Hackney Fox - Banned (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Hello,

I have banned Hackney Fox for 2 weeks for winding people up.

One note though is that people need to be a little less sensitive about things, are most city fans like those fools burning the Leicester shirt in that youtube video? Can they not see he is trying to get a reaction?

If / when he comes back, I have asked him to stop winding people up.

So what if he supports Leicester, he did make some good posts. I have friends who are Leicester fans, Man Utd Fans and a shed load of other teams and all we do is have banter.

skyblueprincess

That just mean Sir Nick lol

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Hello,

One note though is that people need to be a little less sensitive about things, are most city fans like those fools burning the Leicester shirt in that youtube video? Can they not see he is trying to get a reaction?

So what if he supports Leicester, he did make some good posts. I have friends who are Leicester fans, Man Utd Fans and a shed load of other teams and all we do is have banter.

Bravo, I just ignored him but even that got a little tedious still seeing blanked comments on every post.

cloughie

The trouble is the majority of his points were trivial and pathetic which is why he does not have the respect that you can have with a genuine opposition fan in discussion and a bit of friendly banter. I for 1 won't be sad if he never returns, but I doubt we will be that fortunate.

rob9872

I think he'll be less irritating when we actually either have some good news to shout about or the new season has started. At the moment we're all feeding off snippets that are often negative press so we probably feel a litle more precious that we ordinarily would

gouldberg

The problem I had is that I use this site to talk about Coventry City with fellow Sky Blues fans, not a random Leicester fan. To have banter with other fans there are other forums available. This to me was my replacement for CET which unfortunately died out thanks to WUM's and idiots (I'm sure others on here will remember it's long and painful downfall). Whilst the old poll was very much 50/50, you also have to wonder if his presence has kept others away.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, it says very proudly at the top Coventry City FC Fans Forum.....I'm not really sure how a Leicester fan factors into that.

sky blue john

I think he'll be less irritating when we actually either have some good news to shout about or the new season has started. At the moment we're all feeding off snippets that are often negative press so we probably feel a litle more precious that we ordinarily would

Lol Rob very diplomatic ;)

rob9872

Lol Rob very diplomatic ;)

Well he's gone now, so its no fun being nasty to him when he can't reply. He often types that everyone shouldn't react to his posts and that's why he dopes it, but have you not noticed the way he jumps on every criticising post about him and take the exact same bait that he dishes ... ? ;)

sky blue john

I feel sorry for him probably been shunned by his fellow kind. But if he is that desperate to join us he should get himself down the shop get a lovely retro sky blue shirt.:D

cloughie

The problem I had is that I use this site to talk about Coventry City with fellow Sky Blues fans, not a random Leicester fan. To have banter with other fans there are other forums available. This to me was my replacement for CET which unfortunately died out thanks to WUM's and idiots (I'm sure others on here will remember it's long and painful downfall). Whilst the old poll was very much 50/50, you also have to wonder if his presence has kept others away.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, it says very proudly at the top Coventry City FC Fans Forum.....I'm not really sure how a Leicester fan factors into that.

I agree and could not imagine why anyone would want to go onto another clubs fans forum and sorry to have to say it again but anyone who does needs to get a life.

Paxman II

I got used to hackney on another forum and tbh he never bothered me. There are times he gets a little silly but having banter with a rival supporter was at times good fun. Often he made good points and I see no reason to shut him down other than a temporary slap on the wrist which Nick has angled at him so hope he returns and keeps it on topic!
Lets not forget we need to keep the forums a little cutting edge from time to time or it would all get a bit pedestrianised.

skybluetom

I think banning him is ridiculous to be quite honest! He creates debate which is exactly what you want on these types of forums surely?

Kuklinski

If people are so precious that they want somebody banned for coming here on the wind up I can only hope they never have a real issue in life.

covladzak

Hello,

He's a wum. Good on ya Nick.I have had problems with him and several others on gmk and I wont put up with their crap... On a lesser note, my postman here in Florida is a Manc and a Man U fan.. We have some nice debates on football...

skyblu3sk

Meh HF is someone you either like or hate, he does increase debate and although we have spared previously on GMK haven't had too much of an issue with him on here. As Nick says people may be being a bit OTT...

pusbccfc

I swear when he was first on he disguised himself as a cov fan saying oh just because on my name doesn't mean I'm not a cov fan??

Tankie

Good Morning Nick!
My dear chap, "forums" contain a large proportion of wind up merchants, and so they should, they give the posts, an abrasive cutting edge which lifts them beyond the local parish magazine.
Banning them is tantamount to surrender, and I,m pretty certain that"Hackney fox is jubilant at his exclusion, the way to go is "Fight fire with fire" give as good as you get, and then some, Running crying to mother Hen Nick about the nasty man who has "hurt our feelings" is very childish, and a clear admission that we are stuck for a caustic comment or two.
Of cause, we don't want the Forum to descend into a yobish slanging match, but I think that our posters are capable of returning the "slings and arrows"of mischievious infiltrators, as long as it steers clear of abusive personal attack, "bring em on" lets Send them packing with instant repartee, Banning them is an admission of failure, "we are better than that" so lets go fox hunting!
Regards..Tankie.

Godiva

I agree with Tankie and others who think banning Hackney is wrong.

Banning is a dangerous road and should only be considered if someone is deliberately trying to destroy the board.
I guess you will find that the traffic and post rate has not been lower when he is active, so at least he is not scaring people away.

Hackney has been on the GMK board for years. Mostly trying to start a good banter, and sometimes manage to wind a few people up. But he is not stupid or ignorant and he offers us a view of the club from the outside.

Coventry is his 'second life' and I have never had reasons to believe he really hate Cov - In fact, I think he will be one of us, when Leicester goes out of business ;).

Nick

Administrator
I agree that he loves CCFC, that is why I only put it for 14 days rather than lifelong.

I do think people need to stop having a go though and then saying "ban him" when he says something back.

Nick

Administrator
I think banning him is ridiculous to be quite honest! He creates debate which is exactly what you want on these types of forums surely?

It is only for a maximum of 2 weeks. I have emailed and PMed him to explain and also asked when he comes back not to be as much of a wind up.

I personally don't mind him and think he makes some good points, some people do need to chill out though.

LarryGrayson

I agree with Tankie and others who think banning Hackney is wrong.

Banning is a dangerous road and should only be considered if someone is deliberately trying to destroy the board.
I guess you will find that the traffic and post rate has not been lower when he is active, so at least he is not scaring people away.

Hackney has been on the GMK board for years. Mostly trying to start a good banter, and sometimes manage to wind a few people up. But he is not stupid or ignorant and he offers us a view of the club from the outside.

Coventry is his 'second life' and I have never had reasons to believe he really hate Cov - In fact, I think he will be one of us, when Leicester goes out of business ;).

hes a better poster then half the geezers on ere perhaps they should be baned too lol

Nick

Administrator
Like I said, it is only for a couple of weeks anyway but maybe if there is good behaviour he could get an early release.

Nick

Administrator
I did ask him not to try and wind people up. ;)

I am pretty sure he won't lose any sleep at night!

Moff

he can be a little sarcastic in posts which can wind some up.

I have enjoyed some banter with him, and we both give as good as we get.

Nick

Administrator
you saying if people wind me up they get baned too your in danger of setting a tricky president

Yes, if they constantly try to wind people up and knowing they are doing it and then bragging about it on other forums that they have wound people up.

Moff

you saying if people wind me up they get baned too your in danger of setting a tricky president

So if I said, shut that door to you, does that mean i am am banned for harrassment? :laugh:

(For anyone who doesnt get the above it is a Larry Grayson themed joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread