Freshen up for Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

I think with Millwall coming up we need to select and experienced/tougher team than the nice xi we normally select. As Juke is knackered I would rest him and put on bench. I think Platt could be a useful replacement for him at the New Den. Does anyone have any idea if Wood/Crainie will be available for selection Tuesday? If they are this is how I would line up.

Murphy
Keogh RB
Wood CB
McPake CB
Crainie LB
Clingan DCM
Deegan RM
Bell LM
McSheffrey ACM
Platt CF
McDonald CF

Subs: Dunn, Christie, Thomas, Juke, Baker

Even thinking it micht be worth having two lumps up front and playing Juke and Platt up top together this has normally worked well in the past.

Overall an away point to Doncaster is not a bad result, it is just that other results did not go our way. Already you can tell our home form is going to be crucial so any points picked up on the road have to be welcomed. The form Millwall are in I would be delighted if we earn a 1-1 draw on the road Tuesday night.......sadly I am not confident.

PUSB

johnwillomagic

Cheers The Parsons nose it is a tricky one, I did not make game yesterday but a few comments indicated that Juke looked absolutely knackered. Not surprising given the weight on his shoulders this season.

I have always quite liked the Juke/Platt partnership personally but McDonald seems to be improving given feedback?

I will be there on Tuesday anyhow hoping for a good performance,,,,or even a bad performance and a point! :D

Sbarcher

Blow me - a tired footballer. FFS these guys are pro footballers. It's their job to run and chase a football. Is the game now so much faster (for other teams maybe, certainly not City) that players have to be "rested"?
By about Thursday, I'm usually feeling a bit knackered, maybe I can ask the boss to "rest" me for Friday - after all, if he does I'll be ready and raring to go come Monday......

Knackered - my arse!!!!

Yorkshire SB

Wood is definite pick for me. They have that lump Henderson up front, who somehow seems to be scoring at the moment. We need Wood for the physical battle he will bring.
Also not sure it's a case of being tired, but you need to be fresh and mentally ready. If a player is rested it could bring renewed vigour and focus in his returning game. I think it's why managers have been doing it for years...

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that every manager in the league would laugh in the face of that "knackered, my arse!" post :facepalm:

covcity4life

a draw on tuesday would be an AMAZING result imo

were gonna need murphy to keep up his recent good form,thats for sure

I was at Donny and Juke did have an off day. I wouldn't say he looked particularly knackered, just didn't get the rub of the green or make as much of a nuisance of himself as he usually does. Not a performance warranting only a place on the bench for Tuesday. I'd also say Cameron had a good game on Satuday. I'm not generally a huge fan, but he looked steady in defence and would be justly disappointed to lose his place. Also, I remember Gary Speed played every game of a Premiership season at 36 years old. He said that the idea of getting tired was a bit of a misnomer in lots of ways... if you looked after yourself and had a bit of luck with staying injury free, tiredness shouldn't come into a 40 or 50 game season, in his veteran opinion.

stupot07

I was at Donny and Juke did have an off day. I wouldn't say he looked particularly knackered, just didn't get the rub of the green or make as much of a nuisance of himself as he usually does. Not a performance warranting only a place on the bench for Tuesday. I'd also say Cameron had a good game on Satuday. I'm not generally a huge fan, but he looked steady in defence and would be justly disappointed to lose his place. Also, I remember Gary Speed played every game of a Premiership season at 36 years old. He said that the idea of getting tired was a bit of a misnomer in lots of ways... if you looked after yourself and had a bit of luck with staying injury free, tiredness shouldn't come into a 40 or 50 game season, in his veteran opinion.[/QUOTE]

To be fair - apart from those in the Champion's League, who have big squads, the premier league teams don't tend to play Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues week in week out like we do. Also add that the younger players won't be physically fully developed until their 21-23 so it's as much about the physiology of your body as is it is about being "fit" and looking after yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread