GW14 - Where we WILL finish this season

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by ccfcricoh, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

Keep it up. I like seeing how we are doing compared with projections - if people don't want to look at it they don't have to click.

2. Captain Dart

Captain Dart Well-Known Member

Yup, I like a graph that shows gradual improvement built on a good start. Hoping that is the case.

3. ccfcricoh

ccfcricoh Member

Just keeping you on your toes... thread updated, ta.i was struggling to find a website that had standings at various stages throughout last season and the one i did find was obviously dodgy!

Each to their own that want to ignore (or can't understand a graph!) , but unless i have a mass revolt i'll carry on as its something i like to see anyway

4. Londonccfcfan

Londonccfcfan Member

Ccfcricoh, don't stop mate it's top stuff!

Btw I simply just use BBC football website as you can look at scores and fixtures of any team going back two years. Just click on the month i.e. October 2016 etc.

Portsmouth 1-2 Doncaster Rovers

ccfcricoh likes this.
  5. pastythegreat

pastythegreat Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

6. ccfcricoh

ccfcricoh Member

Updated for Barnet result 0-0

7. ccfcway

ccfcway Well-Known Member

We are 3rd in attendances at the moment. That's promotion form !

again, its the income outside of attendance income that is hampering us. That's the sole responsibility of our owners, who haven't got their house in order.

Its not the fans fault. As Robins said yesterday "i can't fault them"

8. stevefloyd

stevefloyd Well-Known Member

But it would be far far better if we had more people coming to watch

9. ccfcway

the same as any club in the country. It would be better if more people turned up.

Difference is, we cant even maximise those that do turn up.

There are a lot of people to blame for the mess this club is in, but in now way is it the fans. It a miracle we still have any at all.

Hats off every ccfc fan out there, even the ones I argue with on here :)

letsallsingtogether and Ashdown like this.
  10. stevefloyd

I am not trying to blame anyone just saying some fans sit at home and whinge about us selling our best players if we had more revenue we could maybe persuade some players to stay but not everyone wants to stay here anyway

11. Adge

Adge Well-Known Member

Sometimes I laugh at people when the old "we need every penny" and "the budget will be cut if you don't renew" etc etc. By that logic then, every season ticket holder (fair play to them for renewing) who renewed is costing the club money. They should all have not renewed their season tickets and just payed on the gate every week at £26, therefore the budget would be a lot higher!

12. ccfcway

it presents an arguement for charging those currently going more. Majority are likely to still go, so will be more revenue. Said before, If I can get to a game, price isn't important (£20 or £30, I will pay). Clearly there is a ceiling, but i reckon most left will pay a little more without leaving, so it will be increased revenues

13. ccfcricoh

ccfcricoh Member

Updated for Accrington result 1-0 loss

14. Ashdown

Ashdown Well-Known Member

Only if that revenue became available to the manager !

15. stevefloyd

Absolutely but with the crowds up and down like yo yos i guess its difficult for any owners to try and budget what is and isnt available, season tickets are the life blood of any club not just our shitty owners, I am guessing they dont want to spend their ill gotten gains on improving the playing side but I am also guessing the increased revenue from last season went some way to giving us one of the better budgets for this season, its all too easy, and in some cases 100%correct, to blame our illustrious owners but if we are banking on match day revenue to boost our budget I am guessing it is much needed for ongoing operating costs.
    Heres one for food for thought, just supposing we were getting crowds of 25 to 30,0000 every home game, I think we could then point the finger of fun at shitsus doors although i do get where you are coming from, maybe we should all stay away then we can all become plastic fans of other clubs instead when we dont have a club to support.
    Just before anyone chooses to reply just take a step back and think if you owned Coventry City FC and no one turned up to watch them play how long would you fund it until you thought.. fuck it? That is not in any way shape or form pro shitsu it is pro CCFC !
    I go to watch us play because its my team, its what we do as fans unfortunately we have shit owners as I am guessing every club in the land has and because we have fallen so far they appear shitter, if we was in the premier league signing mutiple pound players they would still be shit owners but more tolerable shit owners

16. letsallsingtogether

letsallsingtogether Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    That echos what I have said before.
    I am a better supporter for not renewing, I give the Club more money.

Adge likes this.
  17. ccfcricoh

ccfcricoh Member

Updated for Forest Green result 1-0 loss

18. Londonccfcfan

Londonccfcfan Member