Gilbert V Reid (1 Viewer)

hutch1972

Being one of the posh twats from rural Warwickshire (I'm not actually posh) I don't have quite the same understanding as the situation as everyone else does. Anything that Gilbert says/does pisses me off (says more about me than him), so I refuse to follow him on Twitter & take everything he says with a bucket of salt. To sound a bit amateur, can anyone provide me with a fair assessment of Les Reid as I know very little of him & the Cov Observer?
Les Reid basically backs sisu In every way possible , his articles are always the complete opposite to the Cov Tel.
To me and a lot of others that looks ( as someone has already said ) like nothing but a personal grudge against another paper ! Which I may add , is also shite.

John_Silletts_Nose

The trouble with Reid is that he has allowed his bitter dispute with the Coventry Telegraph to become so personal that it has clouded his judgement. At times he comes across as hysterical in his reaction,and it just seems too personal for him. As others have said he just keeps repeating the same soundbites over and over again,as if that somehow makes them true.
What was actually said between the various parties at different times, a lot we can only guess, depends often on people's prejudices. But what we know for certain is what Fisher has repeatedly told us the fans over years, about buying land, moving to a new site. According to Fisher this should have been our first full season at our promised new stadium. So it is beyond doubt that Fisher has been economical with the truth for years to us the supporters, and yet Reid seems to treat this as a minor oversight.
He has never presented any credible case, for a move to the Butts. Who would finance it, who would own it, why would CRFC get involved with an organisation who are utterly toxic. Why would they benefit from playing even in a 12000 stadium when they get gates of just over 1000.

Sums it up well. It's a shame as Reid did come across well initially and has allowed his bitterness to prevent any reasonable journalistic reporting.
On Twitter, he will not listen to any criticism as he deletes anyone who states an alternate viewpoint without discussion
He has effectively become a press office for CCFC and SISU news. Notable that he did not report SISU's final defeat in JR1.
His lack for impartiality on CCFC, Cov Council, Wasps and related matters limits the journalistic reporting capability which he used to show.

Gilbert acts with an arrogance which is irritating to many and he can grate, but he does not have a grievance which restricts his reporting.

Is there anyone on here that plays cricket with Les Reid?

Terry Gibson's perm

Sums it up well. It's a shame as Reid did come across well initially and has allowed his bitterness to prevent any reasonable journalistic reporting.
On Twitter, he will not listen to any criticism as he deletes anyone who states an alternate viewpoint without discussion
He has effectively become a press office for CCFC and SISU news. Notable that he did not report SISU's final defeat in JR1.
His lack for impartiality on CCFC, Cov Council, Wasps and related matters limits the journalistic reporting capability which he used to show.

Gilbert acts with an arrogance which is irritating to many and he can grate, but he does not have a grievance which restricts his reporting.

Is there anyone on here that plays cricket with Les Reid?

Who does he play for?

Captain Dart

Being one of the posh twats from rural Warwickshire (I'm not actually posh) I don't have quite the same understanding as the situation as everyone else does. Anything that Gilbert says/does pisses me off (says more about me than him), so I refuse to follow him on Twitter & take everything he says with a bucket of salt. To sound a bit amateur, can anyone provide me with a fair assessment of Les Reid as I know very little of him & the Cov Observer?

Articles littered with pejorative comments about CCC, SBT, JimmyHillWay, Wasps, ACL, no criticism of SISU.

Bob Latchford

QjuOaCQw.jpg
Murs to knock Dec out in the 3rd
7nrAU32w.jpg

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure Reid is doing himself any favours with the way and tone of his coverage of these bids. His reports seem overtly critical of everyone except SISU. He is at risk of burning a lot of bridges.

Adge

Not sure Reid is doing himself any favours with the way and tone of his coverage of these bids. His reports seem overtly critical of everyone except SISU. He is at risk of burning a lot of bridges.
Not sure he is doing himself any favours weatthem braces!

Users who are viewing this thread