George Michael (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Yet another one, only 53, what is going on RIP George

chiefdave

RIP George. Has there ever been a year like this for celeb deaths?

Is it too soon for a Last Christmas joke?

pastythegreat

Haven't got a last Christmas one but do have a good George Micheal joke!

GM was found with chocolate smeared all around his arsehole,
Turns out he was careless with a wispa

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Less of a surprise this one. Still a shame but after pneumonia falling fro a car and constant drugs and aids accusations, I never thought he'd make old bones. Just like gazza kind of waiting for this one to happen

Paxman II

Sorry total surprise and shock. I just can't believe it at the moment. Who would have thought 'Last Christmas' would be so fitting in the most bizarre way.
Waiting to hear the cause of death...to get some understanding.

Otis

It's not only the number Pete it's the fact that so many of them are proper A listers in their particular field.
Yep. It's all about the degree of talent we have lost.

Probably the greatest ever boxer, one of the most influential recording artists etc. etc.

skyblue1991

Shocking news. Suspected heart failure apparently.

Too many talents have gone this year. Hope it's the last of 2016. RIP.

torchomatic

Such sad news. Had a soft sport for George and his music and he never took himself too seriously.

Sick Boy

My favourite thing was how he was outed as part of a big scandal and his reaction was to make a hit single out of it and completely send himself up.

Fair play to him, the treatment of him by the tabloid press was disgraceful.

torchomatic

With all the stories coming out today about his generosity I can't help liking the fella even more. He sounds like a modern day saint. Bless him.

torchomatic

I didn't like him previously, but am now warming to the fella.

oh, I always had a soft spot for him as I said earlier in the thread, he never took himself too seriously and the way he was outed was a disgrace. These stories just make me like him more, to be honest. They're aren't many other artists they will say this about.

Otis

oh, I always had a soft spot for him as I said earlier in the thread, he never took himself too seriously and the way he was outed was a disgrace. These stories just make me like him more, to be honest. They're aren't many other artists they will say this about.
Just mean in terms of his music. I quite liked Wham's first single and then one or two GM tracks, but on the whole his music just wasn't for me. I therefore also took no interest in any of the press stories or gossip.

Pretty much washed over me his career.

Nice to hear such nice comments coming out about him now though for sure.

torchomatic

Just mean in terms of his music. I quite liked Wham's first single and then one or two GM tracks, but on the whole his music just wasn't for me. I therefore also took no interest in any of the press stories or gossip.

Pretty much washed over me his career.

Nice to hear such nice comments coming out about him now though for sure.

I liked the odd Wham record and I thought some of Faith and Listen Without Prejudice were pretty good at the time. Never really liked the more modern ones. I do like Freedom 90 and Cowboys and Angels, thought they were great tracks.

Yes, nice to know about the good stuff. You can't imagine Olly Murs or whoever being like that, it is more "let's tweet this picture of me in a Kids cancer ward", etc . Sounds like he was genuinely one of a kind.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have to say I was never a Wham! fan (I always connect Wham! with West Ham??). But having read some stuff about George Michael recently - how he secretly donated about £2m to various charities, in particular, Childline - I feel great respect for the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread