Google Chrome (1 Viewer)

I have used Chrome it is fast. But don't trust its Google connection so pretty much exclusively use Opera which is also faster than Firefox.

Sky Blue Luke

Downloaded, cheers Nick :)

redsox

Facebook User
As mentioned earlier , by Angry Ant I think , FF has had its problems of late. I was always a big fan and even tested some of the betas for firefox 4 and honestly I think it's now the worst it has ever been. I recently changed to chrome and everything is much rosier now. I was beginning to think I needed a new PC, turns out all I needed was a new browser. Goodbye to all those long pauses , freezes & 'not responding' banners and hello brand sparkly new chrome!!

:guitar2:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I use it Nick I'll download your extension now........... ;)

MatthewWallis

Just being using it for a couple of hours, have to say i'm pleased so far seems to be a bit quicker than Firefox, plus it doesn't log me out of SBT all the time like the latter :)

Chrome logs me out all the time, doesnt really bother me though, and its the best browser :D

rob9872

Wtf??? Can anyone help out a technophobe please? I use Google - what's the difference in that and Google Chrome. Also, Cliff notes on the extension please to see if it's worth my while bothering as I have no idea what it will do and I've always thought "if it aint broke, don't fix it" :)

tyia

Danceswithhorses

Wtf??? Can anyone help out a technophobe please? I use Google - what's the difference in that and Google Chrome. Also, Cliff notes on the extension please to see if it's worth my while bothering as I have no idea what it will do and I've always thought "if it aint broke, don't fix it" :)

tyia
Google is a search engine...like bing and ask jeeves
Google Chrome is a web browser...like internet explorer, firefox, safari and opera
....ALSO Chromium (Google again) is an operating system...like windows 7 and linux

Disorganised1

I'm a bit of a googlephobe and have firewall problems using Chrome - but I sit behind rather more firewalls than most people at work, and have some unusual protection at home. I can't be bothered to fiddle with my protection to make chrome work, so I'll continue with IE, now that Firefox isn't playing nicely.

rob9872

Google is a search engine...like bing and ask jeeves
Google Chrome is a web browser...like internet explorer, firefox, safari and opera
....ALSO Chromium (Google again) is an operating system...like windows 7 and linux

Thank you :)

TheRoyalScam

I've just switched to Google Chrome and I've been impressed with it so far. Going to download the extension now..........

redsox

Facebook User
I've been trying Comodo Dragon which is based on chrome, but , on my system anyway , seems quicker . It has all the same features as chrome too! Has anyone else tried it.

Danceswithhorses

My chrome browser crashed yesterday, and i'm having to re ad all my extensions, but the link on page 1 for the SBT chrome extension doesn't seem to work.
It doesnt recognise the crx file ?

[edit] i have investigated further, and it seems chrome now doesn't allow items not in chrome extensions web store.
It suggest uploading said apps to the extensions web store

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread