Guess the gate for Hartlepool replay (1 Viewer)

brinner

forgot we were playing!!

hopefully the gate will be below 1000!! :blue:

bigfatronssba

Bearing in mind last seasons 6594 against Arlesley was the lowest FA Cup crowd since 1908, tonight's must surely be the lowest since the club were Singers FC?

torchomatic

Probably. Had less than that for the Full Members/Simod Cup games. I remember going to the Millwall game at home where there were barely a thousand there.

Bearing in mind last seasons 6594 against Arlesley was the lowest FA Cup crowd since 1908, tonight's must surely be the lowest since the club were Singers FC?

Grendel

Who said SISU were not getting deserate, £9 to watch a FA cup game when it cost me £10 to watch a friendly against Nuneaton.

Pre sisu many championship games had reduced rates - £5 to watch Colchester once.

Rusty Trombone

Pre sisu many championship games had reduced rates - £5 to watch Colchester once.

So I guess what you're saying is that SISU are so desperate for money that they cannot afford to reduce the prices to encourage more people to go?? Surely they know more people = more pie money.

Grendel

So I guess what you're saying is that SISU are so desperate for money that they cannot afford to reduce the prices to encourage more people to go?? Surely they know more people = more pie money.

Er...no I was responding to the idiot that said they were getting desperate by reducing prices. I was pointing out price reduction is a common strategy. Average Ricoh price was under £10 even in its heyday.

Rusty Trombone

Er...no I was responding to the idiot that said they were getting desperate by reducing prices. I was pointing out price reduction is a common strategy. Average Ricoh price was under £10 even in its heyday.

I know, just teasing Mr G. It makes perfect sense to reduce prices in the belief that overall income will benefit. I was surprised when the Crewe cup game was priced so low last year, I believe they would have sold just as many tickets at double the price. At the time I thought they were rewarding the supporters, now it just adds to my belief that they haven't got a clue.

Grendel

I know, just teasing Mr G. It makes perfect sense to reduce prices in the belief that overall income will benefit. I was surprised when the Crewe cup game was priced so low last year, I believe they would have sold just as many tickets at double the price. At the time I thought they were rewarding the supporters, now it just adds to my belief that they haven't got a clue.

My season ticket used to cost nearly £500, then they reduced it to around £380 - I would have still paid £500 - so you are probably right.

Grendel

We are talking FA CUP not championship games, and it is sad you are trying to back up SISU with useless information.

So you are saying the FA Cup is a flaghip competition -- more a barometer of a club's fanbase than the league?

Rusty Trombone

We are talking FA CUP not championship games, and it is sad you are trying to back up SISU with useless information.

Obviously Nick and Grendel are well equipped to fight their own corner on this, but you must realise that ticket prices will vary based on many factors, regardless of what competition it is. The FA mess around with the competition enough, so maybe you should divert some attention their way. I know that a second round replay on a December night, against lower league opposition, isn't going to get me spending more than £5, even at the Ricoh.

Grendel

Obviously Nick and Grendel are well equipped to fight their own corner on this, but you must realise that ticket prices will vary based on many factors, regardless of what competition it is. The FA mess around with the competition enough, so maybe you should divert some attention their way. I know that a second round replay on a December night, against lower league opposition, isn't going to get me spending more than £5, even at the Ricoh.

The other thing which no future without a brain does not realise is that clubs cannot set prices for F A Cup games without consensus from the opposition.

Nick

Administrator
TheJPT is not the FA CUP, here is a good question for you when was the last time city main ticket price was £9 to see a FA CUP game.

So? Why does it matter what competition? Tickets were a tenner and kids were a quid against arlesley on a Saturday last season as a special offerbut can't remember them being desperate then?

It's a cold fa cup replay and Midweek night games are always usually cheaper, but let's not let that get in the way of making things up eh?

Respect to the guys on the Hill in the cold and rain last night. I couldn't see them after HT but they were definitely there in the first half.

italiahorse

Respect to the guys on the Hill in the cold and rain last night. I couldn't see them after HT but they were definitely there in the first half.

The radio said they could make them out on the hill as shadowy characters ??
Done it once never again. Pub was good though.

GaryPendrysEyes

1. Surely everyone knows by now Sisu are holding the club to ransom at Sixfields to get the Ricoh on the cheap- for only their interests. The war of attrition could see us in Sixfields for years. Why would people pay them money to help them do that? and there is no reason discussions couldnt be conducted with us in the Ricoh, paying a low rent.

2. If you want to see a match with your kids or family, why not go to an away game? Sixfields is hardly 'home' is it, there are more Cov fans and atmosphere 'away'!

3. The damage to Sisu of low attendances is financial but also negative publicity, which may reach current/potential customers; part of the reason they are so sensitive to negative press.

Users who are viewing this thread