publishing personal insults and racism directly below the CET brand.

Now I've got every respect for journalists, because I know it's a tough job. I'd always encourage people to link back to stories because it's only fair.

However when the site is so shabbily constructed that stories are only readable with ad blockers, and when many of those reports are in themselves derivative, then it's no surprise that people look for short cuts.

If the CET wants proper respect, then maybe it should treat its customers similarly and try bringing its own offering up to a reasonable standard in terms of content and presentation.

And, for what it's worth, I'm also old enough to remember a time when the journalist wasn't the story...

torchomatic

I think the CT comments are moderated as I never get anything on there. Even a "PUSB" get put in a moderating queue.

Never sworn or anything like that either. Shocked at the libellous stuff they allow through.

clint van damme

I'd be wary of doing that.

Our syndication department monitors duplication of content on other websites and does invoice for use.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

A day in the life of the CET syndication department:

I've found a stolen article on SBT, (checks dates), sorry, we stole it off them.

I've found a stolen article on SBT, (checks dates), sorry, we stole it off them.

Repeat for 8 hours.

Captain Dart

SkyblueBazza

It's the actions. The chant is quite good, the actions... well...
Maybe they are more interested in enjoying the moment in a light hearted way...helping create a more friendly atmosphere, than looking/sounding intimidating or 'hard'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mark82

Hey it's your website.
Let people post whatever they like. I'm not the one who'll be footing the bill.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nick does make a fair point. The amount of content you generate from what has been said on here then you come on making threats based on an off the cuff comment made by someone when they have posted a link. You could be using this site to try to build bridges with your potential readership. I know it's difficult for you to generate content when you've had your access to the club blocked but threatening potential customers is not the way to keep people engaged - particularly when you get an awful lot of content for your articles for free from this site.

Monkeyface

Another thread veering off topic due to the deep seated hatred of another Coventry citizen. Is there any possibility of someone starting a topic and it keeping to the point, and not depending into the same 5-10 people trying to cyber-bully each other or someone else?

letsallsingtogether

Tim Fisher threatened FJHW with copywrite funny though as it was a Picture of Joy taken from the CT.
So now we will use our own pictures that we have obtained.

As for the take over I hope it all works out and the sooner the better so I can renew my season ticket.

I know people are saying that if we get a shit team it is because we haven't brought season tickets, but I have invested in one every season for over 20 years (ex sixfields) and haven't seen my money spent well for the last few seasons so enough is enough.

I don't have a lot but I am willing to put my money into the pot to get rid of these worms.

mark82

Another thread veering off topic due to the deep seated hatred of another Coventry citizen. Is there any possibility of someone starting a topic and it keeping to the point, and not depending into the same 5-10 people trying to cyber-bully each other or someone else?

To be fair, it was the journalist who wrote the article that took it off topic. Nothing to discuss regarding the article anyway, no news in there.

mark82

Tim Fisher threatened FJHW with copywrite funny though as it was a Picture of Joy taken from the CT.
So now we will use our own pictures that we have obtained.

Was that the witches hat one? Was their complaint a copyright issue or were they complaining of defamation of character? To be fair, could see their point in the second but not the first. Why is it that everyone in Coventry wants to threaten their own customers with legal action at the drop of a hat. CCFC, Simon & Les all had a go at this. How to win friends and influence people.

hill83

iRjB2mfESqgec.gif

shmmeee

Was that the witches hat one? Was their complaint a copyright issue or were they complaining of defamation of character? To be fair, could see their point in the second but not the first. Why is it that everyone in Coventry wants to threaten their own customers with legal action at the drop of a hat. CCFC, Simon & Les all had a go at this. How to win friends and influence people.

The wouldn't have a leg to stand on for defamation of character considering everyone thinks she's a c-unit (stay in school kids) already.

Users who are viewing this thread