Gary McSheffrey: I can fill Marlon King's boots (1 Viewer)

sy79

King in, McSheffrey back on form and Juke developing all the time it could be an exciting season.................but i have been smoking too much crack these days!!!!:pimp: lol

Disorganised1

I would have thought that Marlon had bigger feet than Gary.

bamalamafizzfazz

I would like to make a couple of points on this topic,
1st- I don't think that McSheffrey is the same level of ability either mentally, physically or technically as King. I think he may do fine as a striker but you should keep players in their most familiar position.
2nd- before he got injured, McSheffrey made the top of the diamond position his own and was dominating teams, if he was to move forward we would struggle to fill that role which was displayed when he got injured.
My preference would be to keep Sheff where he is and look to bring in someone new.

Disorganised1

We need more than one string on our fiddle

Covstu

I would like to make a couple of points on this topic,
1st- I don't think that McSheffrey is the same level of ability either mentally, physically or technically as King. I think he may do fine as a striker but you should keep players in their most familiar position.
2nd- before he got injured, McSheffrey made the top of the diamond position his own and was dominating teams, if he was to move forward we would struggle to fill that role which was displayed when he got injured.
My preference would be to keep Sheff where he is and look to bring in someone new.

Totally agree on both accounts bud!

ajsccfc

I'd echo the same thoughts, he looked to be thriving behind the forwards under Thorn before the bad luck with injury, I'd rather he play that role again.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I think he could just about clean them if he tried hard enough!

Haha so true we have not one outfield player who has the ability King has in his left foot!

Tankie

Marlon King is unique at this level, and cannot be replaced by Mc
sheffrey or anyone else for that matter, he is a Premier player in all
but name,There are several of his Ilk in the premiership, but beyond our budget, Juke box has been spoken of, and he might develop into a fine player, but not enough to fill the boots of "Marvelous Marlon"
he is the complete article, as centre forwards go, "Talking the talk" is one thing, "Walking the walk" is quite another. Marlon can do both at the same time, The complete multi tasking Centre Forward.

Tankie.......Planet Bedworth

skybluegod

i think if we gave him a chance he could but he might not considering it is his old position i think he deserves the hand if king goes

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
keep him where thorn had him in the dimond, king has the ability to know where players are he reads the game brillant and can hold up the ball to mcsheffery space if mcs goes up front i jsut cant see him scoring like marlon would.

Users who are viewing this thread