Graphic Design (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody else play around with Photoshop to make signatures / avatars etc?

http://www.player-art.com/forum/If you do do graphics and stuff like that feel free to post them up and share tips / tricks

Here are a few random logos I have made:

redboxmods.png

ebored.gif

videogame.gif

If you are into this sort of thing feel free to post hints and tips because we are always trying to learn new things :)

Nick

Administrator
I tend to just use Adobe stuff. It is complicated the first time but then you get used to it :)

Nick

Administrator
It is just a case of playing about with them and getting used to them though mate :)

simmouk

Administrator
I play around with Photoshop now and again :D

In fact, I saw a post earlier where someone was asking for a sig...so I made one. Tee hee hee.

vickyskyblueih6.png

Nick

Administrator
Do you ever use Illustrator?

I try my best to only use that to keep everything "Vector"

simmouk

Administrator
Not really, used it a bit to do some vector work at a place I worked at last year. Should probably use it more!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it is a good tool! It is a bit of a pain to get used to if you just use Photoshop but when it comes to having to resize things a lot because it's vector it works well :)

simmouk

Administrator
Well, in brief...Vectors are rendered by calculating mathematical equations as paths with start and end points, as opposed to pixel based images like bmp's and jpegs. A basic example is stretching an image that doesnt loose any quality when resizing...thats vector!

daveccfc

That is a bit over my head with the maths bit but I have a mate who works making signs who says he uses these. I assume it is so a small logo can be blown up to go on a massive sign etc.

Common sense really :)

Nick

Administrator
Yep, if you notice when you try to make a normal picture bigger it loses a lot of quality and looks blurry and silly.

A vector can do this and still look sleek and normal :)

snowcat

Has anyone used Photoshop CS4? the newest version, i don't see much of a difference with CS3 to be honest :/ also, there is a program called Green Box which is great for making logos, and even Gimp a freeware program similar to photoshop is good for making sigs

simmouk

Administrator
GIMP was something I used in Uni...I know it's free, but it was RUBBISH! So unintuitive, it was a joke. Didn't get on with it at ALL.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I started out on GIMP, its a good program but Photoshop has soo many more features and once you got the hang of it everything is much easier to find.

Anyone who wants to learn Photoshop should use tutorials on youtube and learn as you go, everything I learnt was self taugh... Its not hard !

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, everything I know is self taught as well. It is just a case of learning techniques that you need :)

simmouk

Administrator
For some reason, even thought at work we have Adobe CS3...I still use Photoshop 7 haha. I have 7 at home and have it at work as well now as I just find it more comfortable to use...it's not a million miles away in terms of difference but I'm just so used to where everything is in 7 that I like to stick with it!

dutchman

Still using Photoshop CS2 myself, it would take me too long to get used to any newer version. Hell, am still discovering new features in this one.

Can someone please tell me the purpose of Image Ready? As far as I can tell it merely duplicates what Photoshop already does. Also it has a nasty habit of opening by itself with certain filetypes such as .png

Users who are viewing this thread