Goodbye Grandad (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

His funeral today. Don't know what I'm going to do without him. True sky blue and is wearing his City shirt on his last journeyy. First game was in the 30s and watched the likes of Clarrie Bourton, Billy Lake and George Mason. Often joked saying he felt guilty as without him I probably wouldn't have become a City fan. Posting on here as he seemed to know a lot of people and one of you may have known him. Ran the ambulance service in Cov for about 40 years. Name was Fred Freelove.

IMG_2379.JPG IMG_7031.JPG

CJ_covblaze

Sorry to hear it :(

Hope today goes OK and he gets a good send off!

Cheers and he will. We've all got to wear sky blue. I think some are going in City jerseys.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hope it goes ok, nice gesture of wearing sky blue

lifeskyblue

Hope today goes as well as it can. Sounds as if it will be a good send off. Hope you manage a humming of the sky blue song for your grandad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

I've seen that chap around over the years ! RIP !
Good to hear. He had a decent send off. Tearful but plenty there. They did him a sky blue and white coffin with the club crest on it which he would've liked.

Brylowes

Thoughts are with you today mate, hoping all goes well for you and your family.
I'm sure you will all give him the send off he deserves.:emoji_pray:

SkyblueBazza

Sad day, but hope you remembered & indeed found plenty of new & happy memories along the way.

Lost both parents in quick succession a couple years ago - the pain never seems to go, but you learn to cope.

Atb

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for the kind comments. PUSB

Otis

His funeral today. Don't know what I'm going to do without him. True sky blue and is wearing his City shirt on his last journeyy. First game was in the 30s and watched the likes of Clarrie Bourton, Billy Lake and George Mason. Often joked saying he felt guilty as without him I probably wouldn't have become a City fan. Posting on here as he seemed to know a lot of people and one of you may have known him. Ran the ambulance service in Cov for about 40 years. Name was Fred Freelove.

View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613

It's great that you have such cherished memories CJ, they are irreplaceable.

Both my granddad's died before I was but a tot, so I have no recollection at all of them, though very vivid memories of both grandma's, who lived a good old age.

I am sure the memories you have will fill you with warmth and big smiles for many, many years to come.

Great that you gave him such a nice send off, but many condolences for your loss.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thoughts are with you CJ. It must have been really hard, but it always bring people together.

Had to bury my uncle yesterday believe it or not, which was really shit. Never seen my Dad so upset. Not exactly what you want after having a weekend in Riga on your stag either!

Hope everything went well anyway, and let's hope we can win promotion this season for him!

Sick Boy

Thoughts are with you CJ. It must have been really hard, but it always bring people together.

Had to bury my uncle yesterday believe it or not, which was really shit. Never seen my Dad so upset. Not exactly what you want after having a weekend in Riga on your stag either!

Hope everything went well anyway, and let's hope we can win promotion this season for him!

Sorry for your loss, pal.

CJ_covblaze

Thanks again to all. On the way to Jamaica now. Badly needed after the last few weeks.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Have a good chill CJ Sorry for your loss PUSB Onwards and Upwards!!

bringbackrattles

Thanks for the kind comments. PUSB
When I saw this for a moment I thought it was your grandad Derek. But after reading it it was another of your family. I was talking to them this morning on the windows,said your on holiday, think in Jamaica ?
They're a smashing couple and talk a lot about you.

Gazolba

His funeral today. Don't know what I'm going to do without him. True sky blue and is wearing his City shirt on his last journey. <snip> Name was Fred Freelove.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I never knew my granddad on my father's side and on my mother's side my granddad was very old even when I was little.
Your granddad looked a lot like Liberace.

Users who are viewing this thread