Habitual exaggeration (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else hate it with a passion? Anyone else on the receiving end on a daily basis?

My missus is terrible and it's relentless.

'There's a mess everywhere.' (1 dirty cup and a couple of newspapers on the coffee table) 'Every time I see you, you are eating a packet of sweets.' (think it's 3 times now in a month). 'You've (daughter) left clothes everywhere in your bedroom.' (a pair of socks on the floor). 'You always leave the tap running in the bathroom.' (maybe half a dozen times in a couple of years).

I'm always (sic) correcting her on it.

'It's really chilly!' (22 degrees). It's absolutely tipping down (slight drizzle). 'The music is so loud! Thump, thump, thump!' (she's upstairs and I have Mozart on, on my headphones). 'You're (daughter) playing computer games all day long!" (1 hr a day).

Drives me completely (sic) crazy!!!!!

Grrr!

stupot07

My misses does it too. The worst is when I go and get showered and changed, she'll say "what have you been doing, it's took you over half an hour (15 mins tops) to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

My misses does it too. The worst is when I go and get showered and changed, she'll say "what have you been doing, it's took you over half an hour (15 mins tops) to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yep, get that. 'You're taking 'forever putting your shoes on!"(27 seconds).

Worst one is 'you always ...' Get that pretty much every day (no exaggeration).

stupot07

Yep, get that. 'You're taking 'forever putting your shoes on!"(27 seconds).

Worst one is 'you always ...' Get that pretty much every day (no exaggeration).

And the never/do nothing line.....

You never do anything around the house.......(I do all the gardening, mowing, watering plants, vacuuming & mopping and wash the cars, oh and the many DIY projects she asks me to do!!)

It's madness! They really are a different breed.

oakey

You never do anything around the house.......(I do all the gardening, mowing, watering plants, vacuuming & mopping and wash the cars, oh and the many DIY projects she asks me to do!!)

Sounds like you do very little between October and April, then.
Outdoor chores only take up half the year on my experience.
How often do you clean the loo? That needs doing 365 days per year. Watering plants and mowing take little time.

bringbackrattles

Good thread Otis. I was with my ex missus for 18 years (got parole) but she was constantly on and on moaning and groaning at me and the kids. Her favourite whinge was like Stupot's I did everything,but her favourite put down was when I'd spent a day in the garden or painting in the house she'd say: Still you've tried your best." Or:" It's okay, but can't we get a professional in next time." Love women but they sure know how to hit below the belt !

Johnnythespider

Someone should open a refuge for habitually nagged husbands it could be called H.I.C
(husbands in crisis) also giving a nod to those driven to drink.

Otis

Someone should open a refuge for habitually nagged husbands it could be called H.I.C
(husbands in crisis) also giving a nod to those driven to drink.

Yep, or W.T.F. for the inevitable reaction on the first day the husband wakes up after the wedding and wonders where their lovely fiancee has suddenly disappeared to.

stupot07

Sounds like you do very little between October and April, then.
Outdoor chores only take up half the year on my experience.
How often do you clean the loo? That needs doing 365 days per year. Watering plants and mowing take little time.

Cheeky bugger. My garden's 150 ft long and on 3 different levels Mowing and edging takes around an hour and 30 mins, and I mow twice a week otherwise it can take longer.

I vacuum the whole house and vacuum/steam mop the whole downstairs every week, I wash the cars every week.

They are my regular chores, I do wash up and dust the bedroom, and other bits and bobs, plus a lot of DIY.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Cheeky bugger. My garden's 150 ft long and on 3 different levels Mowing and edging takes around an hour and 30 mins, and I mow twice a week otherwise it can take longer.

I vacuum the whole house and vacuum/steam mop the whole downstairs every week, I wash the cars every week.

They are my regular chores, I do wash up and dust the bedroom, and other bits and bobs, plus a lot of DIY.

153af1d595de8632bb2842f39ab65d68.jpg

Ever thought of planting tea on it stupot :)

oakey

Do you suffer from OCD or are you just henpecked? Most of that sounds OTT. Whoever heard of a man dusting the bedroom? Only needs doing once a month at most.

stupot07

Do you suffer from OCD or are you just henpecked? Most of that sounds OTT. Whoever heard of a man dusting the bedroom? Only needs doing once a month at most.

No, it's the other half who's a bit ocd. I always dust the bedroom but it is usually only once a month ;) so Oakey I take it you're a female? Btw, I'm not looking for a medal. I happily do what I believe is my share of the chores.

martcov

Mine is the "always" version. "you always play with ipad", "you always say that", "you are always in Facebook ( I'm not, but she thinks the only reason to use a computer is to go into Facebook ) etc..

Ranjit Bhurpa

Not forgetting the 'you're not listening' routine. As in ' I told you last week I am going out on Saturday. I knew you weren't listening to me'.
Whilst the odd comment might slip my memory, I'm sure it's part of a larger plan to make me think senility has crept in full time, or maybe a cover for when she actually hasn't mentioned anything to me beforehand.
Talk about a parallel universe operating in our house..............

Ranjit Bhurpa

Anyone else hate it with a passion? Anyone else on the receiving end on a daily basis?

'There's a mess everywhere.' (1 dirty cup and a couple of newspapers on the coffee table) 'Every time I see you, you are eating a packet of sweets.' (think it's 3 times now in a month). 'You've (daughter) left clothes everywhere in your bedroom.' (a pair of socks on the floor). 'You always leave the tap running in the bathroom.' (maybe half a dozen times in a couple of years).

'It's really chilly!' (22 degrees). It's absolutely tipping down (slight drizzle). 'The music is so loud! Thump, thump, thump!' (she's upstairs and I have Mozart on, on my headphones). 'You're (daughter) playing computer games all day long!" (1 hr a day).

Grrr!

Have you tried the old favourite? - I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating!

Johnnythespider

"Well I suppose I'd better" ( insert task here) usually said 5 minutes after you've been asked to do it

blueflint

Grrr!

it would appear that you married the wrong woman or more like you failed to train her properly bud

Users who are viewing this thread