H96 pro plus (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I currently use an Amazon Firestick to access Kodi and other apps. Does anyone have an H96 pro plus box? Are they worth the money? Would it be worth me changing to one? I'm quite happy with the Firestick, but always looking to improve. Thanks for any reviews.

Houchens Head

It's an Android TV Box. .... H96 PRO PLUS Amlogic S912 Octa-core 3G DDR3 RAM 32G eMMC ROM Android 6.0 2.4G + 5.0G WiFi 1000M Gigabit LAN 4Kx2K 60fps Bluetooth 4.1 HDR10 VP9 H.265 HEVC Android TV Box Mini PC

Houchens Head

I was actually going through YouTube for my photography and stumbled across it. Not sure how it got linked? Anyway........

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it just looks like an Android box.

It depends what you use it for really, it will be the same as the firestick but more powerful and will do 4K too!

Houchens Head

As I said Nick, I'm really happy with my Firestick. So do you think this is just an "extra toy" as it were?

Houchens Head

That'll do for me then! Cheers Nick! :emoji_ok_hand:

Corrado

Can someone please explain these Kodi Firesticks to me please. I am normally quite up to date with new tech but this is something I have never looked into.

How does it work re watching sky sports etc, F1 season coming up soon, I have sky but no longer pay for sky sports.

Iv seen them on ebay for about £35 is it worth the money and are they quite easy to use?

Thanks

Covstu

You can buy one direct from Amazon and download directly (its cheaper and fairly easy to do). I have found Kodi a bit of a drag to navigate around but is better than my other option of casting my phone screen via showbox etc.

Although my firestick audio seems out of sync to the image at the moment which is just weird. Not sure why!?

Houchens Head

Can't seem to get Sky Sports (except the Sports News), on Kodi. I can get most other stuff though. Maybe need to look at some more add-ons?

Houchens Head

Can someone please explain these Kodi Firesticks to me please. I am normally quite up to date with new tech but this is something I have never looked into.

How does it work re watching sky sports etc, F1 season coming up soon, I have sky but no longer pay for sky sports.

Iv seen them on ebay for about £35 is it worth the money and are they quite easy to use?

Thanks
They work via the HDMI slot in your TV. You also need to have a router handy. Then you pair the Firestick with your router and you can download Kodi and watch stuff for free. That's it in a nutshell, but it can be a bugger to load Kodi. It takes a while and you need to do it right. Also get a VPN. That should hide your IP address from prying eyes, so to speak. I think you can also buy a Kodi Box with it already installed. You then just need Add-ons. You'd best Google all this to get a better picture. I'm not the best at explaining things! :emoji_persevere:

vow

As an aside, when I read the Thread title I immediately thought of these!

Pro%20Plus%20tablets

Houchens Head

Premier League crackdown on Kodi APPROVED by High Court
Its been in the news lately regarding a crack-down of Kodi boxes streaming live matches in the High court :sorry:
Yeah, seen all that vow. But it looks like the bigger IP's like Sky, Virgin etc are going to target "at source". That way, it would save them trying to chase down hundreds of thousands of individuals. And it makes it easier for them to shut down.

Reactions: vow

Flying Fokker

[QUOTE="Houchens Head, post: 1292002, member: 1833.

You'd best Google all this to get a better picture. I'm not the best at explaining things! :emoji_persevere:[/QUOTE]

I see what you did with that...

Users who are viewing this thread