Gmk (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Was bored today so popped over to the dark side. What an awful experience. Does anyone here post on that rubbish site?

Otis

Some great posters, some idiots and some completely up their own arses, but it's still well wort a visit.

To be fair to them they seem to be well grounded when it comes to the City. There are no debates of 'will we, won't we make the play-offs etc.

I like it that there is no wild optimism and it's all a bit more reasoned and rationalised.

Not to everyone's tastes though of course.

Nick

Administrator
Let's not turn it into a slanging thread ay?

I personally like the banter and the sense of humour on there, some very witty and dry posters!

Otis

You have to don a tin hat on there US everytime you go on.

It's like a duck shoot.

Not sure who's the duck and who's the hunter though.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never looked at the site. Might have a sneaky peek. (Don't worry Nick - you won't get rid of me that easily!!) :whistle:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't find it! Anyone got a link?

dongonzalos

Some great posters, some idiots and some completely up their own arses, but it's still well wort a visit.

To be fair to them they seem to be well grounded when it comes to the City. There are no debates of 'will we, won't we make the play-offs etc.

I like it that there is no wild optimism and it's all a bit more reasoned and rationalised.

That's a shame that they wouldnt debate something as important about whether making the play offs is a realistic aim. Especially when your form over the last 12 matches suggests you would (would do a wink now if I could)

dongonzalos

Also they do debate it someone called dionsmassiveknob and someone else.

One of them thinks if we are 5 points off the play offs at the end of December then we are in eith a chance.

Someone else says 8 defeats is too much already.

Others say December will define the season.

Others say the Jan transfer window will.

So seeing as you hold them in such high regard and that they won't waste their time on wild optimism.

The fact they debating it must show it is just normal reasonable optimism, so that is good :)

Grendel

I hardly look at it but they did seem to have a far more realistic view of what you do with a failed manager.

Astute

That's a shame that they wouldnt debate something as important about whether making the play offs is a realistic aim. Especially when your form over the last 12 matches suggests you would (would do a wink now if I could)

When on your phone...... remember to remove gaps I have put in on the left.......

; ) ;)
: ) :)
: D :D
:thinking about: :thinking about: only one gap between the words
:whistle : :whistle:
: o :eek:
:jerkit : :jerkit:

More than enough to use when on phone. Just gets harder when on pop :D

Otis

It's not a realistic aim though.

And they don't have thread after thread after every win believing the play-offs are on.

I reckon any odd post saying we can make the play-offs is just an SBT spy going over there causing mayhem. ;)

hill83

I popped over there the other day for the first time in a while. Don't think I will again.

Astute

Not me Otis :D

Was on there for a fair bit of time myself until they kept having server problems. That was when I defected to here. Sorry everyone :)

Otis

I do spend a lot more time over here these days. It's not quite the place it once was.

pusbccfc

Its quiet on there these days. Far more populated and quicker replies on here!

covcity4life

14th ia reasonable? were 4th in form guide and playing our best footy of the season.

dongonzalos

When on your phone...... remember to remove gaps I have put in on the left.......

; ) ;)
: ) :)
: D :D
:thinking about: :thinking about: only one gap between the words
:whistle : :whistle:
: o :eek:
:jerkit : :jerkit:

More than enough to use when on phone. Just gets harder when on pop :D

perfect thanks

dongonzalos

It's not a realistic aim though.

And they don't have thread after thread after every win believing the play-offs are on.

I reckon any odd post saying we can make the play-offs is just an SBT spy going over there causing mayhem. ;)

Outrageous paranoia :)

covcity4life

Yet still suffering the same failings as we have for years. Poor result Saturday no matter how you dress it up. 14th in a very poor league.

i kno its a poor result but everything seems to be pointing towards improvement

its coming up to december and a final 14th place position is reasonable and rationable?

me thinks not.

derbyskyblue

Back in the day gmk was one of the funniest forums going. Used to laugh out loud at some of the antics . Quite a few hissy fits and meltdowns always passed an hour or two on a dark night.
Shame its just a shadow now of its former self.

Paxman II

Back in the day gmk was one of the funniest forums going. Used to laugh out loud at some of the antics . Quite a few hissy fits and meltdowns always passed an hour or two on a dark night.
Shame its just a shadow now of its former self.

Perfect sumation. I said no comment earlier but now i can't resist...

They lost their way and lost a few very good posters in that period when I believe egos began to play a role and the arrogance when offered help only made some (including me) take a different view of things having been a stalwart there and even a sponsor in the past.
The server problems compounded it and tbh when I found SBT and how open and helpful Nick is and such a perfectionist at his job there was no contest.
Like all business if you like, the priority has to be the happiness of the customers. GMK failed when Smiles departed and during this period he even got grumpy with people who had supported him through thick and thin over court cases pending, CCFC coming at him etc.

I'm glad it still operates but is a shadow of the past. I'd like to see everyone on here. We are supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet afterall. ;)

fernandopartridge

Perfect sumation. I said no comment earlier but now i can't resist...

They lost their way and lost a few very good posters in that period when I believe egos began to play a role and the arrogance when offered help only made some (including me) take a different view of things having been a stalwart there and even a sponsor in the past.
The server problems compounded it and tbh when I found SBT and how open and helpful Nick is and such a perfectionist at his job there was no contest.
Like all business if you like, the priority has to be the happiness of the customers. GMK failed when Smiles departed and during this period he even got grumpy with people who had supported him through thick and thin over court cases pending, CCFC coming at him etc.

I'm glad it still operates but is a shadow of the past. I'd like to see everyone on here. We are supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet afterall. ;)

Jesus christ, it's an internet forum.

usskyblue

Jesus christ, it's an internet forum.

:D

Knowl does a good job, as did Smiles.

GMK is different, it always has been...and that's its strength. It's an acquired taste and people like me prefer it ...and there's nothing wrong with that. Each to his own.

Although I choose not to regularly infect this board with my persona, I have a lot of time for Nick who does a good job with the effeminate hysteria that occurs regularly during heated formation threads that I regularly masturbate over..

Rich

Anyone used skyblueuntrust.com? There always seems to be the rivalry between the ever failing GMK and SBT, but no one ever seems to mention SBU.

What are people's thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread