Fulham Owner trying to buy Wembley? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is he wanting to buy it for fulham or just buy it so he owns it and can make money?

Otis

Yeah, agree.

The national stadium should be the national stadium and this will just further diminish the 'playing at Wembley' factor.

Be a big shame if it happens.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I couldn't really give a monkeys toss who owns wembley, but it would be a massive shame to lose Craven Cottage....a charming old ground....

however given its location, it was only ever a matter of time.

Otis

I couldn't really give a monkeys toss who owns wembley, but it would be a massive shame to lose Craven Cottage....a charming old ground....

however given its location, it was only ever a matter of time.
Does that mean Wasps can move back to London?

CCFC88

The FA cheapened the Wembley effect when they started playing FA Cup semi's there.

If he buys it for 800m it will be the steal of the century

ajsccfc

Fulham aren't going to be affected by it, he's put out a statement to them saying it's independent of his ownership. Statement to the Jags suggest they won't relocate either, but it cements their spot as one of the teams who gets a London game as it gets more popular.

M&B Stand

So he wants it for an NFL franchise. I always thought it was built for American Football and concerts, 19k corporate area splitting the stadium, the first 15 rows behind goal are temporary.
A place designed for Japanese day trippers and face painted selfie takers.

Eventually the cup final will be played somewhere else.

vow

Don't really care for Wembley, we've been there done that!
I do like the idea of switching Internationals to other stadiums, like they did when building the New Wembley.

CJ_covblaze

Don't really care for Wembley, we've been there done that!
I do like the idea of switching Internationals to other stadiums, like they did when building the New Wembley.

Big advocate for this. The more played away from there the better. I’ve grown to dislike the place. Most England regulars feel the same.

chiefdave

Statement to the Jags suggest they won't relocate either, but it cements their spot as one of the teams who gets a London game as it gets more popular.
If I was a Jags fan I wouldn't believe that for a second. They've played a game in London every year since 2013, they've got over 50K members of their UK supporter group and if you go on the NFL site as a UK fan it pushes you to the Jags.

Grendel

National stadium is bollocks. It should be sold it’s just sentiment above logic.

Otis

So where will cup semi-finals and finals be held?

Suppose this will be the end of our taking 43,000 to any final.

And thirdly, how on earth are Fulham going to even a third fill it?

CJ_covblaze

So where will cup semi-finals and finals be held?

Suppose this will be the end of our taking 43,000 to any final.

And thirdly, how on earth are Fulham going to even a third fill it?

There’s no guarantee they will be playing there is there? They might end up playing most of their games at the Cottage and then derbies and other big games at Wembley. I’m not sure if they’d be allowed to do it here but teams in other countries do it.

fernandopartridge

The FA cheapened the Wembley effect when they started playing FA Cup semi's there.

If he buys it for 800m it will be the steal of the century
The steal being yet another hugely expensive stadium given away in London despite having been mostly paid for by the taxpayer

Otis

There’s no guarantee they will be playing there is there? They might end up playing most of their games at the Cottage and then derbies and other big games at Wembley. I’m not sure if they’d be allowed to do it here but teams in other countries do it.
So we are saying it will sit empty for the majority of the year?

SkyblueBazza

Yeah, agree.

The national stadium should be the national stadium and this will just further diminish the 'playing at Wembley' factor.

Be a big shame if it happens.
Personally, I think allowing FA Cup semi-finals there was the first nail in the coffin of diminishing Wembley as a special place. The last being allowing Spurs their home games there...Wimbledon, Rochdale & Newport all got a diminished special day out at Wembley by being drawn out of a hat!

Sod it - sell the place. If it is, as is obvious, that it is all about money then they might as well take it & run!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Otis

Think maybe some of here have misunderstood.

Just read and according to Khan, he says England will continue to play their games at Wembley.

chiefdave

I would have thought any deal would include the FA having use for the Cup Final and other events. You could see smaller England games moved around the country, which would be a good thing IMO. Would other games get moved? Semi finals back to a non-Wembley neutral venue would be no problem but what if we had played the CheckATrade final at somewhere like the Emirates - would it have the same attraction?

If an NFL team is there that's at least 10 extra event days plus you'd imagine any non-football events would be unaffected.

Grendel

Think maybe some of here have misunderstood.

Just read and according to Khan, he says England will continue to play their games at Wembley.

It would be better if they didn’t

Terry Gibson's perm

As long as the money is distributed fairly around the country and isn’t wasted in giving people in the fa more money

Reactions: vow

CJ_covblaze

It’ll probably get used as much as it does now.

Users who are viewing this thread