Golovkin v Brook (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Wanted one of em to go out on their shield list night.
That injury robbed the fight Fans of an all time classic .

Would love a rematch after ggg destroys Billy Saunders ( if that happens ) cuz the uk is definitely where the money is right now, ggg will be back here next fight for sure

eastwoodsdustman

I think Eubank will wait for another 2 years or so to agree to the fight. Just when GGG is starting to wain so that he has a chance.If he goes in now he'll get his arse kicked.

Hadji10

To be fair to him. He'd be the right natural size for ggg.
That would be an amazing fight and I'm disappointed ggg didn't Make it happen before this one.
If anything, Kell has shown the ggg doesn't back up, so apply some pressure.
If there is one thing eubank does do is apply pressure.
Ggg is getting old and by his next fight , like it or not, he will be over the crest of the Hill, could be someone else's time

What are you going on about? The only reason that farce of a mismatch happened last night is because Eubank JNR turned the fight down in June.

Eubank Jr v GGG ends exactly the same way, Eubank Jr in hospital.

Pipehitterz

What are you going on about? The only reason that farce of a mismatch happened last night is because Eubank JNR turned the fight down in June.

Eubank Jr v GGG ends exactly the same way, Eubank Jr in hospital.
That's why I put - ggg should have made it happen - and not took the 'easier ' fight with a lighter guy.
What are you talking about?

Hadji10

That's why I put - ggg should have made it happen - and not took the 'easier ' fight with a lighter guy.
What are you talking about?

How can he make it happen? The other guy rejected the fight and a 3million pound pay day. You can't force people in the ring with him.

As for the lighter guy and the easier fight, you backed Brook to win on points didn't you?

Pipehitterz

How can he make it happen? The other guy rejected the fight and a 3million pound pay day. You can't force people in the ring with him.

As for the lighter guy and the easier fight, you backed Brook to win on points didn't you?
Yes I did.
Read the post. I was writing from the ggg angle.
He wanted to look good against a dangerous fighter didn't he.
So the lighter fighter would be the easier option right?
Nowhere did I say I thought it was the easier option. It was a subjective post

Do try and keep up.
Ggg STILL hasn't had a hard fight regardless off his power. Last night, for me, only showed his one plan, plan A is all he has, straight forward , head completely still , someone like eubank never stops moving, if ggg doesn't get him out of there then eubank wins IMO

Hadji10

Yes I did.
Read the post. I was writing from the ggg angle.
He wanted to look good against a dangerous fighter didn't he.
So the lighter fighter would be the easier option right?
Nowhere did I say I thought it was the easier option. It was a subjective post

Do try and keep up.
Ggg STILL hasn't had a hard fight regardless off his power. Last night, for me, only showed his one plan, plan A is all he has, straight forward , head completely still , someone like eubank never stops moving, if ggg doesn't get him out of there then eubank wins IMO

He wasn't in there to move his head and box, he knew Brook couldn't hurt him and just Waded forward trying to end it. Watch the Lemiuex fight if you think he can't box on the back foot and move his head.

Eubank hasn't got a won a fight above British level, Golovkin absolutely ruthlessly dismantles Eubank Jr.

skyblue1991

Fantastic, just read that Brook has to have an operation on a broken eye socket.

I'm not being funny, how on earth do people find two blokes (or two women) knocking ten galleons of shit out of each other entertaining? It doe no good to the brain and it really is a thuggish sport. My opinion is people that do it have no other skills in life; no education and no other sport skill.

Seriouly, I don't get it. Somebody please explain why they find the sport entertaining.

Pipehitterz

He wasn't in there to move his head and box, he knew Brook couldn't hurt him and just Waded forward trying to end it. Watch the Lemiuex fight if you think he can't box on the back foot and move his head.

Eubank hasn't got a won a fight above British level, Golovkin absolutely ruthlessly dismantles Eubank Jr.
I'd like to see it just to see if that happens.
I actually think eubank is an animal, and one with a tremendous Chin, he Fights like his dad and Nigel Benn combined. Not as good mind, but see what I'm getting at, rawness and no defence.
Ggg is on the way back down, the age alone tells us this. Could be someone's time to get him.
Last night may well have been interesting if injury hadn't halted proceedings

Pipehitterz

Fantastic, just read that Brook has to have an operation on a broken eye socket.

I'm not being funny, how on earth do people find two blokes (or two women) knocking ten galleons of shit out of each other entertaining? It doe no good to the brain and it really is a thuggish sport. My opinion is people that do it have no other skills in life; no education and no other sport skill.

Seriouly, I don't get it. Somebody please explain why they find the sport entertaining.
You nailed it.
Most boxers are from the wrong side of the track and Boxing is a discipline that life has not taught them.
It changes people , in the same way the army takes under privilege and makes a man out of them.
It keeps them off the streets.

It's no surprise you find the Best boxers in the most undisciplined and bleak countries

Hadji10

I'd like to see it just to see if that happens.
I actually think eubank is an animal, and one with a tremendous Chin, he Fights like his dad and Nigel Benn combined. Not as good mind, but see what I'm getting at, rawness and no defence.
Ggg is on the way back down, the age alone tells us this. Could be someone's time to get him.
Last night may well have been interesting if injury hadn't halted proceedings

You're saying injury like he twisted his ankle or something, he got his injury caused by getting his head punched in. Don't follow the crowd or Sky's commentary, Brook won one round, that's it. Golovkin outlanded Brook in EVERY single round for fuck sake.

Pipehitterz

You're saying injury like he twisted his ankle or something, he got his injury caused by getting his head punched in. Don't follow the crowd or Sky's commentary, Brook won one round, that's it. Golovkin outlanded Brook in EVERY single round for fuck sake.
I'm a Boxing fan, and as a Boxing fan, a boxer is still in there until he's not.
A punch at the wrong angle can break a bone, and if your logic that he had his face broken in by power, you're conceding to me Brook could take his Best shots? ??
He wasn't in trouble and didn't get knocked down. And if you believe ggg when he says he wasn't hurt then you concede to more bullshit yourself.

You're the only person that's said he was getting battered, so like most posts your are looking for the bite, you got one well done.
Off to more important issues. Bye

Robccfc87

Correct

Hadji10

I'm a Boxing fan, and as a Boxing fan, a boxer is still in there until he's not.
A punch at the wrong angle can break a bone, and if your logic that he had his face broken in by power, you're conceding to me Brook could take his Best shots? ??
He wasn't in trouble and didn't get knocked down. And if you believe ggg when he says he wasn't hurt then you concede to more bullshit yourself.

You're the only person that's said he was getting battered, so like most posts your are looking for the bite, you got one well done.
Off to more important issues. Bye

Brook took his power well, far better than what expected but when he was hit he backed up to the ropes and smothered.

Brook didn't hurt Golovkin once, not one shot he landed had an effect on him.

Brook got battered, how you can think anything different I don't know.

clint van damme

it's a great sport, very skillful, very tactical, extreme levels of fitness required.
Lots of boxers could have gone into other sports and there's plenty of other sportsmen who could have been boxers.
Also plenty of educated boxers with degrees and such like but also plenty who come from bad areas, have had little formal education and who have used it as a means to better themselves.
Yes, it is dangerous, but there is plenty of emerging evidence that rugby is an extremely dangerous sport, do you consider that to be thuggish, or is it OK because it's perceived as a middle class sport?
In summary, your opinions on boxing are fairly misinformed,and if you dislike it that much why post on a thread about it?
I hate golf, if someone started a thread on the Ryder cup I just wouldn't bother opening it.

skyblue1991

it's a great sport, very skillful, very tactical, extreme levels of fitness required.
Lots of boxers could have gone into other sports and there's plenty of other sportsmen who could have been boxers.
Also plenty of educated boxers with degrees and such like but also plenty who come from bad areas, have had little formal education and who have used it as a means to better themselves.
Yes, it is dangerous, but there is plenty of emerging evidence that rugby is an extremely dangerous sport, do you consider that to be thuggish, or is it OK because it's perceived as a middle class sport?
In summary, your opinions on boxing are fairly misinformed,and if you dislike it that much why post on a thread about it?
I hate golf, if someone started a thread on the Ryder cup I just wouldn't bother opening it.

I posted exactly for your reply. I haven't heard anybody explain why they like it so much, other than the fact they like people knocking fuck out of each other.

I don't consider rugby a dangerous sport. Rugby is a game where you attempt to take a ball from one end of the pitch to ther other and kick over a goal post. To defend one must tackle from the shoulder down. Players shake hands at the end of the game and there little or no animosity

It's a contact sport no doubt but the sole aim is to not phsycially hurt another human being.

I find comparing boxing to rugby a bit bizarre.

UFC is also emerging as popular. What is the attraction?

Hadji10

I posted exactly for your reply. I haven't heard anybody explain why they like it so much, other than the fact they like people knocking fuck out of each other.

I don't consider rugby a dangerous sport. Rugby is a game where you attempt to take a ball from one end of the pitch to ther other and kick over a goal post. To defend one must tackle from the shoulder down. Players shake hands at the end of the game and there little or no animosity

It's a contact sport no doubt but the sole aim is to not phsycially hurt another human being.

Fuck off you boring c**t.

clint van damme

I answered why I enjoy boxing, it's highly tactical and highly skillful.
And you think no one steps onto a rugby pitch to hurt an opponent?!!
Boxers shake hands at the end of a bout, what does that prove?
And you may not consider boxing a dangerous sport but there's a big push for it to be banned in schools, (apart from touch rugby), that's not because it isn't dangerous is it?
As for UFC, it's a very skillful sport but it's difficult to understand tho nuances of and even if you do it's difficult to see clearly what's going on when fighters go to ground so I don't see it's attraction as a spectator sport though for differing reasons to you.

skyblue1991

I answered why I enjoy boxing, it's highly tactical and highly skillful.
And you think no one steps onto a rugby pitch to hurt an opponent?!!
Boxers shake hands at the end of a bout, what does that prove?
And you may not consider boxing a dangerous sport but there's a big push for it to be banned in schools, (apart from touch rugby), that's not because it isn't dangerous is it?
As for UFC, it's a very skillful sport but it's difficult to understand tho nuances of and even if you do it's difficult to see clearly what's going on when fighters go to ground so I don't see it's attraction as a spectator sport though for differing reasons to you.
I meant before I posted my response, appreciate your reasoning why you like the sport.

Generally speaking no, whilst I think rugby players enjoy the contact side of the sport I don't believe the majority want to hurt opponents.

I disagree that they should ban rugby in schools, I think its H&S gone mad, again. I don't ever see it being banned. On the flip side why isn't boxing taught during PE lessons if it is skillful?

clint van damme

I meant before I posted my response, appreciate your reasoning why you like the sport.

Generally speaking no, whilst I think rugby players enjoy the contact side of the sport I don't believe the majority want to hurt opponents.

I disagree that they should ban rugby in schools, I think its H&S gone mad, again. I don't ever see it being banned. On the flip side why isn't boxing taught during PE lessons if it is skillful?

I would suggest you either don't know any rugger players or they're a different breed to the ones I know.
As for boxing in schools, it takes a long time just to get into the condition needed for sparring. I don't think anything that requires that level of dedication would ever be on a school curriculum.
It's not like football, get a ball and take it as seriously, or not, as you like.

bringbackrattles

I've played Rugby for three seasons in the eighties and I loved the physicality of it the tackling and getting stuck in against your opponent. Whatever happened during a match it was forgotten about at the final whistle,even when someone tried to take your head off.
Boxers go in the ring knowing the dangers and so do all sportsmen/women in combat sports. Humans have been fighting since time began and always will !

eastwoodsdustman

Brook took his power well, far better than what expected but when he was hit he backed up to the ropes and smothered.

Brook didn't hurt Golovkin once, not one shot he landed had an effect on him.

Brook got battered, how you can think anything different I don't know.

Wrong on this one. Brook did connect more than once witb some decent combos and ggg did back off. He was hurt but hes not going to admit it is he?

Hadji10

when Brook caught him in the first round you could tell Brook had more power than he anticipated and it surprised him a little, hence the little nod to Brook but he wasn't hurt.

Agree mate, it made him take note but he wasn't hurt. Some insane comments being banded around today, people take what sky say and take them literally. Other than the second round, Brook took a bad beating.

chiefdave

Boxers go in the ring knowing the dangers and so do all sportsmen/women in combat sports. Humans have been fighting since time began and always will !
Be interesting to see what happens with MMA and boxing in the next couple of decades. There's a lot of research into concussions going on at the moment and the long term effects are far worse than previously thought.

When there's talk of changing American football and ice hockey to ensure there's less problems and even heading the ball in football has been mentioned. If those sports are talking about it how can boxing and MMA ignore it?

But then if you clamp down too much you'll just move the sports underground and without proper regulation and medial facilities in place.

ccfctommy

Boxing isn't for everybody. Skills? Fitness for one. There's loads of skill to boxing.

As for the fight, I gave Brook round two and thats's it.

Pipehitterz

Interesting tweet today of official score cards
All 3 judges differed over the 4 rounds
All giving 2 rounds each

Whatever we all thought of the fight, it could have become one of the greatest brawls in history, could well have been a Benn / McClelland masterpiece/ tragedy.

Thankful it wasn't that, but would love them to try it again, especially if Kell spends the next few Fights at light middle

bringbackrattles

Golovkin said Brook is no middleweight and never hurt him once. And Brook said he thought Golovkin would hit harder than he did. Boxers are a breed apart aren't they !

Hadji10

How 2 judges gave Brook the first round is beyond me, Golovkin nearly outlanded him by double the punches and had him badly hurt inside a minute.

2-2 on the cards I can live with, but no way was Brook up in the fight after rewatching it without the biased sky commentary, rounds one and 3 were CLEAR Golovkin rounds, and round 3 should have also been a 10-8 round as a knockdown wasn't called when it should have been.

Brook was out on his feet in round 5, his legs had completely gone, he was about 30'seconds away from being brutally knocked out,great corner work.

Pipehitterz

How 2 judges gave Brook the first round is beyond me, Golovkin nearly outlanded him by double the punches and had him badly hurt inside a minute.

2-2 on the cards I can live with, but no way was Brook up in the fight after rewatching it without the biased sky commentary, rounds one and 3 were CLEAR Golovkin rounds, and round 3 should have also been a 10-8 round as a knockdown wasn't called when it should have been.

Brook was out on his feet in round 5, his legs had completely gone, he was about 30'seconds away from being brutally knocked out,great corner work.
Lol that wasn't a knock down. Now I know your trolling

Users who are viewing this thread