From this morning's Press (ley) conference..... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Frank Nouble and Reda joined training yesterday but the weekend will come too soon. We can't throw them in and have them out for a further five weeks. That would be incredibly detrimental."
So they're not back yet? I see another loss coming our way. :(

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Interesting.....

Pressley: "Allsop and Lee Burge are both talented young goalkeepers and we need to address things that are not working for us. We have been conceding far too many goals. It's something I will think about over the next 24 hours."

Will we be seeing a change of keeper when "going back to basics"?

rupert_bear

I don't think you should play injured players or players who say they are still not right but I do wonder if this was a cup-tie at Old Trafford or Anfield suddenly both players would say they feel much better .

stupot07

What is a 'slight' operation? It's either an operation or not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

What is a 'slight' operation? It's either an operation or not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Slight? See, I told you we lack physicality. Even our operations are a bit wimpy.

Sick Boy

Interesting.....

Pressley: "Allsop and Lee Burge are both talented young goalkeepers and we need to address things that are not working for us. We have been conceding far too many goals. It's something I will think about over the next 24 hours."

Hopefully a new defence.

italiahorse

We need some muscle in this side.
All teams now know that a percentage ball over the midfield has a good % return with this defence.

Same the other way, no midfield to push forward so it's a hoof to our small forwards.

I though Barton had a good game on Tuesday holding midfield, good % of successful first time passes but no one else could do anything with it.

Otis

We need some muscle in this side.
All teams now know that a percentage ball over the midfield has a good % return with this defence.

Same the other way, no midfield to push forward so it's a hoof to our small forwards.

I though Barton had a good game on Tuesday holding midfield, good % of successful first time passes but no one else could do anything with it.
There have been a number of long balls over the top from opposition teams for a few weeks now. It appears managers have found our achilles heel and know we lack pace and that they can outmuscle us too.

Been 4 or 5 goals at least that have come from long high balls sent in to the edge of our box.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

If they were both in wheelchairs they would be better than what we have at the minute

Interesting.....

Nah - we will play with 2 keepers

The Reverend Skyblue

To me even Pressley is finding it hard justifying the system he plays.

he must realise very soon that
we are not as good as Barcelona or have Barcelona type players,
we don't have players with more natural talent than present Premier players, (this has to be the most astonishing claim a league 1 manager has ever quoted)
the players are simply not good enough or intelligent enough to play this bloody system.

And we desperately need a commanding experienced goalie or we are truly fecked

SkyBlue_Bear83

To me even Pressley is finding it hard justifying the system he plays.

he must realise very soon that
we are not as good as Barcelona or have Barcelona type players,
we don't have players with more natural talent than present Premier players, (this has to be the most astonishing claim a league 1 manager has ever quoted)
the players are simply not good enough or intelligent enough to play this bloody system.

And we desperately need a commanding experienced goalie or we are truly fecked

I don't think Pressley really understands the system either.

stupot07

Hopefully Johnson is as well or we're screwed.

At least we can use the "they're not fully fit yet" excuse for 2-3 games before we have to admit we're just crap

Users who are viewing this thread