Gunnar (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Did we ever hear how much we got for him after the tribunal ?

stupot07

Must be around £500k based on what we paid for best and borrowdale who were younger, had played less first team games, and weren't full international. We had to pay £650k each for them.

lordsummerisle

Must be around £500k based on what we paid for best and borrowdale who were younger, had played less first team games, and weren't full international. We had to pay £650k each for them.

Depends who you're a full international for.

Not that many players in Iceland, a couple of injuries and Bjork would get a game,

torchomatic

Neither do I. Good first season. After that?

Nonleagueherewecome

Depends who you're a full international for.

Not that many players in Iceland, a couple of injuries and Bjork would get a game,

That said, any sane man would value him at higher than Borrowdale, surely? And Best had hardly played at our level when we signed him. We should have just showed them that Sky scouting reort from a few years back, that'd have boosted his value!

shmmeee

It's not about footballing ability. The fee is for the effort put in training a player. Best and Borrowdale had both been at their respective clubs a lot longer than Gunnar had been here, and therefore they were owed more than we would be.

I do think we've missed him, at least until Deegan returned. Our midfield has lacked that energy and drive IMO.

les_miserables

Good first season, less than average second season and average under Boothroyd but did improve and scored two or three goals when Torn took over. Lots of players who do well first season struggle a bit in the second. I think in time he will be seen as another who slipped through our fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread