Match Thread Grimsby Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

vow

Pity we couldn't smash Mowbray for getting us relegated, but Slade will have to do for now.

Keep the same team as Saturday's win, I'm going for a 2-1 win.

skybluetony176

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a decent win by us. Pretty sure they'll play hoof ball much the same as Notts Country and we seemed to handle them well enough. Would like to see the Duck squeezed in the starting line-up somewhere if only because I don't think JJ will score us a hat trick every week and of all our available forwards the Duck seems to have the biggest physical strength which seems to be an asset when playing a team that Slade has set up.

2-0 to us.

On Slade. Wrong manager at the wrong club at the wrong time. Can't blame Slade for that, he has to earn a living. The blame lies with whoever appointed him. No animosity from me. Just want to beat Grimsby because I want us to gain 3 points.

Otis

Funny how we view games differently, on Saturday I thought Beavon was busier than McNulty and how can you drop anyone after last week...same team for me
Well true. Just thought both Beavon and Beanon haven't done anything of note and that Nazon looked really dangerous when he came on, on Saturday and then again in the first half of last night's game.

cooperskyblue

I would (barring any new injuries) play exactly the same team that started against Notts.

I am confident of a win as with Nathan Clarke in defence any forward pass will have him flustered.

Last season I went to that horrendous 3-1 home defeat to Swindon and genuinely that was one of the worst centre half performances I had seen from Clarke and Turnbull....
I would like to think we have too much for them on Saturday.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

giphy.gif
All the players to play in wellies rendering Doyle useless without studs to maim people with, resulting in him just barking orders at people and being substituted for a Jack Russell at half time. Slade to slip over in the wet after 7 minutes and then be splashing about on his back, legs and arms flailing like an upside down beetle, unable to right himself for the rest of the game.

City to win 3-0 again and post match interviews to be delayed by 2 hours because Robins will insist everyone is scrubbed up so well it'll look like they're attending a wedding instead of an interview on an iphone with Clive Eakin.

Otis

I would (barring any new injuries) play exactly the same team that started against Notts.

I am confident of a win as with Nathan Clarke in defence any forward pass will have him flustered.

Last season I went to that horrendous 3-1 home defeat to Swindon and genuinely that was one of the worst centre half performances I had seen from Clarke and Turnbull....
I would like to think we have too much for them on Saturday.

I don't think Clarke is a bad player, but the one thing he isn't is fast. We can beat him hands down with pace.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Clarke scored on Saturday, won 3-1, score draw for me this one.

Mucca Mad Boys

Would be pretty foolish to think we're going to win this because Grimsby have Slade and Clarke. Whilst they didn't do well for us, a 3-1 win at the weekend shows they are no joke. Still fancy us for a solid performance and win! Fingers crossed.

Tommo72

Prob be one of their biggest crowds of the season so I'm expecting a challenging day, they will be well up for it.

I'm gonna say 1-1 - 1250 tickets sold so far with two days to go which is a little disappointing but I'd expect at least 1500 by kick off with pay on the day too.

steve82

Would be very naive of anyone to think this is gonna be 3 pts for the taking, Grimsby have recruited very well over the summer to compliment what they had already.

10 new signings over the summer they've made with a few good additions and a convincing opening day win.

Gaz71

I'm guessing Kwame Thomas is out injured?, does anyone know what the injury is and how long he is out for?

no_loyalty

This will be a hard game for us on a shit pitch, I think it will end in a 1-1 draw.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

All the players to play in wellies rendering Doyle useless without studs to maim people with, resulting in him just barking orders at people and being substituted for a Jack Russell at half time. Slade to slip over in the wet after 7 minutes and then be splashing about on his back, legs and arms flailing like an upside down beetle, unable to right himself for the rest of the game.

City to win 3-0 again and post match interviews to be delayed by 2 hours because Robins will insist everyone is scrubbed up so well it'll look like they're attending a wedding instead of an interview on an iphone with Clive Eakin.

I have two Jack Russell's, and I hand on heart believe either one of them would be better in goal than Lee Burge.

P.S. Eakin needs a fucking haircut.

Nick

Administrator
I have two Jack Russell's, and I hand on heart believe either one of them would be better in goal than Lee Burge.

P.S. Eakin needs a fucking haircut.

Unless it goes top corner. They would be better at tackling.

There's no better test for football skills than trying to take on multiple dogs at once, they will quite happily go through you to get to the ball. Once you are taking on 4 dogs and putting it top bag in your garden you have made it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'll definitely be able to identify you walking round Earlsdon now.
Camp mincer with two jack russells in a manbag wearing a Russell Slade style baseball cap.

The other Earlsdon is going to absolutely love that comment.

Unfortunately if you are looking for me with that description you won't find me, but if you go round the City Arms asking everyone: 'Are you Earlsdon_Skyblue1?' - You'll eventually get to me.

*It might take you a few weeks though, I'm not in there every day as it just came across in that last sentence.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Unless it goes top corner. They would be better at tackling.

There's no better test for football skills than trying to take on multiple dogs at once, they will quite happily go through you to get to the ball. Once you are taking on 4 dogs and putting it top bag in your garden you have made it.

You just wouldn't get the ball back from my dogs. They will play for hours but if you try and tackle them they will run you round like a dickhead.

Bring them on with 20 minutes, Jodi Jones style last season. 1-0 up and park the Jacks. Job done.

clint van damme

The other Earlsdon is going to absolutely love that comment.

Unfortunately if you are looking for me with that description you won't find me, but if you go round the City Arms asking everyone: 'Are you Earlsdon_Skyblue1?' - You'll eventually get to me.

*It might take you a few weeks though, I'm not in there every day as it just came across in that last sentence.

by the time I'd tracked you down I still probably wouldn't have been served! Have you tried out the app yet? I haven't but I'm going to give it a go.

Nick

Administrator
by the time I'd tracked you down I still probably wouldn't have been served! Have you tried out the app yet? I haven't but I'm going to give it a go.

Mentioned the app in another thread, saw it getting hammered in another Spoons. They just ordered a round and when it was brought over they ordered the next one and it was there in time for when they had finished. No stress at the bar in a queue and getting your elbows out.

clint van damme

Mentioned the app in another thread, saw it getting hammered in another Spoons. They just ordered a round and when it was brought over they ordered the next one and it was there in time for when they had finished. No stress at the bar in a queue and getting your elbows out.

sounds decent.

Users who are viewing this thread