Gunnarsson - No Way I'll Sign The Contract On Offer (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Coventry+City+v+West+Bromwich+Albion+zZyiO4p4eesl.jpg
Gunnarson on contract talks

Coventry City midfielder Aron Einar Gunnarsson is being reported in the Icelandic press as not going to sign the current contract offered to him.

According to Visir, Gunnarsson who is out of contract at the end of this season is quoted as saying to Jeff Fréttablaðið:"The Board is prepared to offer me a new contract. "I do not know what is happening and it may well be fine for me to sign a contract whilst the European U21 Championships are on this summer.

The contract offer is not good enough and there is no way I'll sign it. They know exactly what I want," he added.

"I've completely let my agent take care of the matter and it is time to allow him to work for his salary."
pencil.png

Nick

Administrator
That makes him come across as a bit of a prick.

I hope it is just Icelandic media stirring shit though!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I always love these quoted as saying to bob my mate down the road sort of thing. RR likes to do this all behind the doors so it will be interesting to see the reaction to this next week.

tippex9

Same old story, just a new name to it. I'm sure they just have these stories on a template, with <enter player name here> the only bit to change. Tabb, Best, Westwood..... It's happened before and will happen again. Agents make more money if he moves on, players get signing on fees that would've been used for a transfer fee. All this "I love this club and want to stay" is just to shift the pressure on to the club. Really it's "If they make me rich i'd love to stay, if not i'll go to someone who will".

Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of Aron but i was of Tabb and Best too, life goes on, club is here to stay.

Coventry La La La

Gunnarsson DIstances Himself From Icelandic Article
Not my comments says Aron
Coventry City's Aron Gunnarsson has distanced himself from the article which appeared in Icelandic press over the weekend, saying that he was not going to sign a contract.

Speaking to the CT, Gunnarsson said: "I saw an article on the internet that has obviously come from Iceland so I rang the gaffer straight away and told him it did not come from me.

"I had a conversation with my dad because I lost my phone the other day so no-one could reach me from the newspaper back home, so they rang my dad and had a conversation with him.
"I haven't heard anything from my agent so he said to the paper that I wasn't thinking about signing the deal the club have offered.
"I don't know what came from my dad but I spoke to him afterwards and he said that he had said something because he didn't know anything. But I have told him to leave it to me."
Asked to clarify the situation, Gunnarsson said: "I want to be a part of Coventry now because it is so different from the last couple of years.
" I am enjoying it again and I think it has a lot to do with the gaffer because he has been building my confidence up again after my disgraced season last year.
"I honestly don't know what's going to happen. I have left it to my agent and the club to speak."
"Of course I want to sort something out because you can see with Aidy coming in this is a different club and different team to play for and I am enjoying it. And obviously if you are enjoying playing football and playing well at the moment you obviously want to extend your deal.
"I want to extend my deal but if it won't work out then, I don't know. I hope will work out, I really do."

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Just seen the same thing on the bbc:

Aron Gunnarsson keen to sign new deal at Coventry City

_50376627_aron_gunnarsson_226.jpg
Gunnarsson joined Coventry from AZ Alkmaar in 2008

Coventry City midfielder Aron Gunnarsson says he wants to stay at the club, citing manager Aidy Boothroyd as a big factor in his decision.
Gunnarsson, 21, joined the Sky Blues in 2008 and his current deal expires at the end of the season.
"I'm enjoying my football again and I think it has a lot to do with the gaffer building my confidence up," he told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.
"I've left it with my agent and club to sort," added the Iceland international.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe it is one of those things to try and get a contract sorted.

Didnt Clinton Morrison do the same?

Disorganised1

Lots of positive vibes coming out the Ricoh at the moment, people at work asking me about how City are playing, and talking about going up again.

Users who are viewing this thread