Game management (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Don't we try to learn any?

Constantly giving them the ball back.
No idea what to do.
Wrong subs

pusbccfc

Always been the way with Robins, let's be honest.

We used to sit out games against farmers in League 2 to get a draw.

SBT

Always been the way with Robins, let's be honest.
Not really - we generally managed games very well last season while playing on the counter, and we had a whole host of comeback wins in the season before that.

The lack of grit in the midfield and up front seems to be hurting us this year imo.

tomreagan84

Nick,

Nick,

Is PVA a moderator on here?

I only ask because a whole “bed wetting”thread seems to have disappeared.

I thought I expressed myself quite well.

Can’t be arsed to do it again
I’ll try and go again, much like Cov:

“Realistically we’re in for a dull, frustrating season; we’ll finish mid-table.

We’ve spent the gyokeres money and all hoped for better, but we’re not there yet.

We need a whole new midfield. The Hamer funds need to be spent correctly.

Robins has previously worked miracles, I’ve got faith in him.

PUSB”

It was something like that.

ccfc1234

What drivel.

He fucked up tonight, not for the first time this season, butwhy do you have to try and disparage his whole time here?
As he is a very reactive manager and rarely makes positive changes to make opposition managers think.
My girlfriend who is no scholar of the game but has attended for the last two seasons joked, while we were under pressure for long spells in the second half, he won't change it it's not 65 mins yet. That reputation for mechanical, methodical in game management is well earned.

fernandopartridge

As he is a very reactive manager and rarely makes positive changes to make opposition managers think.
My girlfriend who is no scholar of the game but has attended for the last two seasons joked, while we were under pressure for long spells in the second half, he won't change it it's not 65 mins yet. That reputation for mechanical, methodical in game management is well earned.

He made changes at Leicester proactively and we lost

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SBT

rob9872

The title here is perfect.

Robins has worked wonders, but his subs are rarely effective. What I don't understand is why he never tactically changes before the opposition do, when he makes a change its usually like for like, midfielder for midfielder, striker for striker.

There was a spell in the middle of the 2nd half tonight we were being over run in the middle of the park and the obvious change seemed to be bring a forward off and put an extra man on but he never does. Tbh I'd have gone a step further and put Eccles to RB, Allen alongside Kelly and then had Ayari and Sakamoto behind Simms when we were winning.

I came out of there tonight more frustrated than I have in ages, how Wright missed that I'd like to see again, also us holding it up in the corner like a cup game with 5 minutes plus injury to go. I'm astonished to learn Kelly was motm too, everything he touches is not only negative but the whole game seems so pedestrian when it goes through him.

Why was Lati not playing, is he carrying a knock? I thought he was pick of the defenders v Cardiff and £4m Kitchens yet to start too is odd when we're leaking every game.

ccfc1234

He made changes at Leicester proactively and we lost

You might want to check the match report. Leciester who were losing the game made the first sub in an effort to effect the game. We then subbed 4 players like for like with the first being on 71 minutes.

NorthernWisdom

I thought the substitutions were sensible myself! Allen did well, changed the dynamic. As we were being pushed back then Wright's pace would be a threat with the ball into channels or over the top. Personally I'd have brought godden off ahead of Simms, but Simms did seem to fade second half so understandable.

I'd have actually brought the wingbacks off sooner. Sakamoto was out on his feet, and DaSilva was close to a sending off.

fernandopartridge

You might want to check the match report. Leciester who were losing the game made the first sub in an effort to effect the game. We then subbed 4 players like for like with the first being on 71 minutes.
We made the subs while we were one up and on top

ccfc1234

We made the subs while we were one up and on top

If that's the way you saw it fair enough. I personally felt they were fitness based subs and were all like for like. Are you suggesting on 71 mins he brought on Kelly for Hamer to press home our advantage while we were 'on top'?

It's not just about the first game of the season, it's a pattern spanning seasons.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

If that's the way you saw it fair enough. I personally felt they were fitness based subs and were all like for like. Are you suggesting on 71 mins he brought on Kelly for Hamer to press home our advantage while we were 'on top'?

It's not just about the first game of the season, it's a pattern spanning seasons.
He brought in Haji Wright as well didn't he

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why was Lati not playing, is he carrying a knock? I thought he was pick of the defenders v Cardiff and £4m Kitchens yet to start too is odd when we're leaking every game.
He's played a lot of minutes, including internationals on the other side of the world, plus he's one booking from a suspension I think.

rob9872

Fair enough then, although as a defender we're only 7 games in before tonight and 2 internationals a couple of weeks back. As a professional athlete that's not the end of a 60 game season, I really hope fatigue wasnt the issue or we have bigger problems than I envisaged. If anything he should be getting to sharpness after that.

My view is we have 5 decent centre halves fit and ready to play. He seems not to trust them without Fadz and the others frequently change. Probably needs to get 3 and stick with it until he has to change, get them used to a system and eachother. Last season Fadz, Doyle, McNally picked itself.

Fwiw I'd drop Fadz not because he's been particularly poor but I'd go Kitchens, Lati and Binks.

Londonccfcfan

Don't we try to learn any?

Constantly giving them the ball back.
No idea what to do.
Wrong subs
Completely on Robin's. Again awfull substitutions sticking to 2 strikers and attacking midfielder is just plain awful. Doesnt fucking learn.

skybluecam

We managed that fine right until we explosively diarrhoead the bed at the last second.

I think everyone was just far too anxious for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread