George Thomas (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Nothing

Thomas is no longer employed by CCFC.
Point is he is not employed by anyone at the moment and he has not said he wont consider signing for us (unless I've missed something) looking at his options, while I like most would like him to hurry up its a big decision .Why turn the lad away when it could still be us

Grendel

Yeah but it's up to the buying club to agree a fee or go to tribunal. They can sign George and negotiate with us after. None of this hold up has anything to do with us. We could be asking for a certain fee and not getting it but that doesn't stop Thomas leaving.

Most out of contract deals are agreed prior to getting to a tribunal.

mrtrench

You are correct, but Sisu are involved here and they demand 1M for George

I missed that. I wonder why they decided to get involved in this case in particular when they haven't been involved in previous transfers. Are they now getting involved in all of them? I tend to agree with Nick that if SISU have set an unrealistic price tag then it will go to tribunal. How did you find out about this and their price tag?

Liquid Gold

I have heard that a potential option is he stays on loan for the season and we "waive" the U24 payment
Problem is the club (or maybe SISU) really want/need the 350K.
I guess MR would rather have GT for the season.
For £350k you could buy 2 players who were at GT's current standard.

Captain Dart

For £350k you could buy 2 players who were at GT's current standard.
Probably 3 solid league two players or a very good one for 2 years.

rupert_bear

Had our chairman offered George Thomas a 2 year contract or even a 12 month contract extension this time last year Thomas would prossibly be commanding a Callum Wilson type fee, I sometimes wonder if Tim Fisher is part of the nopm himself

Last edited:

Grendel

Had our chairman offeredThomas a 2 year contract or even a 12 month contract extension this time last year Thomas would probably be commanding a Callum Wilson type fee, I sometimes wonder if Tim Fisher is part of the nopm himself

Thomas wouldn't be commanding anything near Wilsons fee

clint van damme

Had our chairman offeredThomas a 2 year contract or even a 12 month contract extension this time last year Thomas would probably be commanding a Callum Wilson type fee, I sometimes wonder if Tim Fisher is part of the nopm himself

if he'd offered him a 12 month contract this time last year this board would have been in melt down.

ajsccfc

Between 'your mate Fisher' and George Thomas getting Callum Wilson money, you're on a roll here rupe.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Regardless of what fee we get for Thomas, you can guarantee it won't go back into the team.
In recent years we got fees for Wilson, Christie and Maddison - where exactly was that £2-3million invested in the team? Same old story.

Grendel

Regardless of what fee we get for Thomas, you can guarantee it won't go back into the team.
In recent years we got fees for Wilson, Christie and Maddison - where exactly was that £2-3million invested in the team? Same old story.
It paid wages I would assume.

Nick

Administrator

It was a mixture of the team / wages and running the club wasn't it?

covcity4life

maybe you can excuse some of that,but even if we are self sufficient selling players should also help us replace them. they do make many enemies when they fuck this part up

i really hope he stays, will give us 15 goals guaranteed from outwide or striker position imo

Users who are viewing this thread