Fury v Wilder3 (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Is Wilder likely to retire after this defeat?

Tommo1993

Still think he went in thinking of Usyk as a cruiserweight and he'd just have to connect at some stage. Joshua needs to add a bit more nasty in the ring.

Had the same convo with my Mrs while watching it. Know when to box, know when to scrap.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fury was great, totally outclassed Wilder! But, Wilder showed some guts and heart to stay in the fight, even rattling Fury a bit at the end of the 10th.

Very glad I set an alarm to wake up for this, an all time classic.

clint van damme

People don't tend to talk about what a tremendous engine Fury has for a man of his size. All these heavyweights that concentrate on adding muscle just tire themselves out throwing early bombs. Usyk put on weight to fight AJ - Wilder added muscle to fight Fury.
All the punch stats show how Fury was massively better at connecting compared to Wilder just throwing - Wilder's jab disappeared after round 2

He's got a lot of assets you don't expect from a man of his size, especially his mobility and upper body movement.
Ironically he probably lacks a bit of power for someone that big though Wilder might disagree.

I'd still rather get in ring with Tyson Fury than his old man!

tisza

Rewatched it this afternoon Wilder did well to survive until the 11th. Still a sensational fight in any weight category.

CCFCSteve

He's got a lot of assets you don't expect from a man of his size, especially his mobility and upper body movement.
Ironically he probably lacks a bit of power for someone that big though Wilder might disagree.

I'd still rather get in ring with Tyson Fury than his old man!

I agree Clint. He was consistently catching Wilder clean (who looked done from rounds 3-4) and didn’t take him out until very late. That’s not to say he doesn’t have power, he does, but not as much as others at the division. It’s also because he’s more of a boxer so he’s not looking to load up a lot of the time....unlike Wilder who throws his right from the back of the stadium ! AJs got the power but not close on boxing ability/ringcraft. Still a fight I’d love to see

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree Clint. He was consistently catching Wilder clean (who looked done from rounds 3-4) and didn’t take him out until very late. That’s not to say he doesn’t have power, he does, but not as much as others at the division. It’s also because he’s more of a boxer so he’s not looking to load up a lot of the time....unlike Wilder who throws his right from the back of the stadium ! AJs got the power but not close on boxing ability/ringcraft. Still a fight I’d love to see

With Fury, he’s clearly got the knockout power, but he’s a lot more of a technician than his peers and is happy to pick someone apart for 12 rounds.

Something I’ve picked up from Fury’s own words is that his newer trainers have actually pushed him finish bouts too.

It’sabatch87

There will be no 4th fight, Fury will beat him again I mean shall we keep going say best of 20? Fury would still have 19 wins and one draw.
I don’t feel there’s anyone out there atm who’d live with him.

cc84cov

There will be no 4th fight, Fury will beat him again I mean shall we keep going say best of 20? Fury would still have 19 wins and one draw.
I don’t feel there’s anyone out there atm who’d live with him.
Whyte Fury next ordered by the WBC,Usyk AJ tied up with rematch

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Usyk would be interesting, a smart boxer with strong power, probably would need to stay light and try to wear out Fury but Fury wouldn't be gun shy like AJ was. Wilder should have lost 7lb rather than put it on, wasn't enough to protect him and didn't gain punching power, a quicker version avoiding Fury but with the power may have been a better option. Great fight though.

cc84cov

Usyk would be interesting, a smart boxer with strong power, probably would need to stay light and try to wear out Fury but Fury wouldn't be gun shy like AJ was. Wilder should have lost 7lb rather than put it on, wasn't enough to protect him and didn't gain punching power, a quicker version avoiding Fury but with the power may have been a better option. Great fight though.
Fury too big and will lean and bully him

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Sounds like it was a brilliant fight, Fury must have some chin if he took a couple of knockdowns from Wilder and still got up to dominate him from the 4th onward! It also sounds like Wilder was much better than I thought he'd be, or certainly tougher anyway. Need to watch it at some point. Hopefully he's back in the UK next to fight Whyte before we see him vs Usyk/Joshua next year....this is boxing though so we'll probably see him beat up garbage like Eric Molina next

Frostie

Sounds like it was a brilliant fight, Fury must have some chin if he took a couple of knockdowns from Wilder and still got up to dominate him from the 4th onward! It also sounds like Wilder was much better than I thought he'd be, or certainly tougher anyway. Need to watch it at some point. Hopefully he's back in the UK next to fight Whyte before we see him vs Usyk/Joshua next year....this is boxing though so we'll probably see him beat up garbage like Eric Molina next

Mandatory defence vs Whyte now.

