Gazzzaaaaaaaaaa (1 Viewer)

ccfcadz

Paul Gascoigne has been appointed manager of non-league Garforth Town. The former England midfielder has described the task with the Evo Stik First Division North League club as "a big challenge".

Gascoigne, 43, told the News of the World's website: "I feel strong right now. For me it's a big challenge. It's whether the players want to join me in that challenge.:eek:

"I never knew when I'd get back into football. I want to take the club forward and I want the players to develop. I will give commitment to the club.

"Going to a club like this does not bother me one bit. I love this type of football. It is not flash and the players won't be flash.

"I will get the same publicity at Garforth as if I was at a Premier League club and I don't want the players to get carried away with it. I am excited. I can't wait to get in and get started – but of course I will be nervous."

The former Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Rangers midfielder believes his appointment with the West Yorkshire side will not be a repeat of his previous management role, at Kettering. The owner, Imraan Ladak, sacked Gascoigne after 39 days, claiming he was drinking too much.

Gascoigne said: "It went really well there. YOUR SURE MATEY? The chairman tried to blame it on the drink but it was totally untrue. He stopped me coaching and he wanted to become manager."

The Garforth owner Simon Clifford said: "This is not a publicity stunt. When we signed Socrates and Careca, that was. Everyone says they love Paul but nobody does anything about it.

"I want him to be an inspiration to someone who might have depression or problems in their lives. He's walked through hell but he has kept on walking."

Coventry La La La

Paul Gascoigne has been appointed manager of non-league Garforth Town. The former England midfielder has described the task with the Evo Stik First Division North League club as "a big challenge".

Gascoigne, 43, told the News of the World's website: "I feel strong right now. For me it's a big challenge. It's whether the players want to join me in that challenge.:eek:

"I never knew when I'd get back into football. I want to take the club forward and I want the players to develop. I will give commitment to the club.

"Going to a club like this does not bother me one bit. I love this type of football. It is not flash and the players won't be flash.

"I will get the same publicity at Garforth as if I was at a Premier League club and I don't want the players to get carried away with it. I am excited. I can't wait to get in and get started – but of course I will be nervous."

The former Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Rangers midfielder believes his appointment with the West Yorkshire side will not be a repeat of his previous management role, at Kettering. The owner, Imraan Ladak, sacked Gascoigne after 39 days, claiming he was drinking too much.

Gascoigne said: "It went really well there. YOUR SURE MATEY? The chairman tried to blame it on the drink but it was totally untrue. He stopped me coaching and he wanted to become manager."

The Garforth owner Simon Clifford said: "This is not a publicity stunt. When we signed Socrates and Careca, that was. Everyone says they love Paul but nobody does anything about it.

"I want him to be an inspiration to someone who might have depression or problems in their lives. He's walked through hell but he has kept on walking."

Hi Adz firstly welcome back to the forum :welcome: :wave:
I don't think good players always make good Managers but atleast Gazza is doing it the right way starting from non league. At 43 he has plenty of time to earn his managerial badges best of luck to him

Last edited:

ccfcadz

I think with ex-players making managers is fairly 50/50 Gareth Southgate anyone?. But of course the only way he can find out if he is any good is by giving it a good go but like Marlon he is surely running out of last chances?

Nothin' likestarting from he bottom I guess

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think with ex-players making managers is fairly 50/50 Gareth Southgate anyone?. But of course the only way he can find out if he is any good is by giving it a good go but like Marlon he is surely running out of last chances?

Nothin' likestarting from he bottom I guess

Nice sig mate, I think you will like this video ;)

Bit off topic but meh

[video=youtube;kDKiQfBs9lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKiQfBs9lo[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread