Video Grimsby Town Reaction | Marc McNulty (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I was at the game on Saturday and I think everyone has overlooked one of the key reasons our first goal happened. I was on the side close to the dugout and just before Clarke went to take the free kick, Slade shouted 'let keeper have it!'

If Slade hadn't of said anything, Clarke would have taken it and we wouldn't of scored! Useless as per Russel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was at the game on Saturday and I think everyone has overlooked one of the key reasons our first goal happened. I was on the side close to the dugout and just before Clarke went to take the free kick, Slade shouted 'let keeper have it!'

If Slade hadn't of said anything, Clarke would have taken it and we wouldn't of scored! Useless as per Russel

Meanwhile, a car has just broken down on the M42. @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue has blamed Russell Slade for this incident.

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

What really seals it for me (and you only see it on the extended highlights) is that Clarke clearly goes to kick the ball and steps over the ball, faking the kick.

It clearly looks like Clarke is the free kick taker and so when he kicks it back to the keeper that's the kick taken.

What Clarke should have done is left it for the keeper to take.

That clears it up then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clint van damme

To be honest, even if the ref fucked up he denied us one of the clearest penaltys your ever likely to see just prior to that so it all worked itself out in the end.

Nick

Administrator
What really seals it for me (and you only see it on the extended highlights) is that Clarke clearly goes to kick the ball and steps over the ball, faking the kick.

It clearly looks like Clarke is the free kick taker and so when he kicks it back to the keeper that's the kick taken.

That clears it up then.

Exactly. The free kick is on the spot of the foul ready to go.

If the keeper is taking it, Clarke should leave it and run towards halfway.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

To be honest, even if the ref fucked up he denied us one of the clearest penaltys your ever likely to see just prior to that so it all worked itself out in the end.

Agreed. I was told at the time that the Grimsby player had won the ball but it was the opposite end of the pitch to us and the low overhanging roof made it difficult to see everything going on.

clint van damme

Agreed. I was told at the time that the Grimsby player had won the ball but it was the opposite end of the pitch to us and the low overhanging roof made it difficult to see everything going on.

i had a perfect view of it and was sober, it was 100%, stonewall penalty.

mark82

Was nailed on penalty. Clear as anything from the away end. To be fair, we probably had a better view than the officials. Think in this instance if we had the Champions League style official behind the goal it would definitely have been given.

mark82

That clears it up then.

There is absolutely no defence for it. The kick was taken. The intention is irrelevant, the ball was on the right spot and Clarke had already faked to take it once. Can't really argue that.

If intention was a factor no-one would ever be sent off.

Fergusons_Beard

If intention was a factor no-one would ever be sent off.

Remember a few years ago when Morgan for Sheffield Utd did a tackle against Steven Gerrerd and the ref gave a penalty even tho Morgan never touched Gerrard and was no where near him?

Ref said he gave the foul for intention!

Users who are viewing this thread