Got to agree with John Fury though, such a step down it's difficult to see Tyson being motivated for that.

LastGarrison

Got to agree with John Fury though, such a step down it's difficult to see Tyson being motivated for that.
And a lose lose fight really.

If he wins everyone expected him to and Whyte can be a good fighter on his day and can dig so is definitely a live opponent so if Fury isn’t 100% up for it then there could be a chance of an upset.

Wonder if they could pay him to step aside and then fight Usyk and then Joshua and retire undefeated heavyweight champion of the world!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Next bout against Whyte at a stadium April/May time then Winner of the Usky Joshua rematch at the Tottenham stadium mid December

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Whyte or Wallin if that goes ahead i think? Either way it is a 'step down' for sure and Tyson's quite erratic when it comes to mental state and motivation I think. He's said some pretty worrying things about how he sees life after boxing going for him.

Evo1883

Irritating whyte is tbh , in the way of the fights we all want to see

Has almost zero chance of winning too

CCFCSteve

To be fair Whytes been WBC mandatory for years. Wilder was allowed to swerve him to fight old man Ortiz (again) and then Breazeale, which was out of order and shouldn’t have been allowed. Appreciate he’s probably not in Fury’s league but he deserves a world title shot as much/more so than most in top 10. Unfortunately that’s the problem with all the licensing bodies and their mandatories...as you say, they get on the way of the big fights everyone wants to see ! Then again there’s no way AJ would’ve fought Usyk without him being mandatory so they can throw up some interesting fights/results as well

TomRad85

Whyte deserves a pop (if he beats Wallin) and Fury should probably fight someone rather than twiddling his thumbs waiting for Usyk to dismantle Joshua again.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COV

Usyk & Fury the two with the highest 'Boxing IQ' in the division, if anyone could come up with a gameplan to face Fury it would be Usyk- but I'm not sure what gameplan could negate such a huge gap in bodyweight & size, Fury would just bully the life out of him & wear him down. Usyk would have to get him out of there fast or he'd go the same was as Wilder.. but he'd have a chance & I'd say Fury v Usyk is the pick of the fights now, that could be great.

Also goes to show how stupid AJ was & how far behind Fury he is- he had the size to do to Usyk what Fury did to Wilder, but for whatever reason chose not to.

Frostie

To be fair Whytes been WBC mandatory for years. Wilder was allowed to swerve him to fight old man Ortiz (again) and then Breazeale, which was out of order and shouldn’t have been allowed. Appreciate he’s probably not in Fury’s league but he deserves a world title shot as much/more so than most in top 10. Unfortunately that’s the problem with all the licensing bodies and their mandatories...as you say, they get on the way of the big fights everyone wants to see ! Then again there’s no way AJ would’ve fought Usyk without him being mandatory so they can throw up some interesting fights/results as well

Whyte lost all entitlement to a mandatory when he got beat by Povetkin imo. I know he avenged the loss but he's nowhere near world title level.

CCFCSteve

Whyte lost all entitlement to a mandatory when he got beat by Povetkin imo. I know he avenged the loss but he's nowhere near world title level.

I think that’s a bit harsh Frostie. That can happen in HW. He was winning comfortably before a great shot by Povetkin and the rematch was no problem.

Im not saying he’s up there with Fury, Wilder, Usyk and Joshua but he’s not had a title shot.

Just had a quick look and this is who Wilder fought as WBC Champion before being beaten by Fury - Molina, Duhaupas (never even heard of him !!!), Szpilka, Arreola, Washington, Stiverne, Ortiz x2 and Breazeale.

Whyte deserves a shot unless there’s a unification opportunity available.

COV

I think that’s a bit harsh Frostie. That can happen in HW. He was winning comfortably before a great shot by Povetkin and the rematch was no problem.

Im not saying he’s up there with Fury, Wilder, Usyk and Joshua but he’s not had a title shot.

Just had a quick look and this is who Wilder fought as WBC Champion before being beaten by Fury - Molina, Duhaupas (never even heard of him !!!), Szpilka, Arreola, Washington, Stiverne, Ortiz x2 and Breazeale.

Not sure who’s left for Fury now- in money terms it’s AJ, the only one I see being able to genuinely test him is Usyk, I like Whyte and have no issue in him getting a shot but I don’t see him giving Fury any trouble.

Good to see a few British heavyweights at the top of the list nowadays though.

Frostie

Fair

Users who are viewing this thread