Gray's Gone (1 Viewer)

vow

Andre Gray: Watford sign Burnley striker for club record fee
Good Player, but £18M?
Last year of contract, perhaps decent money after all?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I were a Burnley fan though, they don't seem to spend much money in transfers or renovate their stadium, where does all that dough go they get from the Premier League?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Burnley for the drop this season.

Good manager in Dyche not sure why they haven't spent a few more quid, maybe they have but players have been put off by the clubs set up? I don't know.

Reactions: vow

wingy

Andre Gray: Watford sign Burnley striker for club record fee
Good Player, but £18M?
Last year of contract, perhaps decent money after all?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I were a Burnley fan though, they don't seem to spend much money in transfers or renovate their stadium, where does all that dough go they get from the Premier League?
Think they have sunk a fair bit into the Infrastructure tbf Vow.
Is Fletcher still in the boardroom I wonder?

Reactions: vow

wingy

Burnley for the drop this season.

Good manager in Dyche not sure why they haven't spent a few more quid, maybe they have but players have been put off by the clubs set up? I don't know.
Dysche certainly gets the utmost from the hand he's dealt.
Reckon he'll get them to survive.
Maybe he'll swoop for CBR, Swansea haven't confirmed that deal yet. ;-)

skybluetony176

Think they have sunk a fair bit into the Infrastructure tbf Vow.
Is Fletcher still in the boardroom I wonder?

They've spent loads on first team training facilities and academy facilities. Needed to as well. Saw an interview with Dyche a while ago from their old training ground and the office's, changing facilities etc were prefabs and statics.

They on the face of it seem to be spending their premier league money well. Dyche is a top manager too. Not sure how he'd fair in one of the top jobs as he might be a square peg in a round hole but a perfect fit for a club like Burnley.

steve82

They've spent loads on first team training facilities and academy facilities. Needed to as well. Saw an interview with Dyche a while ago from their old training ground and the office's, changing facilities etc were prefabs and statics.

They on the face of it seem to be spending their premier league money well. Dyche is a top manager too. Not sure how he'd fair in one of the top jobs as he might be a square peg in a round hole but a perfect fit for a club like Burnley.

Well put, from what my understanding of Burnley is they've invested back into there own infrastructure with a very nice looking training complex which Dyche was very instrumental in designing.

It's no good spending over the odds trying to lure big names to a shabby old dated training facility, I'm sure they'd laugh and say no thanks as there not exactly a fashionable club in a exciting area.

I think Burnley are aware every year they start in the prem there punching above there weight plus Burnleys model seems to be proven British based players who are top championship players so while competing in the prem there well equipped to attempt to come back up.

They have took on Jon Walters earlier in the summer before they sale of Gray, so a replacement in there while they search for the next target who will be a star like Gray.

skybluetony176

Well put, from what my understanding of Burnley is they've invested back into there own infrastructure with a very nice looking training complex which Dyche was very instrumental in designing.

It's no good spending over the odds trying to lure big names to a shabby old dated training facility, I'm sure they'd laugh and say no thanks as there not exactly a fashionable club in a exciting area.

I think Burnley are aware every year they start in the prem there punching above there weight plus Burnleys model seems to be proven British based players who are top championship players so while competing in the prem there well equipped to attempt to come back up.

They have took on Jon Walters earlier in the summer before they sale of Gray, so a replacement in there while they search for the next target who will be a star like Gray.

I can't help but admire Burnley, Dyche and the way the club is run. I have a mate who's a Burnley fan and he constantly reminds me that it has a population similar to Rugby. Only adding to my admiration. Great club.

vow

They also sold Keane to Everton for £30M, been in the PL for 2-3 seasons(?) that's a hell of a lot of cash for infrastructure, youth and training facilities. Greatly run club by the looks of it, but selling your 2 best players from last season would piss me off a treat.
If Dyche has got something up his sleeve re. signing top Championship players or even a big money transfer I'd like to see it sooner rather than later (If I were a Burnley fan). Good manager by all accounts, shame we couldn't get him when we interviewed him (allegedly).

steve82

They also sold Keane to Everton for £30M, been in the PL for 2-3 seasons(?) that's a hell of a lot of cash for infrastructure, youth and training facilities. Greatly run club by the looks of it, but selling your 2 best players from last season would piss me off a treat.
If Dyche has got something up his sleeve re. signing top Championship players or even a big money transfer I'd like to see it sooner rather than later (If I were a Burnley fan). Good manager by all accounts, shame we couldn't get him when we interviewed him (allegedly).

Dyche said in a interview they were sold for as they were entering the final year of there contract.

A club like Burnley are stepping stones for players like Keane and Gray and like Peterborough there policy seems if your in a final year of your contract and not extended there deals they will be sold regardless of name.

Terry Gibson's perm

Backed them to go down their lack of investment will catch up with them, I wouldn't let them have the prem money this year as they are taking the piss not spending it, as a sky viewer I don't give a shit about new offices and training grounds the money is there to spend on players not infrastructure.

Terry Gibson's perm

Pretty sure they built at least one New stand as well.

Don't think so they have finished off some exec boxes, some of the money went on buying back the training ground at a vastly increased price the seller was the club chairman

wingy

Don't think so they have finished off some exec boxes, some of the money went on buying back the training ground at a vastly increased price the seller was the club chairman
Yes appears you are right TGP.
They put together a six or seven stage redevelopment plan for the stadium, training and academy facilities back in 2008,under Fletcher I think but have cited global economic conditions and relegation as reasons for stalling on this.

vow

So this post isn't about retouching your hair colour?
grecian2000beforeafter.jpg

Just for .........You Gaz....I meant ...Men.

Users who are viewing this thread