Good article on Leon (1 Viewer)

runner

I'm not so sure he will have it as smooth sailing as he thinks, particularly if he warms the bench a bit, comes on and in the first few games doesn't score ... fans will turn, they weren't that keen on having him back in the first place !

SkyBlue_Bear83

He'll be throwing a strop the moment things start going wrong for him. The first time he gets dropped or criticised by the manager or receives stick from the fans he'll be chucking his toys out of the pram.

I don't think he realised how good he had it here (minus the obvious issues with the club) but in having a manager who had complete faith in him, teammates who look up to him, having the team built around him and a fan base which adored him.

Hobo

Two recent things struck me...
Pressley when asked about Clarke leaving and moral "it will be better"
In the Arsenal match 2nd half Clarke went down dramatically after a fair challenge and stayed down. The ref waved play on. City battled and got the ball back and went on the attack with Moussa. Not one city player looked to play the ball out or seemed bothered Clarke was still rolling around. They seemed intent on keeping possession and building an attack.

Tonylinc

Looks like he is sinking without trace which is in effect what SP said would happen to him. Now I know that we would all leave our current jobs for a rise but sometimes you have to weigh up the advantages of staying where you are. What has David McG done since his move?

wingy

Looks like he is sinking without trace which is in effect what SP said would happen to him. Now I know that we would all leave our current jobs for a rise but sometimes you have to weigh up the advantages of staying where you are. What has David McG done since his move?
Quite well tbf Tony
But just picked up a quite serious injury IIRC

Last edited:

georgehudson

imho, it's the agent, whoever he is who is the one to be held responsible,
he's got his percentage, (laughing all the way to the bank),
imho, agents are the parasites of football,
& just as gullible is Clarke, who has only been bought,
to try & guarantee promo,
yes, he'll be on a higher wage, but that is short term,
as soon as he is deemed surplus,
woooof, off you go mate

shy_tall_knight

Clarke cost us nothing when fit he was superb, scored goals linked the play with his physical strength, we struggled when he got injured towards the back end of last season, we struggled since he left, we pocketed a load of cash, he's gone to a bigger club, with more potential and who doubt pay him more.

What did he owe Cov, he signed for a club 14 months ago who played at the Ricoh and were genuine contenders for promotion, he lefy a club who play at Northampton and are drifting backwards. Need to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread