Golovkin v Brook (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

This could be some fight and can Brook pull it off and beat the deadly Golovkin ? I cant see it myself but I hope I'm wrong !

eastwoodsdustman

Brook is supremely confident and has bulked up a lot for the fight. Golovkin didn't seem overly confident when he was interviewed today and size wise theres not much in it. Could be a classic. I might push the boat out and pay per view for the first time ever.

vow

Is it a 2am one?
I'd like to know this too, can only find "after 10pm", whether thats the start of the undercard or thier fight, i don't know.

Covstu

Just can't see him doing it, it think he will have. A good few rounds initially but will get overrun In the end. Hope I am wrong!

Red John

Would love to see him win but I just can't see it happening, Golovkin is a machine...should be a cracking fight though

The Reverend Skyblue

£17 is a lot to see one decent fight though.Ive paid for the last two so called main events and they have been shit
Who is on the undercard ?

Pipehitterz

Ggg will win through size alone.
But
Brook will shit him up a bit

IMO ggg hasn't fought anyone of merit, and Brook is one hell of a resilient fighter, I wouldn't be surprised to see ggg be made to look shit and for Brook to win on points.

But as I said, ggg will win only because of size and power.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

£17 is a lot to see one decent fight though.Ive paid for the last two so called main events and they have been shit
Who is on the undercard ?
I remember getting stung by the Anthony Joshua world title bout against Charles Martin last April, it finished halfway through the second round. But I'm drawn to the idea of GGG fight someone who may give him a decent fight.

bringbackrattles

But

IMO ggg hasn't fought anyone of merit, and Brook is one hell of a resilient fighter, I wouldn't be surprised to see ggg be made to look shit and for Brook to win on points.

I can tell you know your boxing.A conversation in the pub recently got round to boxing,and it was about who's the best pound for pound fighter ever ? My late father knew Randolph Turpin who was a tough boxer from Leamington who fought Sugar Ray Robinson. And he used to say Robinson was the best,and I've read that he is rated the all time number one. My favourite is Marciano. Who do you reckon is tops ?

Hadji10

But

What's the reason for him not fighting the big names? They've all ran a mile from him. Look at the Canelo situation, dumped his belt and moved down a division so he didn't have to take the fight. Still, Golovkin has fought consistent top 10 MW's throughout his last 15 fights, other than Porter, Brook has fought no one himself. Also Golovkin is far more than a puncher, just look at his amateur pedigree. World am champion aswell as an Olympic silver medallist, you don't achieve that without being immensely skilled.
Brook will take a brutal beating in this fight, no doubt about it.

And Bringbackrattles, yes Sugar Ray Robinson is by far the best fighter ever. In football every football writers top 5 picks will all be different, some will have Maradona, Pele, Cryuff, Messi, Ronaldo... But the boxing writers and historians will all have SRR as their number 1

Pipehitterz

What's the reason for him not fighting the big names? They've all ran a mile from him. Look at the Canelo situation, dumped his belt and moved down a division so he didn't have to take the fight. Still, Golovkin has fought consistent top 10 MW's throughout his last 15 fights, other than Porter, Brook has fought no one himself. Also Golovkin is far more than a puncher, just look at his amateur pedigree. World am champion aswell as an Olympic silver medallist, you don't achieve that without being immensely skilled.
Brook will take a brutal beating in this fight, no doubt about it.

And Bringbackrattles, yes Sugar Ray Robinson is by far the best fighter ever. In football every football writers top 5 picks will all be different, some will have Maradona, Pele, Cryuff, Messi, Ronaldo... But the boxing writers and historians will all have SRR as their number 1
If you're quoting Boxing writers, you have to be consistent, they all concede that ggg hasn't had a real fighter in front of him yet.
I didn't say Kell had either, I suggested tho that he is a very resilient fighter and can get a win from a defeat.
I also said ggg will beat him but wouldn't be surprised if he skilled his way to a win on points.
GGg has definitely not had a fight with anyone near the skill set of Brooke, that is a universal fact, and surprised you're arguing that point?

On the question of Best fighter. Joe Louis was possibly the Best at his own weight, Robinson was Best all round but did lose to all his rivals in his prime, but also did avenge all those defeats.
If you look at all well known unbeaten retired Fighters you get a 3 man shortlist
Marciano
Calzaghe
Mayweather

Looking at their records, Marciano unfortunately only ever had 7 title Fights and the Best Fighters he fought were over the Hill, so Joe Louis takes the heavyweight mantle. Obviously Ali is up there too, such a hard decisions, I would have Ali as the most skilled heavyweight

Calzaghe. Underrated fighter, fought some really poor Fighters but also beat the very Best in his level, all be it, some were past it, eubank / Jones just 2 that would have beat him in his prime.
Again he's more a resilient tough Italian more than skilled technical fighter

Mayweather. Strange one, has beaten everyone put in front of him, skilled in not losing, ruthless when needed and very very clever fighter.
Maybe the Best of all time? He has to be mentioned up there with Robinson for sure

Louis
Robinson
Mayweather

I think they're the top 3 of all time

Personally my favourite fighter is Nigel Benn, just because of the passion

Hadji10

If you're quoting Boxing writers, you have to be consistent, they all concede that ggg hasn't had a real fighter in front of him yet.
I didn't say Kell had either, I suggested tho that he is a very resilient fighter and can get a win from a defeat.
I also said ggg will beat him but wouldn't be surprised if he skilled his way to a win on points.
GGg has definitely not had a fight with anyone near the skill set of Brooke, that is a universal fact, and surprised you're arguing that point?

On the question of Best fighter. Joe Louis was possibly the Best at his own weight, Robinson was Best all round but did lose to all his rivals in his prime, but also did avenge all those defeats.
If you look at all well known unbeaten retired Fighters you get a 3 man shortlist
Marciano
Calzaghe
Mayweather

Looking at their records, Marciano unfortunately only ever had 7 title Fights and the Best Fighters he fought were over the Hill, so Joe Louis takes the heavyweight mantle. Obviously Ali is up there too, such a hard decisions, I would have Ali as the most skilled heavyweight

Calzaghe. Underrated fighter, fought some really poor Fighters but also beat the very Best in his level, all be it, some were past it, eubank / Jones just 2 that would have beat him in his prime.
Again he's more a resilient tough Italian more than skilled technical fighter

Mayweather. Strange one, has beaten everyone put in front of him, skilled in not losing, ruthless when needed and very very clever fighter.
Maybe the Best of all time? He has to be mentioned up there with Robinson for sure

Louis
Robinson
Mayweather

I think they're the top 3 of all time

Personally my favourite fighter is Nigel Benn, just because of the passion

Yet all boxing writers have him top 5P4P, I'm not disagreeing with you really, Brook is probably the best fighter he's faced, but he will still destroy him.

It's not his fault he's had the big fights, Sergio Martinez, Sturm, Froch, Chavez Jnr, Canelo and Cotto all blatantly ducked him and paid him significant amounts in step aside money, that says it all.

Pipehitterz

Yet all boxing writers have him top 5P4P, I'm not disagreeing with you really, Brook is probably the best fighter he's faced, but he will still destroy him.

It's not his fault he's had the big fights, Sergio Martinez, Sturm, Froch, Chavez Jnr, Canelo and Cotto all blatantly ducked him and paid him significant amounts in step aside money, that says it all.
Out of those, all were past it.
Apart from alveras. Very disappointed he ducked him.
The others just didn't want a young hungry fighter to retire them, froch would have been interesting before he got old over night.
I imagine it would have been the froch that destroyed bute, he had his pride at stake after the Ward schooling.
Shane froch got old so quickly, like bute was his swan song.
Made a tidy sum out of that joker groves tho so no wonder he didn't want ggg

Pipehitterz

Thing I liked about the Robinson era, when he lost to lamotta over 15 rounds, they fought again 2 weeks later Ffs, amazing

Joe Louis had 26 world title heavyweight Fights in 5 years
Haha bonkers time for the Sport

Pipehitterz

I will say tho.
Kell looks a hell of a size, and still looks very mobile with it, judging by the public Work out the other day.
Ggg, for all his amazing angled power shots, is, if I can be harsh on him, quite a static guy, he is very solid at this weight and isn't the quickest around the ring.

Honestly edging closer to a Brooke win on points, ggg has failed to put Away worse Fighters than Brooke.
Might be worth some money on Brooke points win

bringbackrattles

I will say tho.
Kell looks a hell of a size, and still looks very mobile with it, judging by the public Work out the other day.
Ggg, for all his amazing angled power shots, is, if I can be harsh on him, quite a static guy, he is very solid at this weight and isn't the quickest around the ring.

Honestly edging closer to a Brooke win on points, ggg has failed to put Away worse Fighters than Brooke.
Might be worth some money on Brooke points win
Got a book on the top 100 fighters ever.
Top 5: 1.Ali.2.Sugar Ray Robinson. 3.Louis. 4.Henry Armstrong. 5.Harry Greb. Compiled in 1999 though.The list is chosen by Angelo Dundee,Roy Jones Jr,Kevin Mitchell and Emanuel Steward classed as experts in boxing. I've been reading about Max Baer and he's not even in the top 100. Strange as he wasn't that bad was he ?

Pipehitterz

Got a book on the top 100 fighters ever.
Top 5: 1.Ali.2.Sugar Ray Robinson. 3.Louis. 4.Henry Armstrong. 5.Harry Greb. Compiled in 1999 though.The list is chosen by Angelo Dundee,Roy Jones Jr,Kevin Mitchell and Emanuel Steward classed as experts in boxing. I've been reading about Max Baer and he's not even in the top 100. Strange as he wasn't that bad was he ?
history doesnt really like the old war horses.
fitting a top 100 in , older fighters always get overlooked

bringbackrattles

what do you guys think of mayweather?
do you think hes up there with the likes of ali?
I like looking at DVDs of fighters: Marciano,Dempsey, Tyson,as heavyweights, but also was watching recently great middleweights like Hagler,Hearns,and our own Benn and Eubank fights. Hagler was awesome but so is May weather and he has to be rated up there with the best.

bringbackrattles

Does anybody remember Tony Sibson ? A boxer from Leicester who I thought was pretty decent. He was a big looking middleweight, but really handy.

Pipehitterz

I like looking at DVDs of fighters: Marciano,Dempsey, Tyson,as heavyweights, but also was watching recently great middleweights like Hagler,Hearns,and our own Benn and Eubank fights. Hagler was awesome but so is May weather and he has to be rated up there with the best.
Definitely IMO
Loved that middleweight, then super middleweight era, late 70s through to now has been amazing at middleweight.

Welterweight has grown through the 90s to now.
Current crop of heavyweight Fighters, although not the greatest, have all started making names for themselves, once they all start Manning up and fighting each other, we will get a new era of heavyweight super Fights.
They all scared of losing money by getting knocked out.
It's the reason I respect fury above them all, I reckon he would fight them all tomorrow if they said was

vow

Anyone got a decent stream lined up for tonight?

clint van damme

going up two weights is a hell of an ask for Brook even if he is naturally big, my head says he hasn't got a cat in hells chance but I've a feeling he may spring a shock, based on nothing more than a feeling!

Gint11

Bracing myself in anticipation for this one. Got Hall fight on and it's a little cautious. Really want Brook to pull it off but going up two divisions and GGG is the bollox so I'm going for a GGG win inside 6 rounds but hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread