Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

Otis

Do you really think so? I thought Hardhome was better the week before.
Totally agree. Thought last week's was storming and last night's just good.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Yes. I cried with joy at the end, I've never done that before.

Hardhome was 45 mins of people making long speeches followed by 15 mins of a 'Lord of the Rings' type battle. Not saying it wasn't great just not as great as The Dance of Dragons.

I do see your point.. To be honest I think the reason I felt it wasn't as good was because the first half of the episode was ruined with the shitty Stannis arc that just made no sense.

I think I didnt enjoy the Daenarys scene as much as I should have the first time I saw it. Having watched it again in isolation it was far more impressive.

Otis

Yes. I cried with joy at the end, I've never done that before.

Hardhome was 45 mins of people making long speeches followed by 15 mins of a 'Lord of the Rings' type battle. Not saying it wasn't great just not as great as The Dance of Dragons.

The only emotional scene for me was that of Stannis' daughter's sacrifice. The rest did nothing for me and indeed, failed to engage me much at all.

Ian1779

some changes from the book have been done well at times, for example at the Red Wedding, Talisa wasn't there in the books, but to have her there in the TV show lent to the idea of the total annihilation of the Stark family.

The Stannis stuff is illogical.

He wants to rule, but now has killed his only heir.
He is hanging of the ramblings of Melisandre whose only achievement is a shadow baby to kill Renly.
She was wrong about Blackwater, she was wrong about Balon Greyjoy. Statistically speaking she has a shit success rate.

I'd like to have seen him questioning her on this, rather than going straight for the family BBQ.

Si80

Good episode tonight I thought. Looking forwards to watching Thronecast as I think it's Brienne on this evening.

dutchman

I spent most of Monday desperately trying to avoid spoilers on various websites. You would think UK-based websites would impose a moratorium on GoT news reports at least until Sky Atlantic viewers have had a chance to watch the latest episode but no, they insist on publishing articles with obvious giveaways in the headline.

Otis

I spent most of Monday desperately trying to avoid spoilers on various websites. You would think UK-based websites would impose a moratorium on GoT news reports at least until Sky Atlantic viewers have had a chance to watch the latest episode but no, they insist on publishing articles with obvious giveaways in the headline.

Well I managed to avoid them. How did you manage to come across them?

I never thought about it myself to be honest and just did my normal internet browsing and didn't come across any GOT stuff at all. Maybe I was just lucky.

Anyway, I know Jon Snow actor Kit Harrington says he has now been sacked from the show, but he'll be back for Series 6 don't you think?

Too much of a coincidence that Melisandre has just rode in to town and Jon Snow is just about the one true, pure of heart character in the whole saga.

I'm convinced he'll rise again.

One thing that puzzled me though was why the thought of of Jeb's US presidential candidacy kept popping into my head for the entire duration of Cersei's walk of shame.

Any ideas?

kdrinkell

I think you maybe right but this is GoT so nobody is too big to get the chop.

My mate posted Jon Snows dead on his FB status the tosser earlier in the day :(

dutchman

Well I managed to avoid them. How did you manage to come across them?

I was searching for the latest videogame sales chart and there were links to five GoT stories on the same page.

I'd even gone to the trouble of unsubscribing from one GoT forum so as not to accidentally click on an email update like I did last week.

Si80

Anyway, I know Jon Snow actor Kit Harrington says he has now been sacked from the show, but he'll be back for Series 6 don't you think?

Too much of a coincidence that Melisandre has just rode in to town and Jon Snow is just about the one true, pure of heart character in the whole saga.

I'm convinced he'll rise again.

This is what I think will happen too. Her being there doesn't tie into the story in the books so it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Also, I'm not to sure that Stannis is dead. I have a guy feel that Brienne has spared him (although she said different on Thronecast afterwards).

Otis

This is what I think will happen too. Her being there doesn't tie into the story in the books so it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Also, I'm not to sure that Stannis is dead. I have a guy feel that Brienne has spared him (although she said different on Thronecast afterwards).
She can't say anything else can she. Same as Kit Harrington has to say he has left the show, even if he hasn't!

I think he'll rise again. Some red witch magic.

Ian1779

She can't say anything else can she. Same as Kit Harrington has to say he has left the show, even if he hasn't!

I think he'll rise again. Some red witch magic.

As the show has developed this season I think it is clearly heading for an endgame of White Walkers vs every other fucker. Given the fact that the one guy who knows the most about them currently has been stabbed to death, I can only see him coming back into it, although I could see them dragging it out into the latter part of Season 6.

The battle for the Iron Throne is over.... most houses are in pieces one way or another - Daenerys doesn't have to worry about breaking the wheel as the spokes came off all on their own. She just needs to get her dragons up to scratch and get her arse over to the Wall pronto.

Ian1779

Recieved the World of Ice and Fire hardback book as a Fathers Day gift. Would highly recommend for back story and context if you are so inclined.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Nudey pics of Gwendoline christie on the web

Otis

I'm not saying she's tall, but I found the pic and decided to look from the bottom of the pic first and slowly move gaze upwards.

I was started looking at her feet at 8.15 and by 25 past 8 I still hadn't made it up as far as her breasts.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

Recieved the World of Ice and Fire hardback book as a Fathers Day gift. Would highly recommend for back story and context if you are so inclined.

I got books 1-5 for the kindle & spent a good part of last weekend reading it.

Nick

Administrator
Started watching this now, on the 3rd season about halfway through.

What I don't get is how it is decent but using random soap actors past and present?

Ian1779

What I don't get is how it is decent but using random soap actors past and present?

It's like a retirement home for Hollyoaks.

Have you read the books at all?

olderskyblue

I get about 4 or 5 episodes in before I start getting confused about which family everyone belongs to!

Just imagine the Lannisters are SISU and work from there chief......

J

Jack Griffin

Onto the 2nd book now, Robb has been crowned King in the North and has made an treaty offer to Queen Regent Ceresi, I doubt it will be acceptable
tumblr_mppzfgPGnw1r7cmcvo1_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Otis

I thought it was heavy going at first and limited myself to just one episode per week, even though I could have viewed more.

I watched 4 seasons in just over 2 weeks, so quite a few episodes a day. Makes more sense that way, otherwise I would be like Dave.

AngryAnt

Massive fan of the books, been following the show since before it started filming season one (winteriscoming.net :) ). Very nearly applied to be an extra in season one but got my current job shortly before so couldn't justify having X amount of weeks off if I'd gotten the chance, seriously regret it now though.

If you like the show, try the books. The books and show are mostly up to the same point now, but there's so much more backstory and depth in the books.

Users who are viewing this thread