Gardner In (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A month ? It that until we go bust

As the window was an 'emergency' window, clubs can only sign players short term.

Villageezer suggests he is held in high regard at the vile, so maybe we might have another Henderson on our hands?

Im not suggesting hes goin to be our saviour, however the problem we have with our youth seems to be goals. He might not be an experienced head, but he seems to know where the net is. Hopefully that will make up for his inexperince

WillieStanley

For all the complaining about how he's not older... has anybody noticed... Gardner appears to be a... wait for it... "Premiership Loan" :eek:

TalkSkyBlue

Oh dear AT.... did he not say that he wasn't looking for untried youngsters but someone senior and experienced, or words to that effect? Not shooting the loan down, lets wait and see and all that. Can't see what a ONE month loan can do though.

ICHAN

Might tied us over till january?
Not that much will happen proberly with incoming players then but just a thought.
Going to sound a bit like sisu/AT here, maybe they could not get the experianced player/s they wanted (maybe injured or something) and got gardner in in the meantime while they wait until january comes and the window opens up again.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good luck and I'll be whacking you in my accumulator this week!
I wouldn't if I were you.

Regarding Gardener he sounds like a good prospect but we shouldn't have stupidly high hopes of a 19 year old then slate him if he fails to reach unrealistic heights like some fans did with Mcdonald.

Where do we see Gardener fitting in to our current midfield?

EDIT: Also hope we can extend his loan, seems a bit pointless a 1 month loan.

Last edited:

Astute

Just been speaking to bro in law who is Villa scum. He can't believe they have let him go out on loan. Says big clubs have been sniffing around him. All he wants to do is play. We need an attacking midfielder desperately. That is what we have, even if only for a short time.

Have just put £50 on us winning next game. Bro in law also having a wager. Says we have the best player in our division and he is good enough to get into about any prem team. Sounds too good to be true though. We could pull away from the bottom 3 if he plays as well as it sounds.

Grendel

Just been speaking to bro in law who is Villa scum. He can't believe they have let him go out on loan. Says big clubs have been sniffing around him. All he wants to do is play. We need an attacking midfielder desperately. That is what we have, even if only for a short time.

Have just put £50 on us winning next game. Bro in law also having a wager. Says we have the best player in our division and he is good enough to get into about any prem team. Sounds too good to be true though. We could pull away from the bottom 3 if he plays as well as it sounds.

Thorn will probably not play him on Saturday. He'll prefer McSheffrey knowing him.

Grendel

Sadly he is now....

Disorganised1

Thorn's eye for young talent seems to be pretty good - let's hope he has something in mind for a formation to accomodate him.

shmmeee

My take:

He's young and hungry, unheard of but so was Henderson who completely changed our season.

He plays in a position that we've struggled with all season (tip of the diamond)

He scores goals from midfield (something we've lacked)

He's an incoming signing.

Basically, I'm as pissed off as anyone about SISU, but this is a good thing and let's not let our frustrations blind us to the fact that we've signed a player in a position we need who is supposed to be quite good.

We couldn't possibly have signed him for longer as I believe a month is the max for loans at this time, certainly all the other loans I've seen are this length, please correct if I'm wrong though.

Team for Sat:

Murphy
Keogh Cranie Wood Hussey
Clingan
Thomas Bigi
Gardner
Juke Platt

It feels good to sign someone!

Astute

As much as he sounds good, 1 player isn't our whole team

Just the same as Wise wasn't our whole team.

Other than Wise we have not had a quality midfielder play for us since we were in the prem. Our younger supporters will not remember how much one player can change things. At the moment we can knock the ball about without worrying our opponents. If he is as good as I have heard then with the way we can play we will be getting many more good chances to score.

To me it also shows all the talk of admin to be wrong. Why spend money on a loan if they are on their way out?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Also reading the Villa forum some say he is the best prospect they have had over the last 20 years, they expect him to be in the first team or at least challenging by next season or sooner and this move is just to get his match fitness up.

ICHAN

Well if it helps us then great, even if it is for just a short time.
Hopefully it will give the players a kick up the backside and realise that some of them have the capability to help us get out of this mess and also encourage some of the less experianced players in the squad.
This as I said earlier might only be for a short time, but may give AT some time to try and get some of the players in that he has highlighted he wants but for some reason or another may have not be able to get them due to injury or injuries to first team players so they were needed by the club in question.
This is not me getting all sisu there ok we have got someone on loan all is forgiven, just trying to put an angle on why our loan player was not the experianced player we need and that AT had identified we were getting.

wingy

This Loan is not entirely out of context with some of AT's other targets or players identified through the CET,though they may have played some first team football ,Shelvey ,Drinkwater,in fact that clip uploaded by Villageeza has him sitting in the company of Shelvey during an england interview ,he also sounds extremely hungry for it ,unlike our demotivated midfiedl who have just signed lengthy new contracts.

Changeyourface

Not happy he's from them horrible wankers but it's wound my villa mate up loads! Plus if he turns out to be shite we can just turn round and give some good old fashioned "villa scum" abuse.

torchomatic

Sheeeesh! :facepalm:

Not happy he's from them horrible wankers but it's wound my villa mate up loads! Plus if he turns out to be shite we can just turn round and give some good old fashioned "villa scum" abuse.

BurbageSkyBlues

Don't get me wrong I think it's a quality loan, gutted it's not for longer. I'm just trying to find the positives in him coming from the vile!
I think the positives are that if it works out for all parties, it may become a regular source of young talent .... And we become Villa's youth team, with bigger gates than e currently get, lol

Changeyourface

I think it's a great move as I say villa fans I know are fuming they've loaned him out, apparently I'm getting slated for hating them though. Not sure how that works apparently the majority of Cov fans have no clue..

covcity4life

im not gonna let some irrational hatred of villa cloud my judgement on this loan

im 29 and have never hated villa to be honest,dislike maybe but not hate,its leicester i hate for me

and even if we laoned a leciester player id be right behind him

wingy

Wonder if he's going to nudge Sammy off the ball at set pieces today like he did with Henderson in the England game.

Users who are viewing this thread