Great actors in crap films (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Roberto de Niro in , the rocky and bulwinkle film

torchomatic

Michael Caine in most of his. Anyone remember Dressed to Kill?

oucho

Caine spent about 20 years just doing paycheck movies, whilst throwing something decent every few years to keep his name value up e.g. A Bridge Too Far, The Man Who Would Be King, etc. When I saw this thread, he was the first actor who came to mind.

He was in one of the very ropey Jaws sequels, the one with the infamous continuity error where he appears bone-dry despite having just jumped out of the water, and during the publicity, one of the journos (who had seen the preview) asked him:
"Michael, how can you sit there promoting this film, it's awful, have you even seen it?"
To which he replied, "no, I haven't actually.....but I have seen the house that I was able to buy using my fee for this movie."

Malaka

Michael Caine has been in a few shockers. Escape to Victory springs to mind. Jim Carey was not funny in Cable Guy. Steve Martin has not been funny for years. Al Pachino Godfather 3, Ishtar Dustin Hoffman

Nick

Administrator
Adam Sandler is worse, his older films are classic but now every time you turn Netflix on he's in some really shit film that doesn't even warrant the bandwidth loading the cover.

duffer

Steven Seagal in.... no, wait, I'm thinking of crap actors in crap films, sorry. He looks like a wardrobe wearing a coat these days, acts like one too.

I quite liked Dressed to Kill, alarmingly enough, though it is a long time since I've seen it. Escape to Victory is an absolute classic, though I appreciate it's just too subtle for a mainstream audience. :)

And I can think of at least one player with Coventry City connections in Escape to Victory, any takers?

Nick

Administrator
Steven Seagal in.... no, wait, I'm thinking of crap actors in crap films, sorry. He looks like a wardrobe wearing a coat these days, acts like one too.

I quite liked Dressed to Kill, alarmingly enough, though it is a long time since I've seen it. Escape to Victory is an absolute classic, though I appreciate it's just too subtle for a mainstream audience. :)

And I can think of at least one player with Coventry City connections in Escape to Victory, any takers?

Pele went to the Ricoh.....Tesco.

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking of someone who actually worked for us for a while, and apparently we tried to sign him in his playing days too. Top moustache.
warkarrivelfc.jpg

Tash gave it away.

duffer

warkarrivelfc.jpg

Tash gave it away.

Yeah, too big a clue, and way too early. :)

Bloody good player though, imho, would have improved any team at his peak. Better actor than Steven Seagal too, though not a patch on Ossie Ardiles as Hamlet.

Reactions: vow

duffer

I can just about remember him from his Ipswich days towards the end

He was handy Nick, as I remember. Tough as old boots as a midfielder but with a tremendous knack of arriving late in the box to score. They'll be others here who know more about him than me though, there always is!

Grendel

Yeah when he went cross dressing - shocker. Wasn't he in the worst Jaws film as well when a shark went round the globe to find its victim?

Grendel

I'm surprised Daniel Craig ever made it as James Bond. Check the film Mother - if you've got the stomach for it

Sky_Blue_Daz

Christopher Walken in Mousehunt, What a dog of a film that was

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread