Gareth Bales new contract (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Is any player really worth the alleged £600,000 a week he will be getting paid...it really is obscene

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Basically tomorrow, by the time I leave for work, do a standard working day & by the time I'm home again he will earn my annual salary!

Good luck to the lad!

Hadji10

He's worth it because that's what he's worth to the club. Although I don't think he's quite as good as everyone seems to make out. He's the tier below Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Suarez. IMO.

Marty

Crazy amount of money. I suppose a fair amount of that will be funded by shirt sales, ticket sales, prize money etc.

Fair play to the lad, I'd be chuffed to bits with 10% of that as my yearly salary.

chiefdave

You can't blame the players taking what's on offer but that sort of money is ridiculous. When you look at the debts of clubs that go into administration or completely fold and then look at some players wages you can't help but think something has gone wrong.

Hadji10

You can't blame the players taking what's on offer but that sort of money is ridiculous. When you look at the debts of clubs that go into administration or completely fold and then look at some players wages you can't help but think something has gone wrong.

The Spanish government front up Madrid so they'll be fine.

CJ_covblaze

The Spanish government front up Madrid so they'll be fine.

Hence why they and the Catalan local authorities are paying close attention to how the court action is going here.

With regard to Bale if they think they can pay him that amount you can't really blame him. Who would turn it down?!

Gazolba

Is any player really worth the alleged £600,000 a week he will be getting paid...it really is obscene
There are very few truly world class players, maybe a dozen or so world-wide and they command a premium. Ultimately, it's the people who pay to watch the games in person or on TV, the people who buy the shirts, and the people who patronise the sponsors and advertisers who pay his salary.

Gint11

Absolutely ludicrous amount of money. No blame on Bale though but just highlights the games gone mad. Where does it end. You could even argue he isn't in the top 5 in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

With all the corruption in football, the actual players are the people I don't begrudge making whatever they can from it.

Gazolba

Absolutely ludicrous amount of money. No blame on Bale though but just highlights the games gone mad. Where does it end. You could even argue he isn't in the top 5 in the world.
<snip>
As soon as he spends it, someone else benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread