Game of thrones series 6 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Wouldn't bother, Daz, it's just long lingering shots of hills and meadows with birdsong in the background.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well shit the bed that was friggin brilliant
The battle scene was an amazing piece of cinematography

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Brilliant episode.

However you couldn't miss the advert build up, shown on every Sky channel, showing a grand battle is going to happen.

But which way will it go? - No Spoilers here

Otis

Brilliant episode.

However you couldn't miss the advert build up, shown on every Sky channel, showing a grand battle is going to happen.

But which way will it go? - No Spoilers here
I didn't see any advert build up. Which channels?

I haven't been watching Sky One, but have been watching Sky Sports and some movie channels. Haven't seen a single ad for it.

Maybe I just missed them.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well only my opinion one of the best episodes of a Tv show ever
Right up with The sopranos Pine Barron's episode

Otis

Ooh no, not having that, Daz. :) Some Breaking Bad and some Walking Dead and some Fargo episodes are surely far greater.

I did think it was a very,very good episode, but not absolutely, mindblowingly brilliant.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

The advert as shown in the states, building up to tonight's episode (last night in the US). only the last part have been shown in the UK, the bits shown before the final part is a reminder as to what has happened over the last few years.
I didn't see any advert build up. Which channels?

I haven't been watching Sky One, but have been watching Sky Sports and some movie channels. Haven't seen a single ad for it.

Maybe I just missed them.

I have seen the ad at least 5 times.

I watch a lot of sky news, has been on quite regularly.

I also notice the advert on sky sports during the grand prix yesterday.

I think I noticed it when forwarding the ads in one of the programmes I recorded from Sky 1, such as Supergirl or Rovers - more likely Rovers as that's on after 9.

olderskyblue

I was disappointed, no Sam & Gilly in it at all... ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

The advert as shown in the states, building up to tonight's episode (last night in the US). only the last part have been shown in the UK, the bits shown before the final part is a reminder as to what has happened over the last few years.

I think I noticed it when forwarding the ads in one of the programmes I recorded from Sky 1, such as Supergirl or Rovers - more likely Rovers as that's on after 9.

I've been really disappointed in Rovers
Such a strong cast too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Ooh no, not having that, Daz. :) Some Breaking Bad and some Walking Dead and some Fargo episodes are surely far greater.

I did think it was a very,very good episode, but not absolutely, mindblowingly brilliant.
Fair dos Otis some great episodes in those shows you have mentioned
Just thought last nights episode was fantastic had everything you needed in a drama

Last edited:

Otis

Okay. Didn't watch the grand prix and don't watch Sky News. Did watch Rovers though, but may have fast forwarded through the ads.

Glad I missed it. I had no idea what was happening. :)

Ian1779

Have you seen the mock SSN statements they've put on Twitter about England players not playing as they want to watch GOT?

Otis

I've been really disappointed in Rovers
Such a strong cast too
Weird that. I didn't like the first episode much at all and thought it rather lame, but since then it has got better and better and I find I am laughing a lot more at it now.

Liking it a lot.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I just haventbeen able to get into it ,I enjoyed the first episode but thought it would be funnier
Weird that. I didn't like the first episode much at all and thought it rather lame, but since then it has got better and better and I find I am laughing a lot more at it now.

Liking it a lot.

Nick

Administrator
Quite liked the ending though

especially as my dogs (that are the same breed as Ramsey's) started growling at the TV speakers.

6E88BBF3-830F-41D2-A60C-6B5956443294_zpsgcirzmw4.jpg

I bet it took a few takes to stop his face from being licked!

Otis

Quite liked the ending though

especially as my dogs (that are the same breed as Ramsey's) started growling at the TV speakers.

6E88BBF3-830F-41D2-A60C-6B5956443294_zpsgcirzmw4.jpg

I bet it took a few takes to stop his face from being licked!
My puppy was barking like crazy at that bit.

Nick

Administrator
what happened to Jon Snow's Wolf?

Also, those crazy women who had the poison and the antidote?

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Advert Watch

I have been home since 3pm, it's now 5pm.
I have Sky news on in the background. So far this afternoon Game of Thrones Ad for next Monday has been on twice.

Mainly its a reminder it's the last episode or 'Season Finale'

Liquid Gold

Really good episode, did really enjoy it. I'm glad though that they keep these type of episodes to a minimum, they have such an intelligent plot and character development that it would be a waste to just do this all the time.

Si80

what happened to Jon Snow's Wolf?

Also, those crazy women who had the poison and the antidote?

Ghost is still alive at the moment, he was at Jon's side at Castle Black when he came back to life so can only presume he's going to show his face now they are back in Winterfell.
The Sand Snakes are setting themselves up to kill the Lannisters as vengeance for Oberon being killed by The Mountain. That story hasn't really moved on and is very different to the books.

Ian1779

My predictions for Ep 10.

Cersei blows shit up and kills Tommen and Margaery
We find out who Jon Snow's Mum and Dad are
Wall comes down.

Users who are viewing this thread