Grimsby Away Tickets (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

A lovely day out, watched city there years ago and took my Villa supporting girlfriend and she still married me.

One of the many dumps that we have the pleasure of travelling to this season.

Astute

A lovely day out, watched city there years ago and took my Villa supporting girlfriend and she still married me.

One of the many dumps that we have the pleasure of travelling to this season.
Be prepared.

They have one of the better stadiums. It has a McDonald's outside the ground so you have more choice of what crap you eat. Standing on the main road with the stadium behind you if you go right Grimsby Town centre is to your left. 10 to 15 minute walk. Go the other way and you get to Cleethorpes 'sea' front. It might be the mouth of the river Humber, but at least it looks like the sea.

The nightlife shouldn't be bad as there will be 'holidaymakers' The locals are mainly very friendly. Beer and food cheap in surrounding areas. A sneaky fish and chips whilst looking at the 'sea'

I can think of many that will be worse. Lack of places to eat. Lack of pubs. Angry locals, a shed of a ground and no 'sea' to look at. But they're the games I look forward to.

steve82

Be prepared.

They have one of the better stadiums. It has a McDonald's outside the ground so you have more choice of what crap you eat. Standing on the main road with the stadium behind you if you go right Grimsby Town centre is to your left. 10 to 15 minute walk. Go the other way and you get to Cleethorpes 'sea' front. It might be the mouth of the river Humber, but at least it looks like the sea.

The nightlife shouldn't be bad as there will be 'holidaymakers' The locals are mainly very friendly. Beer and food cheap in surrounding areas. A sneaky fish and chips whilst looking at the 'sea'

I can think of many that will be worse. Lack of places to eat. Lack of pubs. Angry locals, a shed of a ground and no 'sea' to look at. But they're the games I look forward to.

The highs and lows..... or just plain lows
Ok a CCFC away day anyway, league two on tour.
Question is will be start well or come down to earth very quickly with what to expect this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

Booked Skeggy for after.
Fair play to the OP for starting this thread because I'd forgotten all about the small matter of getting match tickets.
Why Skeggy? Its over an hour away, might aswell just go home or if you want a night out surely Cleethorpes is no worse than Skeggy?

Astute

Why Skeggy? Its over an hour away, might aswell just go home or if you want a night out surely Cleethorpes is no worse than Skeggy?
Cleethorpes is a shithole. A day on the river bank that looks like a beach. Nightlife is poor. Better off in Grimsby for the nightlife. Not very good there either. But decent selection of pubs.

Skeggy any day. About 50 minutes away. More or less a straight run.

Astute

Got my son with me. Bit more for him in Skeggy., (I think!).
Not lots but enough to do. Small pleasure park. Lots of arcades. Skeggy pier....mainly more arcades. McDonald's near the pier. But Raff 55 highly recommended. At the start of the seafront. All in food. Chinese, Indian, Pizza as well as burgers and thin steaks. And all deserts included. I like the Eaton mess. Normally have a few. The earlier you go the cheaper it is. Beer a decent price.

Astute

Ok Daddy....
The last time we played there I went in with the Grimsby supporters. The away end gets the wind straight off the North sea. If you was there last time you would remember how cold it was. Most said the coldest they have ever been at a football game.

I was the idiot jumping up and down celebrating our goal amongst the Grimsby supporters :smuggrin:

smileycov

Facebook User
Scunthorpe away when marlon King played and "scored" his first...coldest day ever!!

CCFC88

Gillingham away a couple of seasons ago, first week of Jan I think, stood on their scaffold stand, never been that cold,

Nick

Administrator
I went to Gillingham as a birthday present as a kid, old stadium standing up. Just remember how cold it was.

Gazolba

Best away match I ever went to was eons ago (early 1960's). Mansfield Town when we were both challenging for the league. In those days everyone wore the team's colours (scarves and hats) and I remember the Mansfield fans were all in good cheer and very friendly. Mansfield had an amazing player called Ken Wagstaff.
Ken Wagstaff - Wikipedia

mark82

Always find the away end at Barnsley cold when the wind is blowing through the big gap in the corner. Was even cold there last week.

chiefdave

Two games that always stick in my mind are the cup game away at Forest. Was live on TV and the day Mandela was released. We were on an uncovered terrace and it was hammering it down. Kick off kept getting delayed as the news was being extended while we stood there frozen and soaked.

Other one was back at HR. Middle of winter against Wimbledon with well under 10K there. At one point it was hailing so hard that standing on the kop you struggled to face the pitch and keep watching the match. We lost to a late own goal as well I seem to recall.

Joy Division

I always find the Ricoh to be one of the coldest places on a winter evening, especially recently with the sparse attendances. Tranmere at home a couple of seasons ago sticks out as a particularly cold one, think we won 1-0 and Tranmere were top of the league at the time....both teams were dreadful and I was very happy when the final whistle was blown.

Nick

Administrator
I always find the Ricoh to be one of the coldest places on a winter evening, especially recently with the sparse attendances. Tranmere at home a couple of seasons ago sticks out as a particularly cold one, think we won 1-0 and Tranmere were top of the league at the time....both teams were dreadful and I was very happy when the final whistle was blown.

It does get really cold. :(

SlowerThanPlatt

Does anyone know many tickets will we get? The football ground site says the normal allocation the 600? The ground holds 9,000 and their average attendance was 5,000 last season

Astute

Does anyone know many tickets will we get? The football ground site says the normal allocation the 600? The ground holds 9,000 and their average attendance was 5,000 last season
Theu normally allow 600. But they can give the whole side behind the goal if needed. Which hasn't been needed often for years. 2,200 IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread